Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 90 views: 126,474
M50k 4 days ago

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 258,891
JayTee4303 18th October 2021

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 442 views: 265,677
Remoteness 18th August 2021

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 23,672
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 27,418
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 27,195
Remoteness 6th May 2006

To All, Nothing important to tell except that over and over again carrying around the Nagra VI with me on each recording gig...

Gaston69
replies: 36 views: 2,015
Wavefront 50 minutes ago

Every so often, I find myself in a reverie-- stunned to realize how far I have come, how far humanity has come, in the quest to...

joelpatterson
replies: 48 views: 2,168
Chelie 3 hours ago

We're heading back to Cuba to record some new material and part of the project will be to do some "NPR Field...

bwanajim
replies: 103 views: 9,344
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

Hi! Christmas season is coming up, and many of us are probably busy doing choral recordings. What is your favorite recording...

knuttta
replies: 16 views: 523
M50k 4 hours ago

good journey to you, my highly respected mentor and free spirit!

deedeeyeah
replies: 8 views: 260
Dave_Ionic 7 hours ago

okay - somebody needs to straighten me out on this. when i read the definitions of free and diffuse fields, it has to do with...

jnorman
replies: 48 views: 23,813
kludgeaudio 1 day ago

Looking at these two units to use in a Dante network. Leaning towards the Grace because of the analog outs. Anyone run into any...

Sunshy
replies: 8 views: 474
studer58 1 day ago

I’m looking for setup suggestions for an upcoming recording session, using the gear I have. I’ve offered to do several...

Chuck_S
replies: 37 views: 2,139
Chuck_S 1 day ago

My pair of KSM141 arrived yesterday afternoon... thanks to the good folks (Bob Mondock, especially) at Sweetwater who took care...

hbphotoav
replies: 12 views: 742
Chuck_S 1 day ago

I'm not sure that simply angling the speakers inside the earcups counts as "carefully recreating the optimum triangular...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 174
studer58 2 days ago

This mic is often compared with KM84. ok. But all I see is about close or mid-distant miking for overheads, guitar etc. what I...

mathieujm
replies: 147 views: 55,306
rovingbovine 3 days ago

As I have written a few times before, I consider the creation of appropriate reverb space for recordings made in less-than-ideal...

jnorman
replies: 69 views: 9,068
nightchef 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
dseetoo 3 days ago

I want to look into recording some future live gigs that my band does, and I'd like to record them with multiple cameras so we an...

nksoloproject
replies: 97 views: 3,258
2manyrocks 4 days ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I am in need of some advice from all the amazing wealth of experience on this forum....

pianokeynut
replies: 11 views: 1,982
andersmv 6 days ago

Hi everyone! Got some great recording advice here in the past so I'm back again - this time with a fairly specific question on...

Cello94
replies: 4 views: 584
jnorman 1 week ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,504 views: 63,509
studer58 1 week ago

Since I've noticed several folks here are fans of Rens Heijnis and his Sonodore mics, I went looking around on his site and came...

voltronic
replies: 123 views: 16,591
glvpng 1 week ago

Hi! Does the old Neumann km 120 (with km100) and new kk120 (with km a) sound the same? I have one kk120 and can buy a km120...

knuttta
replies: 7 views: 446
emrr 1 week ago

Hey microphone lovers. I just happpened to find this (dpa-style) half-inch microphone, from...

mljung
replies: 7 views: 599
mljung 1 week ago

Sanken has released the new CMS-50, which is a mid side mic intended for on-camera use. The mid capsule is what they call a...

bwanajim
replies: 0 views: 297
bwanajim 1 week ago

Yes....it looks like we'll soon get 8 hours of 1969 Beatles sessions, to be followed by Jackson's 18 hour mammoth Director's Cut...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 415
Folkie 1 week ago

I have a DPA 4060 with a DAD6034 connector(Sennheiser EW Series) But I need a wireless transmitter or a small recorder and I’m...

JohanRG
replies: 7 views: 516
norfolksoundman9 1 week ago

Almost bought the DPA 5100 "bike seat" all in one 5.1 mic... Then realized I'd likely prefer spaced individual mics...

ampedclassical
replies: 25 views: 1,725
David Rick 1 week ago

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-77sjOWCkQ FWIW

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 6 views: 901
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

I'm pretty sure the new Decca book didn't mention this, and since i missed the Analog recording days completely I'm not...

