Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 442 views: 257,520
Remoteness 18th August 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 315 views: 250,462
rmx16 3rd March 2021

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 20,617
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 24,308
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 121,891
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 24,183
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Hello, I will be recording a chamber orchestra in 5.1. I would like to use a decca tree. It’s not classical music, it’s...

HangArt
replies: 27 views: 978
gearstudent 12 minutes ago

I'm in the market for a professional portable audio recorder - I have pretty high end professional gear (Bricastis, Massive...

Pickett
replies: 16 views: 662
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

I wasn't sure of the angles of the microphones - is the middle pair 110º and the end pair 45º? omni's left and right at...

Pickett
replies: 97 views: 3,294
k brown 9 hours ago

How would you record a small (one actress) theater play audio-wise? ORTF? On person mics is out of the question, and this is...

JGebauer
replies: 13 views: 278
kludgeaudio 9 hours ago

The B&K 4164 stood model for the DPA 4040 Aniversary and the DPA4041. It was also prototype for the B&K 4179. It has...

Orgeltonmeister
replies: 11 views: 611
Orgeltonmeister 9 hours ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 291 views: 20,502
kludgeaudio 9 hours ago

Outdoors and not a bad recording... FWIW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BojXCyS-bNY It reminds me of a recording I did of a...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 7 views: 441
Geoff Poulton 1 day ago

As the title says, I would be interested in hearing the unconventional or perhaps just plain weird microphone setups you have...

connloyalist
replies: 21 views: 603
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

I'm wondering if anyone has experience doing classical location recording with an AoIP system other than Merging Tech that they...

YoRumsfield
replies: 14 views: 803
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

I realize that with my renewed interest in audio recording I am posting a lot of topics. If that is tiresome, my apologies. See...

connloyalist
replies: 52 views: 1,372
kludgeaudio 2 days ago

With 5 double bass’ in a single line (not ranked), how would you approach miking these: a single or pair of section mics,...

studer58
replies: 13 views: 434
studer58 2 days ago

I need to up my game on video lighting. Currently just using a single led panel which is too small, too concentrated and too...

jnorman
replies: 32 views: 1,602
robcameron 2 days ago

Has anyone here used an R122 as a spot on flute and/or clarinet? If so, I'd love to hear some samples. I can't find much of...

Cinematographer
replies: 2 views: 282
jnorman 2 days ago

Following the recent thread on some general lighting options for video I would love to know what the pros here would light a...

tessitura
replies: 14 views: 488
2manyrocks 3 days ago

Lately I have been trying to get a picture of AKG's naming conventions, and especially with respect to the old/original C451 with...

connloyalist
replies: 6 views: 223
boombapdame 3 days ago

As in: "Pinch me, am I really here, and recording this magic?"

k brown
replies: 19 views: 665
RobAnderson 4 days ago

The title says it all. I though it was because of COVID-19 but I guess no one is having their recitals or concerts recorded...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 44 views: 1,315
Fuzzy Logic 4 days ago

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and and new to the world of audio recording. This forum was recommended to me over in...

Akagi
replies: 8 views: 467
James Lehmann 4 days ago

Good morning. I am an organist (and also a little audiophile...) and I want to buy equipment to properly record pipe organ in...

Organist
replies: 216 views: 13,190
studer58 5 days ago

I'm pretty sure the new Decca book didn't mention this, and since i missed the Analog recording days completely I'm not...

Pickett
replies: 165 views: 6,923
deedeeyeah 5 days ago
replies: - views: -
usernew 5 days ago

Hello, all! After weighing the pros and cons in my last post about the Yamaha mixers, I've decided instead to go for the more...

tuba_noise
replies: 30 views: 1,779
Hook of 1 week ago

I'm in no way qualified to comment on this, the clip just popped up in a video discussion...

Fran Guidry
replies: 18 views: 4,295
Orgeltonmeister 1 week ago

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 99 views: 15,314
torpor 1 week ago

A great read. Go to page 20: https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-DB-Magazine/80s/DB-1983-01.pdf

NathanBarley
replies: 5 views: 418
studer58 1 week ago

In the recent $30k mic test session, my particular favorite was the Royer sf12, even over my own Schoeps mk4s and mk2s. I am...

jnorman
replies: 22 views: 5,408
studer58 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you the result of a little recording project that I recently did, during one of my...

