Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The Cavaillé-Coll organ in St.Ouen, Rouen (F) Use headphones please.

heva
replies: 15 views: 722
heva 3 weeks ago

Hi Gang, I have finally made another big band CD. Like the last one, from 2010, I had all of the musicians in the same room...

ajfarber
replies: 3 views: 507
M50k 4 weeks ago

Here are a few samples from my latest concert capture of a chamber orchestra with a Boojum/JNorman array. I thought they might be...

DCtoDaylight
replies: 127 views: 16,071
studer58 4 weeks ago

A link to the very recent Chopin piano competition won by this gentleman: BRUCE (XIAOYU) LIU ...... Congrats to all the...

RayS
replies: 12 views: 852
RayS 4 weeks ago

Some of you may have noticed that Rycote - esteemed makers of windshields and mic suspensions over the last 50 years - have just...

norfolksoundman9
replies: 9 views: 892
norfolksoundman9 4 weeks ago

I'm wondering if there are many, or any, whose main source of work is largely through recording your own productions. I do...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 102 views: 3,869
Orgeltonmeister 4 weeks ago

The title says it all. I though it was because of COVID-19 but I guess no one is having their recitals or concerts recorded...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 46 views: 1,977
jnorman 4 weeks ago

I'm curious about the differences in sound quality/color between the Schoeps MK2 and the MK21. Any advice would be much...

bove
replies: 27 views: 12,187
deedeeyeah 4 weeks ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 67 views: 7,331
mljung 4 weeks ago

Do you guys use a limiter or volume envelopes to control peaks during post processing? I have always used volume envelopes, but...

jnorman
replies: 11 views: 1,095
Sharp11 4 weeks ago

Just recorded a string quartet with 4 Schoeps Mk4 spot mics, and a spaced pair of Neumann U 87 ai in omni. The omni pair...

crimsonnoise
replies: 20 views: 1,038
Geoff Poulton 4 weeks ago

Hi y'all, I have a pair of Line Audio CM4 on the way and I'm planning on recording a chorus and chamber orchestra in a nice...

dhenriks
replies: 21 views: 1,221
voltronic 4 weeks ago

I'm exploring possibility to record a new organ near me and I obviously need to explore the space with my microphones. Because I...

Falcon1
replies: 11 views: 552
studer58 4 weeks ago

Thinking of getting a pair of those, mainly because i need the omni option. Otherwise I would have gone for the Josephsons...

mantovibe
replies: 79 views: 51,314
mantovibe 23rd October 2021

I saw an ad for an MKH8000 series mic and Sennheiser has three new mics listed on their website MKH 8020 (omni), 8040 (cardioid),...

Ken K
replies: 462 views: 87,540
surflounge 22nd October 2021

Hi All, I make a lot of recordings on location, mostly music ranging from classical / baroque / early music, up to modern...

SDunscombe
replies: 12 views: 540
studer58 20th October 2021

Many contributors here will be familiar with Richard King's book "Recording Orchestra and other Classical Music...

studer58
replies: 12 views: 1,111
Romeo Lee 20th October 2021

Hi folks! Im from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Im refloating a recording project, after this pandemic year. The idea is to make...

Juanibuqt
replies: 5 views: 511
sounddguy 18th October 2021

Hello Remote folks, Here’s my situation: I’m looking to add a versatile pair to my mic kit. Though I like vibey gear and...

alexevans917
replies: 98 views: 5,690
SDunscombe 17th October 2021

Hello, I will be recording a chamber orchestra in 5.1. I would like to use a decca tree. It’s not classical music, it’s...

HangArt
replies: 57 views: 3,142
DaveyJones 16th October 2021

I'd be interested in your thoughts on Straus Paket trial I made today at a baroque concert, with violin and cello. For those...

studer58
replies: 24 views: 1,677
Lucas_G 16th October 2021

I recently acquired a Milab VIP-50 and have only had few brief moments to test it out. So far I've only used it on acoustic...

mrbowes
replies: 15 views: 14,438
Jim Williams 15th October 2021

2 x MKH 30 on a tall C stand behind conductor 1 x MKH 40 next to conductor for soloists On a hot July evening with thunder in...

Rolo 46
replies: 53 views: 5,585
9sbean 14th October 2021

XII festival of ringing "Danilovskie bells". Live as it is, cloudy, rain, wind 12-15 m / s, no rehearsal, no sound...

hipporu
replies: 8 views: 726
hipporu 13th October 2021

I'm wondering if anyone has experience doing classical location recording with an AoIP system other than Merging Tech that they...