Pickett
replies: 166 views: 8,216
fred2bern 2 weeks ago

I'm about to re-invest some cash from a sale of asset, and I'd like a reality check. One of my Gefell M296 omnis has developed a...

hbphotoav
replies: 17 views: 855
hbphotoav 2 weeks ago

Is anyone here using this specific model? I've seen some clearly well-deserved praise and heard some nice samples from...

Deleted 141eef3
replies: 19 views: 2,517
mljung 2 weeks ago

I am looking for advice before doing a small recording project. I haven't done this kind of recording before basically. I am...

composerguy78
replies: 24 views: 914
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you the result of a little recording project that I recently did, during one of my...

Rajmund
replies: 17 views: 1,487
Rajmund 2 weeks ago

3x Telefunken/Schoeps M201 omnis spread across the front of the stage, no spot mics. Recorded to 3 track (and simultaneously mono...

studer58
replies: 26 views: 2,876
king2070lplaya 2 weeks ago

I stumbled across this interview today, a bit embarrassed it took me so long to find it! I hope you will find it as...

king2070lplaya
replies: 18 views: 838
M50k 2 weeks ago

When hughshouse is right, he's right... sometimes you get a situation where the right number of mics is one. Gene Williams has...

Brent Hahn
replies: 22 views: 1,393
Yannick 2 weeks ago

I'm looking for books that illustrate the sound dispersion / radiation patterns of various instruments. I've seen a few...

Chuck_S
replies: 4 views: 509
David Rick 2 weeks ago

Hi there, I'm after a bit of advice. How would you approach recording a concert with several (13 to be exact) different...

Flukes
replies: 8 views: 1,350
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hello Fellow Recording enthusiasts, We recently moved to another house where I use Bay Window / Sun lounge (2m x 4m) for...

Gaston69
replies: 22 views: 2,066
mcgilroy 2 weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the new US assembled Vanguard Audio Labs V44S stereo mic ? YouTube V44S...

studer58
replies: 12 views: 4,200
andersmv 3 weeks ago

Here's a small examples of recording which I did in my church the other day with my Neumann Km-183 and Rode M5. I'm using Zoom...

Falcon1
replies: 5 views: 740
Falcon1 3 weeks ago

I've been reading this thread and it got me thinking about the reasons to use a pressure sphere on an omni. Anyone answer some...

Bruce Watson
replies: 104 views: 13,230
M50k 3 weeks ago

I will record some solo violin (period instrument with gut strings) next month and am wondering about the best mic setup. The...

JGebauer
replies: 60 views: 2,644
JGebauer 3 weeks ago

I've been playing around of late with a variation on double mid-side recording, but with the two mid mics both facing forward....

norfolksoundman9
replies: 37 views: 1,269
dseetoo 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, What would you use as ambience/crowd mics and where would you put them for the recording of a large arena concert...

Calypso
replies: 5 views: 713
adam miller 3 weeks ago

Hey Music & Sound Makers, Just a quick FYI. It’s been driving me nuts that, on occasion, when I’ve got nothing else to...

YRLK
replies: 0 views: 449
YRLK 3 weeks ago

I'd like to try MS recording. I have some 8040s. I also have some ribbon figure 8s, but no SDC figure 8. What is the current...

dgpretzel
replies: 8 views: 1,262
studer58 3 weeks ago

When I purchased my sE Voodoo VR2 ribbon mics they came in an elegant silk/satin bag with a drawstring...see pics below I...

studer58
replies: 7 views: 750
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Hey, all. I've recorded lots of concertos and lots of clarinet in studio, but never a clarinet concerto. This soloist will...

seanmccoy
replies: 10 views: 789
Doubledark 4 weeks ago

Hi! Nest week I will be recording a male choir of about 30 singers in a wonderful sounding space (see attached photo). I have...

knuttta
replies: 33 views: 1,380
M50k 4 weeks ago

Here's another one of those "How would you approach this project?" threads. bumpkin For my first post-lockdown remote...

James Lehmann
replies: 64 views: 3,043
kludgeaudio 4 weeks ago

Transparent sound and preamps are nice , but sometimes a kind of "thick" sweetness can be welcome too (like for some...

ISedlacek
replies: 159 views: 15,418
JMoss1 4 weeks ago

See the press release here: https://www.sounddevices.com/sound-devices-joins-audiotonix-group/

bradh
replies: 29 views: 2,140
Remoteness 4 weeks ago

Moderators