Rajmund
replies: 14 views: 770
Rajmund 1 week ago

Hello everybody, I will record a concert tomorrow (harpe + singer). I plan to bring a couple or AEA N8's and to record in my...

Adagietto
replies: 15 views: 409
brhoward 1 week ago

Hello, all! I am a huge, unabashed fan of the Mountain Goats, and have been re-watching their live studio sessions from last...

tuba_noise
replies: 0 views: 184
tuba_noise 1 week ago

Planning to record in a rain forest: Im trying to decide which portable recorder is the better for record nature land scapes,...

Happ
replies: 13 views: 809
Rolo 46 1 week ago

I've attached the diagram which shows how to pan the LCR Tree + Two Outriggers. The question I have is: Is the top of this...

Pickett
replies: 1 views: 228
king2070lplaya 1 week ago

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with protecting a microphone against wind and rain outdoors... The application would...

SocietyOfMind
replies: 27 views: 1,496
kludgeaudio 1 week ago

I remember that in the past the Ambient ATE208 was sometimes mentioned as an option for a figure 8 mic. Perhaps this is very old...

connloyalist
replies: 1 views: 210
norfolksoundman9 1 week ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 57 views: 5,359
norfolksoundman9 1 week ago

Hi All, It's been so long since I posted in this forum that probably nobody even remembers me. The following is not a question,...

connloyalist
replies: 2 views: 318
connloyalist 1 week ago

Hi, I've searched but there is almost no mention of this mic to be found. Has anybody put it through it's paces yet?

Banjo
replies: 14 views: 12,482
camjstreet1 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and and new to the world of audio recording. Hope this is the right place to ask. I...

Akagi
replies: 0 views: 30
Akagi 1 week ago

I am helping an operatic soprano record demo songs for auditions. Auditions will be recorded in various places (auditoriums &...

tessitura
replies: 17 views: 3,871
camjstreet1 2 weeks ago

Is there a rule of thumb for EQing a recording that used only an ORTF setup with two Schoeps MK4 capsules? I realise I am very...

JGebauer
replies: 14 views: 882
Geoff Poulton 2 weeks ago

Hello all... I’m an FX editor with a D100 who occasionally records for fun so I don’t have much knowledge of the...

breaktheory
replies: 8 views: 414
coreyspencer 2 weeks ago

See more info here. https://www.steinberg.net/wavelab/new-features/ Lots of features that we ALL can use in editing. FWIW...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 4 views: 458
Tommy-boy 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I'm in search of ideas or solutions for shockmounting a Blumlein pair of Coles 4038. I am currently using the...

soundmonkey
replies: 41 views: 1,016
Rolo 46 2 weeks ago

So, I'm doing this portable 2 trk drum recording thing -1 large diaphragm overhead and 1 akg on the kick. I'm wanting to know if...

T.M.A.
replies: 20 views: 617
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

Aloha, I live in my camper which has a 12v solar setup and a step-up converter which can go up to 30v. I'm looking for a good...

firedolphin
replies: 1 views: 269
philper 2 weeks ago

I'm curious as to whether contributors here have personal experience with the Enhanced Audio mic support (M600) and mic stands...

studer58
replies: 17 views: 696
norfolksoundman9 2 weeks ago

I’m hoping some of you will be willing to respond to some/all of the following questions about doing edits on classical rep in...

YoRumsfield
replies: 15 views: 753
David Rick 2 weeks ago

hi everyone -- I'll soon be doing a gig (house mix plus record) for a worship service where the choir -- due to COVID...

sailor
replies: 30 views: 1,004
k brown 3 weeks ago

I was looking for a high quality 1 RU 8 channel pre+mixer and ran across this, from the APB company (former A+H and Crest guys):...

philper
replies: 14 views: 2,770
philper 3 weeks ago

These were announced with much fanfare last year. And they looked like an exciting new venture by Rode. Retailers have had them...

John Pk
replies: 81 views: 10,859
Filsaf 3 weeks ago

The July/August issue of "Resolution" magazine profiles my career and work at The Ravinia Festival. Check the goods...

Plush
replies: 177 views: 22,910
boombapdame 3 weeks ago

Moderators