Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello! I record mainly flute or violin with/without piano in a variety of room going from my bedroom to big auditorium. And I...

Suquet.fo
replies: 17 views: 1,186
voltronic 3 weeks ago

To All, Nothing important to tell except that over and over again carrying around the Nagra VI with me on each recording gig...

Gaston69
replies: 25 views: 1,399
nat8808 3 weeks ago

Hi, My house has very thin walls and I can't wear headphones because of hearing damage. (ringing in the ears gets absolutely...

Radiussound
replies: 14 views: 583
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

When choosing a location for, say, a classical chamber music recording (ie string quartet, not brass quintet), what kind of noise...

JGebauer
replies: 1 views: 364
studer58 3 weeks ago

As I have written a few times before, I consider the creation of appropriate reverb space for recordings made in less-than-ideal...

jnorman
replies: 48 views: 6,952
jnorman 4 weeks ago

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my reverb, and since I saw that Emil Berliner uses a Lexicon 480L, of course I figured I needed...

LarryS
replies: 4 views: 426
LarryS 4 weeks ago

Hi, I finished 3 sessions and realized I accidentally had one of my main-pair mics in cardioid mode with the other in omni. It...

LarryS
replies: 11 views: 654
LarryS 4 weeks ago

I am the volunteer to be videographer for my daughter's high school bands, which includes marching bound and concert band. I'd...

HDClown
replies: 3 views: 326
2manyrocks 4 weeks ago

Does anyone here use KEF speakers for monitoring? I have a friend who has a pair of the floor-standing models (R series) and I...

philper
replies: 26 views: 4,490
kirkus 4 weeks ago

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 642 views: 127,209
kontrabass888 4 weeks ago

Do you have some good experience with some recording techniques, mics placement etc. resulting in full, sweet, resonating sound...

ISedlacek
replies: 81 views: 7,594
markblockjzz 4 weeks ago

Okay, I get the idea of the tymp spot; the sound of the mallet hitting the head, the presence of the drum and all. I recorded...

tourtelot
replies: 37 views: 3,580
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,427 views: 55,819
philper 4 weeks ago

My recording biz is now housed in a small 120 seat theatre. I use the space for tracking projects when no shows or plays are on....

BruceB
replies: 16 views: 547
Remoteness 4 weeks ago

This is something I have never really solved: Oftentimes when recording a live concert, the mics are quite close to the...

JGebauer
replies: 25 views: 903
joelpatterson 4 weeks ago

Hi all! I’m here with a question, since I’m not able to take a decision… I record classical music (usually small...

Liutista
replies: 25 views: 994
didier.brest 21st August 2021

See MixPre-10M Sounds like a musician-oriented version of the MixPre-10; they'll also offer a "musician plugin" for...

bradh
replies: 371 views: 34,190
ardis 18th August 2021

Hello, is there a reason why the Sound Device mixpre 10m would not be appropriate for making multi-track recording of concerts? I...

Adagietto
replies: 13 views: 2,073
ardis 18th August 2021

Hi all, I'm involved with an indie film project where we have to film a musician singing and playing piano at the same time....

wileypoots
replies: 10 views: 896
coreyspencer 15th August 2021

Hi everyone :) I am actively searching for a field / portable recorder for music production and film music recording with...

paulst
replies: 6 views: 654
voltronic 14th August 2021

I auditioned a stereo pair of these for orchestral recording for reference. I loved the sound stage but it is also uneven in...

HelenaBzg
replies: 97 views: 16,264
tourtelot 14th August 2021

I've been doing a recording project for members of the string department faculty from our local University. So far we've done...

Ren Man
replies: 22 views: 14,504
Folkie 14th August 2021

Just wanna state for the record that I'm kinda shocked at how good this thing sounds. I mean, for the price I paid, I'd've just...

RobAnderson
replies: 6 views: 671
standingwave 13th August 2021

Situation: Live concert recording in a church (I don't know it, but I assume quite reverberant), baroque chamber music, with...

JGebauer
replies: 14 views: 669
king2070lplaya 13th August 2021

Hi everyone, I will be doing a location recording for a small 5-person chamber ensemble in the near future. The session will...

Cinematographer
replies: 18 views: 738
deedeeyeah 10th August 2021

So, you people using mics with rectangular capsules (Pearl & Milab et al), would you care to share your experiences with...

