The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
, , ,

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems I keep referencing my beloved AR9 loudspeakers in discussions, real-life and online. I just dug up the facts/specs...

hbphotoav
replies: 20 views: 1,090
joelpatterson 16th April 2022

I just read this during some research on 16bit vs 24bit recording. Definitely some information I was not aware...

jnorman
replies: 11 views: 1,087
orange 15th April 2022

I will be recording a chamber concert in a few weeks. The ensembles will range in size form duets to an octet. Most will be 6...

dgpretzel
replies: 4 views: 781
dgpretzel 14th April 2022

Hello, on Saturday I'll perform in a theater and I'd like to record just for my archival purposes. There will be a huge amount of...

carpa
replies: 22 views: 1,295
kludgeaudio 10th April 2022

Anybody out there recall all of the live broadcasts from WPIX-FM (mid-1978 to early 1980)? They started a series of...

wpixfm
replies: 47 views: 22,023
PANIC19761979 8th April 2022

Hello, I work as an on set sound mixer/boom op and every once and a while my recorder picks up this really strange buzzing noise....

polishdog90
replies: 10 views: 5,276
Fabe79 8th April 2022

Changing this past year to a recorder-based approach, spending more time in the room, and making adjustments to mic placement...

Wavefront
replies: 6 views: 947
M50k 8th April 2022

I have a recording session of 10 persons string orchestra in a few weeks. The room is no so good, not much natural reverb. I...

Andre Tremblay
replies: 25 views: 1,858
surflounge 7th April 2022

Hello fellow gearslutz, I want to expand my setup for small classical projects. These are mainly soloists with piano...

___GLM___
replies: 6 views: 1,741
Rumi 7th April 2022

Hey y’all, maybe this isn’t the right place to share location work ?? But, here is a video that I did audio recording a...

greyham
replies: 7 views: 906
tourtelot 7th April 2022

I came across this recording, as I have to record this work in a couple of months. I do not usually post links to other...

Yannick
replies: 22 views: 1,389
mathieujm 5th April 2022

Anyone whose location recordings are likely to end up as a vinyl LP will find this video insight into the practices of 2 Abbey...

studer58
replies: 3 views: 1,163
Bushman 5th April 2022

I’d like to get some opinions and suggestions on my approach to mic selection and placement for an upcoming gig I have...

Mediakobo
replies: 11 views: 1,136
norfolksoundman9 4th April 2022

Asked this in the “So much gear” seton but no answers so thought I’d try Here. Anyone used this for acoustic stringed...

Petimar
replies: 4 views: 1,452
pentagon 2nd April 2022

I've got a general question about windshield setups for remote ORTF field recording. I have a pair of DPA 4011c small condensers...

dfluid
replies: 5 views: 1,008
kludgeaudio 1st April 2022

So I am sort of hooked up with some filmmakers who are ready to record the sound track for a short film. They are looking at...

jnorman
replies: 19 views: 1,145
adam miller 31st March 2022

hi, I run into the page of this french microphones: https://immersivesoundscapes.com/earsight-microphone/ From the specs...

buscon
replies: 9 views: 1,504
norfolksoundman9 31st March 2022

I make ambient techno. End product will, for the foreseeable future, be stereo and most commonly heard via Spotify stream. I'm...

Simonator
replies: 43 views: 1,855
allebaug 29th March 2022

There are a few things that I address with all our interns and the newbies that come through our place. Here's one of the...

Remoteness
replies: 49 views: 4,586
2manyrocks 28th March 2022

At the end of a recording session with Beethoven Sonatas we just compared our three pairs of omni microphones just for fun. Mic...

kscz
replies: 92 views: 25,597
Philip S89 28th March 2022

Hello! The other day I did a test for close location of stereo pairs of microphones on a Zimmermann cabinet grand piano...

Hook of
replies: 4 views: 929
Hook of 28th March 2022

I'm experimenting with techniques for mic'ing a double bass. Aside from standards such as a large diaphragm condenser 1-2' in...

Ukiah Bass
replies: 35 views: 3,430
David Rick 27th March 2022

As I have written a few times before, I consider the creation of appropriate reverb space for recordings made in less-than-ideal...

jnorman
replies: 199 views: 20,335
studer58 26th March 2022

Well, not 1 mic but 2....if you're pushed for available channels on location this short video from Basel shows that a pair of...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 848
jimjazzdad 25th March 2022

For those who have done mobile recording for pay, do you charge a separate rate for schlepping and set up and a separate one for...

