The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
, ,

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 17 views: 41,568
Remoteness 6 days ago

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 445 views: 303,667
Remoteness 24th June 2022

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 38,085
providenciae 10th January 2022

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 90 views: 152,056
M50k 2nd December 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 296,014
JayTee4303 18th October 2021

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 41,045
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Open question to Steve: I cannot understand why some of my recent threads have been moved to certain sub-forums. I have been...

voltronic
replies: 74 views: 1,623
Remoteness 3 hours ago

I've been taking Japanese Taiko drumming evening classes for a couple of years now, so of course my curiosity has reached tipping...

James Lehmann
replies: 71 views: 1,841
James Lehmann 6 hours ago

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy being part of this forum - so much info and incredible people to interact with. I know it...

jnorman
replies: 18 views: 763
brhoward 10 hours ago

We're so far out, we're on our way back! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pjMfP-KK9o&t=19s

Remoteness
replies: 9 views: 249
12ax7 1 day ago

The first time I got to work with Jon Batiste was in 2010 when I captured his jazz big band sets at the Blue Note Jazz Club in...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 98
Remoteness 1 day ago

Chicago Grammy Power Chicago engineer and groups give good showing with Grammy Wins. Charlie Post wins for Best Engineered...

Plush
replies: 1 views: 169
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

Plenty of ‘location recordings’ to be featured in this upcoming (Dec 1st) time-capsule documentary from 5 decades ago…LSO...

studer58
replies: 8 views: 590
Fuzzy Logic 2 days ago

I'm sure every new concert hall has it's fair share of acoustic consultancy and control built into the design...but this hall in...

studer58
replies: 94 views: 3,899
kludgeaudio 2 days ago

Ultra nerd, Dave Rat had a discussion with ChatGPT and in the end felt accomplished... daverat What does XLR stand...

Remoteness
replies: 8 views: 319
studer58 2 days ago

I'm in my second semester of taking music theory and musicianship at my local community college. I'm fast approaching...

Alan H
replies: 10 views: 293
Snorktop 3 days ago

Hi! In April am doing a recording of a singer and pianist who are doing modern songs and songs by Zemlinksy and Messiaen....

knuttta
replies: 16 views: 313
kludgeaudio 3 days ago

I recently posted something in the "So Much Gear..." that I originally intended to post here, because I have long...

wildplum
replies: 16 views: 482
Remoteness 4 days ago

Since Remote Location Recording now-a-days always has a video element, alot of the time, seems like the questions and concerns of...

joelpatterson
replies: 20 views: 762
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi There, Does anyone have any good book recommendations for live mixing or just audio visual in general. I have been looking...

mcarivalis
replies: 5 views: 200
ronmac 1 week ago

I'm trying to select a Great DAW for Editing classical music... and would love some advice. I've been using ProTools, but...

bove
replies: 387 views: 41,163
Plush 1 week ago

I'd wager this is one o' those feelings that lurks underneath pretty much every surface... it's perfectly obvious that music has...

joelpatterson
replies: 33 views: 910
nightchef 1 week ago

For the last few decades there has been a trend in concert hall construction to move the stage forward and put seating in back...

Phil Cibley
replies: 9 views: 297
DaveyJones 2 weeks ago

Below is a link to my recording of one of the songs from a recent Advent Concert performed by a local high school choir. For...

Chuck_S
replies: 6 views: 245
Chuck_S 2 weeks ago

Hi! Recording this organ. Would you centre the mikes on the organ or would a slap back from the left wall worry you? And would...

knuttta
replies: 9 views: 438
voltronic 2 weeks ago

Anybody out there recall all of the live broadcasts from WPIX-FM (mid-1978 to early 1980)? They started a series of...

wpixfm
replies: 63 views: 23,765
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

I have only Oktava MK-319 and MK-220 now that when set to cardioid make a cool (proven) stereopair. What approach would you...

DAH
replies: 3 views: 144
jnorman 2 weeks ago

Is anyone here working in immersive audio, whether for classical or other types of location recording/performance yet? There...

JCBigler
replies: 25 views: 2,702
Timbone 2 weeks ago

I am looking for mic positioning/configurations and any other advice to record a large classical choir concert in a church. I...

composerguy78
replies: 41 views: 1,488
voltronic 2 weeks ago

Many here would know that A D Blumlein held the patent for numerous stereo recording and encoding methods, disc cutting, etc....

studer58
replies: 4 views: 248
studer58 2 weeks ago

Hello, I’m brand new to the forum, and this is my first post so please have mercy :) I’m a full-time professional oboist...