JonesH
replies: 134 views: 22,436
studer58 9th August 2021

A new Josephson C700S surround microphone has arrived and I will eventually post some three channel clips and stereo mixes. Other...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 112 views: 27,047
Klimermonk 7th August 2021

This is a terrific series of recordings from 1991 Warner Classics and I cannot figure out for the life of me what the...

springer
replies: 37 views: 1,610
Geoff Poulton 7th August 2021

Hello, Last weekend I recorded an organ in concert in a church with a pair of Schoeps MK 2H . It was a very big organ,...

Eric D
replies: 69 views: 4,667
dseetoo 6th August 2021

Hi, everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should charge as either a day rate or hourly rate for doing...

LoudNProud
replies: 7 views: 813
tourtelot 6th August 2021

I am looking at my calendar and I have at least seven days of work on it for July. Except for one day in January of 2021, I have...

tourtelot
replies: 21 views: 1,236
sounddguy 5th August 2021

A set of 6 videos made at a concert earlier this year. I used an equi-spaced LCR omni trio, suspended above the conductor ....you...

studer58
replies: 11 views: 595
k brown 4th August 2021

I guess this simply falls into the category of "incrementally better mousetrap"....anyway, a clever way to keep them in...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 824
kludgeaudio 3rd August 2021

Are there any alternatives to the Pearl DS70? Pearl DS70 What are the problems I will encounter if I placed musicians...

audiothings
replies: 12 views: 1,191
Gabriele 3rd August 2021

Session In a church, not studio. Recording session, not live. Singer is a tenor. This is a particular combination I have had...

k brown
replies: 71 views: 2,001
deedeeyeah 2nd August 2021

what's your take on things? what made you change/makes you stick to a specific approach/technique/gear? can you provide some...

deedeeyeah
replies: 34 views: 1,097
deedeeyeah 2nd August 2021

Dear gurus of GS, I'm a longtime lurker here and have nothing but appreciation for this community! I recently joined to become...

anearisanear
replies: 58 views: 1,461
k brown 30th July 2021

Good day, long post ahead! Sorry I'm a bit rusty as I haven't had any recording gigs for a long, long time... I'm a composer,...

Eris_Luna
replies: 10 views: 766
k brown 30th July 2021

Hello, all! So, I really want a recording solution in mixer form, and I furthermore want the ability to record at 96kHz. That...

tuba_noise
replies: 14 views: 690
deedeeyeah 30th July 2021

I'm looking for security stickers for my equipment, preferably metal foil or something sturdier than plastic. Something that I...

albinotuba
replies: 3 views: 1,464
factmrreports 30th July 2021

Here's a lovely performance that I enjoyed recording back in March: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu4d0ppAbBs I used the...

kirkus
replies: 0 views: 335
kirkus 29th July 2021

Good morning. I want to ask if anyone has experience recording solo grand piano with Ehrlund, Pearl and Thuresson microphones. or...

stage12
replies: 19 views: 1,934
brhoward 29th July 2021

Hi, I'm preparing to record myself (piano + baritone) in a few weeks singing Schumann. I've always used a single wide-cardioid...

bkazez
replies: 15 views: 676
k brown 27th July 2021

One item from the Gravity Stands new Traveller series might be of interest for both sessions and concerts. It's a lightweight...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 471
Brent Hahn 26th July 2021

To many Rudy Van Gelder is, the greatest recording engineer in jazz history. He was responsible for just about every session on...

Remoteness
replies: 179 views: 35,441
ElmoHope 25th July 2021

A stereo microphone ruler. Convenient to adjust microphone space and angle. NOS, ORTF, XY90, XY120, VR A, Gerzon stereo (5cm,...

9sbean
replies: 41 views: 2,266
9sbean 24th July 2021

I've ended up doing the sound for a number of (relatively low budget) documentary video projects and I'm looking to consolidate...

aelita
replies: 8 views: 489
Doubledark 23rd July 2021

My little amateur corner of the recording/video world is a collection of YouTube videos of Hawaiian music, especially slack key...

Fran Guidry
replies: 16 views: 555
celticrogues 23rd July 2021

I recently went way over my head and took on a remote gig that led me to some pro level gear. Full disclaimer, I am an organist...

wileypoots
replies: 10 views: 638
Folkie 22nd July 2021

as mentioned before/elsewhere, i'm still* in the process of re-arrranging my considerable collection of (mostly digital) rack...

deedeeyeah
replies: 0 views: 335
deedeeyeah 22nd July 2021

Moderators