YoRumsfield
replies: 37 views: 2,150
deedeeyeah 13th October 2021

I am considering investing into another Schoeps pair to complement my CMC6Mk4 pair, but I am a little confused as to which I...

JGebauer
replies: 31 views: 1,938
ISedlacek 11th October 2021

I just got the test lacquers for my 'Bill Burr: 50, Live from Madison Square Garden' double vinyl comedy record that I'm...

Remoteness
replies: 13 views: 3,582
Remoteness 10th October 2021

Hello, all! After weighing the pros and cons in my last post about the Yamaha mixers, I've decided instead to go for the more...

tuba_noise
replies: 31 views: 2,576
cheeswolfenstein 8th October 2021

I’m doing a 2 hour session with a 33-piece ensemble and vocalist - 3 takes each of something like 20 separate short songs. ...

jnorman
replies: 29 views: 1,242
philper 8th October 2021

I’m recording in a hotel room. Building a quick rig to get some work done. Best efforts because of sudden travel. Mostly...

PhilB
replies: 1 views: 506
studer58 7th October 2021

Hi folks, Currently flummoxed by the Active vs Passive DI Box choice for the following requirement… Whilst recording...

Markam
replies: 2 views: 389
deedeeyeah 5th October 2021

Hi! Can anyone help with some suggestions for high quality livestreaming outdoors? I have two set ups each with their flaws. 1....

Chris_G
replies: 0 views: 392
Chris_G 5th October 2021

Hi, I am recording a weekly concert series in a resonant church. It's all solo piano and the instrument is a beautifully...

MattG1987
replies: 26 views: 1,199
deedeeyeah 4th October 2021

Hi all, In two weeks I am doing a recording session with an excellent vocal folk quartet with tight harmonies The recording...

Folkie
replies: 12 views: 695
Folkie 4th October 2021

Hi! Anyone had a chance to compare the new schoeps cmc1 preamp with a cmc6 preamp on classical recordings? Do the new cmc1 sound...

Eirik
replies: 12 views: 4,117
ruby06 4th October 2021

Hi! I got this contemporary classical recording that im trying to mix in Logic. It has 6 tracks of choir (SSA), the piano track...

elacarcel
replies: 2 views: 621
Learning Tofly 4th October 2021

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 296 views: 22,017
M50k 3rd October 2021

The B&K 4164 stood model for the DPA 4040 Aniversary and the DPA4041. It was also prototype for the B&K 4179. It has...

Orgeltonmeister
replies: 20 views: 1,454
tailspn 1st October 2021

Hey, all. Finally back to recording our local symphony's concerts, and the next performance includes a couple movements from the...

seanmccoy
replies: 9 views: 633
tourtelot 1st October 2021

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and and new to the world of audio recording. This forum was recommended to me over in...

Akagi
replies: 22 views: 1,212
deedeeyeah 30th September 2021

As well as an Anniversary version of the DC-196 designed to instantly win the hearts of video teams at location recordings...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 573
Mattias_Milab 30th September 2021

Looks like Merging has formed a partnership with Sonarworks to bring room and headphone correction to the Anubis. Merging just...

bwanajim
replies: 3 views: 688
brhoward 29th September 2021

I'm in the market for a professional portable audio recorder - I have pretty high end professional gear (Bricastis, Massive...

Pickett
replies: 25 views: 1,576
bmdaugherty 29th September 2021

Here's a curiosity question. I think I have fairly decent idea how the interference tube on a shotgun mic works. There is a good...

connloyalist
replies: 2 views: 429
Orgeltonmeister 28th September 2021

I wasn't sure of the angles of the microphones - is the middle pair 110º and the end pair 45º? omni's left and right at...

Pickett
replies: 97 views: 3,921
M50k 26th September 2021

How would you record a small (one actress) theater play audio-wise? ORTF? On person mics is out of the question, and this is...

JGebauer
replies: 13 views: 650
kludgeaudio 26th September 2021

As the title says, I would be interested in hearing the unconventional or perhaps just plain weird microphone setups you have...

connloyalist
replies: 21 views: 961
deedeeyeah 25th September 2021

I realize that with my renewed interest in audio recording I am posting a lot of topics. If that is tiresome, my apologies. See...

connloyalist
replies: 52 views: 1,853
kludgeaudio 24th September 2021

With 5 double bass’ in a single line (not ranked), how would you approach miking these: a single or pair of section mics,...

studer58
replies: 13 views: 758
studer58 24th September 2021

I need to up my game on video lighting. Currently just using a single led panel which is too small, too concentrated and too...

jnorman
replies: 32 views: 1,937
robcameron 24th September 2021

Moderators