Oboeshawn
replies: 29 views: 1,684
jimjazzdad 2 weeks ago

The Cavaillé-Coll organ in St.Ouen, Rouen (F) Use headphones please.

heva
replies: 17 views: 1,165
voltronic 3 weeks ago

We all know the feeling-- you look back at the gear of your formative days and shudder at the primitive, barbaric frequency...

joelpatterson
replies: 13 views: 648
joelpatterson 3 weeks ago

Not to ruffle any feathers but... If you don't know how to do a recording of a choir or organ or small ensemble or whatever a)...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 125 views: 4,423
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

This is the newest recording I've done. The group is my symphony's woodwind quintet, myself playing "engineer" and...

Alan H
replies: 1 views: 216
rcamprodon 3 weeks ago

It just occurred to me that nobody really commented on the fact that TF used Blumlein as the spot mic for the K622 Mozart...

M50k
replies: 48 views: 1,207
Plush 3 weeks ago

Ted Heath, recorded before invited audience, one in 1958, the other in...

M50k
replies: 4 views: 298
studer58 3 weeks ago

Hi just wondering if anyone else besides me is into the ECM label, and particularly engineers Jan Erik Kongshaug, and Martin...

zarembo
replies: 167 views: 36,013
Wavefront 3 weeks ago

the upcoming american-russian summit talks in geneva will not only bring another parade of civil servants and secret services,...

deedeeyeah
replies: 82 views: 4,734
Scragend 4 weeks ago

I'm working on some pieces that I recorded recorded within pickup range of an HVAC system. Mics picked up a lot of hvac noise. ...

Tommy-boy
replies: 7 views: 493
David Spearritt 4 weeks ago

Hi there, I'd like to invite especially all recordists with multimic/multichannel setups to this...

Hannes_F
replies: 23 views: 1,625
Hannes_F 4 weeks ago

Dear forum members, Recently, I recorded a baroque concert in which I was playing myself (chest organ), so only 2 microphones...

apotheosis
replies: 14 views: 2,113
studer58 1st January 2023

Happy New Year to my fellow Remotester GSpacers…..may 2023 bring you fulfilment, and some of the best location recordings...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 233
bremusound 1st January 2023

Mic Choices for Noisy/Punk/Free Jazz I think it's interesting to see other peoples take on mic choices. Tell me what you'd do...

brhoward
replies: 7 views: 471
kludgeaudio 29th December 2022

This is a lot of fun, you can eavesdrop on an orchestral session, check out their mic collection and see the control rooms and...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 1,152
studer58 27th December 2022

Hi there, not sure this is the correct sub-forum for this, so mods please move if necessary. Recently I had the pleasure of...

Hannes_F
replies: 0 views: 166
Hannes_F 21st December 2022

Anyone going to the AES show this month? Looking things over it seems like Joshua Reiss and I are going to be the only people...

kludgeaudio
replies: 48 views: 2,407
iFi audio 19th December 2022

Of course we always expect exemplary video and audio for the All of Bach (Netherlands Bach Society) series...and this latest...

studer58
replies: 15 views: 1,054
jimjazzdad 19th December 2022

So I have recently landed what will be the best gig of my career as recording engineer for a local science college. This entails...

UDig
replies: 30 views: 2,420
GeneHall 18th December 2022

I did a gig about a year ago and it was of a fairly famous string quartet. It was a radio broadcast and recording. The room they...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 312 views: 35,782
Remoteness 14th December 2022

Hello friends! A few weeks ago, I was considering taking my pair of OC818s to Cuba for our recent recording project. As you...

bwanajim
replies: 29 views: 1,159
Lucas_G 13th December 2022

I do not suppose that multi-camera auditions would even be accepted, anywhere at any time by anyone. I get the concept of why...

joelpatterson
replies: 37 views: 1,400
studer58 9th December 2022

Bit of a recurring problem I have when I mix live recordings is that the crowd often sounds much smaller than it was. I don't...

tgs
replies: 19 views: 807
wildplum 7th December 2022

I'm reading with interest a thread where a number of us recount issues with videographers or administrators, where a recording is...

Alan H
replies: 29 views: 1,363
joeq 7th December 2022

When recording a good calibre amateur choir in a large church or cathedral with organ accompaniment, do you typically add...

studer58
replies: 8 views: 330
knuttta 6th December 2022

O

Hi, I am looking for advice on expanding the number of mic inputs and getting great result recording classical, mostly violin...

my_land
replies: 23 views: 831
tessitura 6th December 2022

Moderators