Funky 1
replies: 38 views: 2,021
Remoteness 25th March 2022

I keep telling myself I'm learning all the time-- I certainly go through different moods and modalities all the time, but I...

joelpatterson
replies: 14 views: 873
philper 25th March 2022

Schoeps ORTF Stereo Microphone MSTC*64*U with Nagra 7 recorder probably good enough for capturing simple music...

surflounge
replies: 36 views: 5,956
Vunz 24th March 2022

So far I was using FabFilter Q3. By chance I tried Maat EQ Red, Orange etc. and was quite surprised that the result sounds quite...

ISedlacek
replies: 15 views: 1,653
rumleymusic 23rd March 2022

Hi all - I understand that when micing an orchestra for a film score the Decca tree is the primary mic source, with additional...

session bass
replies: 12 views: 833
session bass 23rd March 2022

Hi all, A friend of mine works as interpreter, mostly at home. She listens to zoom meetings with headphones and translates live....

nucelar
replies: 22 views: 1,810
iFi audio 22nd March 2022

My dear friends and brothers in arms, here I am to tell you that I still think that an upright bass is a pain in the...

Han
replies: 214 views: 57,688
hughshouse 18th March 2022

Why doesn't the Microtech Gefell M930 get more love around here? I've been mixing some string tracks recorded with this mic, and...

matyas
replies: 155 views: 46,669
Geoff Poulton 18th March 2022

Hey, folks. I'm working on mixing a quartet record (featuring two songs with Dave Weckyl and two songs with Mike Stern!!), and...

bgrotto
replies: 21 views: 3,390
M50k 18th March 2022

I'm would appear to need a bass spot mic for orchestral recordings. Right now were using a pair of Violet design Black Knights...

JonesH
replies: 49 views: 8,349
tourtelot 18th March 2022

I want to buy a pair of Sennheiser MKH 30s. Tired of "waiting" for the 8030, so I'm buying the 30. Actually...

dgpretzel
replies: 22 views: 1,500
dgpretzel 17th March 2022

Is anyone here working in immersive audio, whether for classical or other types of location recording/performance yet? There...

JCBigler
replies: 14 views: 1,652
RobAnderson 16th March 2022

the upcoming american-russian summit talks in geneva will not only bring another parade of civil servants and secret services,...

deedeeyeah
replies: 75 views: 3,980
kludgeaudio 15th March 2022

A new product from Orange Amps shows some niche promise, at least according to the sales description. Allowing one to hear via...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 470
studer58 15th March 2022

Hi all, How would you approach recording in a big church a 40p choir with small ensemble (vl, vl, va, vc, db, small portable...

Razahtlab
replies: 11 views: 916
Razahtlab 14th March 2022

In case you didn't see it: https://gearspace.com/board/new-product-alert/1367806-new-2022-model-schoeps-mstc-74-u.html It...

gearstudent
replies: 34 views: 3,168
rmaier 14th March 2022

Hi everyone, I know the subject has been somehow discussed here and there so sorry in case of repetition : I already own an...

Nicolastep
replies: 56 views: 2,666
David Spearritt 13th March 2022

This is the first time I’ve ever posted a recording/ mix I’ve done on this forum, but I’m proud of this project and time to...

mrufino1
replies: 8 views: 681
James Lehmann 12th March 2022

Not quite location recording, more in-house…but not a bad gig regardless ! Best Wishes to all applicants who saw it here...

studer58
replies: 39 views: 1,913
Jim Williams 11th March 2022

One of the groups I recorded for years just dropped off some CDs of projects I did years ago. They wanted some copies. I took...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 5 views: 613
Geoff Poulton 11th March 2022

hi, I already have a pair of Adam A7X and I am very happy with it. Now I would like to have a second pair of cheap speakers...

buscon
replies: 4 views: 623
buscon 11th March 2022

Hey all! I rarely post but enjoy reading this thread. I am engineering a session in a nice concert hall with a concert grand...

brndn
replies: 7 views: 599
brndn 11th March 2022

Hi, I am a classical musician fairly new to location recording. I have a number of recordings I am proud of, but a lot left to...

Jerhowe
replies: 23 views: 1,062
kludgeaudio 9th March 2022

I am preparing to list some of my back catalogue as downloads, Spotify or some such. I have a couple of questions if anyone can...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 9 views: 908
Geoff Poulton 7th March 2022

Recently I received a new master piece - a new generation among my "spherical violins" that brings a completely new...

ISedlacek
replies: 132 views: 16,340
Rumi 7th March 2022

I've been doing location recordings for a few years now, but only occasional orchestral and choral gigs; my bread and butter is...

Mineral Sound
replies: 36 views: 4,321
hughshouse 6th March 2022

Moderators