Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 442 views: 259,806
Remoteness 18th August 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 315 views: 252,702
rmx16 3rd March 2021

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 21,483
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 25,160
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 123,154
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 25,031
Remoteness 6th May 2006

See the press release here: https://www.sounddevices.com/sound-devices-joins-audiotonix-group/

bradh
replies: 12 views: 483
[email protected] 7 hours ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,466 views: 59,166
joelpatterson 15 hours ago

I'm wondering if there are many, or any, whose main source of work is largely through recording your own productions. I do...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 90 views: 2,396
deedeeyeah 15 hours ago

I’m looking for setup suggestions for an upcoming recording session, using the gear I have. I’ve offered to do several...

Chuck_S
replies: 16 views: 581
Rolo 46 16 hours ago

Some of you may have noticed that Rycote - esteemed makers of windshields and mic suspensions over the last 50 years - have just...

norfolksoundman9
replies: 5 views: 252
norfolksoundman9 16 hours ago

I recently acquired a Milab VIP-50 and have only had few brief moments to test it out. So far I've only used it on acoustic...

mrbowes
replies: 15 views: 14,120
Jim Williams 16 hours ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 62 views: 6,111
studer58 1 day ago

I'd be interested in your thoughts on Straus Paket trial I made today at a baroque concert, with violin and cello. For those...

studer58
replies: 22 views: 1,352
studer58 1 day ago

I'm curious about the differences in sound quality/color between the Schoeps MK2 and the MK21. Any advice would be much...

bove
replies: 13 views: 10,983
KStevens 1 day ago

12 saxes in a semicircle (see pic) makes it a.... dodecatet ? You bought it...you name it :lol: ! Pair of 9" (22cm)...

studer58
replies: 43 views: 1,413
mljung 1 day ago

2 x MKH 30 on a tall C stand behind conductor 1 x MKH 40 next to conductor for soloists On a hot July evening with thunder in...

Rolo 46
replies: 53 views: 5,259
9sbean 2 days ago

Do you guys use a limiter or volume envelopes to control peaks during post processing? I have always used volume envelopes, but...

jnorman
replies: 9 views: 555
Tommy-boy 2 days ago

XII festival of ringing "Danilovskie bells". Live as it is, cloudy, rain, wind 12-15 m / s, no rehearsal, no sound...

hipporu
replies: 8 views: 413
hipporu 2 days ago

Here are a few samples from my latest concert capture of a chamber orchestra with a Boojum/JNorman array. I thought they might be...

DCtoDaylight
replies: 121 views: 15,066
WinstonHernandes 2 days ago

Hi y'all, I have a pair of Line Audio CM4 on the way and I'm planning on recording a chorus and chamber orchestra in a nice...

dhenriks
replies: 15 views: 573
tessitura 2 days ago

I'm wondering if anyone has experience doing classical location recording with an AoIP system other than Merging Tech that they...

YoRumsfield
replies: 37 views: 1,766
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hello, I will be recording a chamber orchestra in 5.1. I would like to use a decca tree. It’s not classical music, it’s...

HangArt
replies: 56 views: 2,691
HangArt 4 days ago

I am considering investing into another Schoeps pair to complement my CMC6Mk4 pair, but I am a little confused as to which I...

JGebauer
replies: 31 views: 1,621
ISedlacek 5 days ago

I just got the test lacquers for my 'Bill Burr: 50, Live from Madison Square Garden' double vinyl comedy record that I'm...

Remoteness
replies: 13 views: 3,388
Remoteness 6 days ago
replies: - views: -
caleymw 6 days ago

Hello, all! After weighing the pros and cons in my last post about the Yamaha mixers, I've decided instead to go for the more...

tuba_noise
replies: 31 views: 2,229
cheeswolfenstein 1 week ago

I’m doing a 2 hour session with a 33-piece ensemble and vocalist - 3 takes each of something like 20 separate short songs. ...

jnorman
replies: 29 views: 1,061
philper 1 week ago
joelpatterson 1 week ago
Orgeltonmeister 1 week ago

I’m recording in a hotel room. Building a quick rig to get some work done. Best efforts because of sudden travel. Mostly...

PhilB
replies: 1 views: 248
studer58 1 week ago

Hi folks, Currently flummoxed by the Active vs Passive DI Box choice for the following requirement… Whilst recording...

Markam
replies: 2 views: 263
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi! Can anyone help with some suggestions for high quality livestreaming outdoors? I have two set ups each with their flaws. 1....

Chris_G
replies: 0 views: 266
Chris_G 1 week ago

Hi, I am recording a weekly concert series in a resonant church. It's all solo piano and the instrument is a beautifully...

MattG1987
replies: 26 views: 1,003
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hi all, In two weeks I am doing a recording session with an excellent vocal folk quartet with tight harmonies The recording...

Folkie
replies: 12 views: 575
Folkie 1 week ago

Thinking of getting a pair of those, mainly because i need the omni option. Otherwise I would have gone for the Josephsons...

mantovibe
replies: 68 views: 50,088
studer58 1 week ago

Hi! Anyone had a chance to compare the new schoeps cmc1 preamp with a cmc6 preamp on classical recordings? Do the new cmc1 sound...

Eirik
replies: 12 views: 3,866
ruby06 1 week ago

Hi! I got this contemporary classical recording that im trying to mix in Logic. It has 6 tracks of choir (SSA), the piano track...

elacarcel
replies: 2 views: 522
Learning Tofly 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 296 views: 21,374
k brown 1 week ago

The B&K 4164 stood model for the DPA 4040 Aniversary and the DPA4041. It was also prototype for the B&K 4179. It has...

Orgeltonmeister
replies: 20 views: 1,291
tailspn 2 weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the new US assembled Vanguard Audio Labs V44S stereo mic ? YouTube V44S...

studer58
replies: 11 views: 3,636
andersmv 2 weeks ago

Hey, all. Finally back to recording our local symphony's concerts, and the next performance includes a couple movements from the...

seanmccoy
replies: 9 views: 515
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and and new to the world of audio recording. This forum was recommended to me over in...

Akagi
replies: 22 views: 1,060
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

As well as an Anniversary version of the DC-196 designed to instantly win the hearts of video teams at location recordings...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 449
Mattias_Milab 2 weeks ago

Looks like Merging has formed a partnership with Sonarworks to bring room and headphone correction to the Anubis. Merging just...

bwanajim
replies: 3 views: 528
brhoward 2 weeks ago

I'm in the market for a professional portable audio recorder - I have pretty high end professional gear (Bricastis, Massive...

Pickett
replies: 25 views: 1,401
bmdaugherty 2 weeks ago

Here's a curiosity question. I think I have fairly decent idea how the interference tube on a shotgun mic works. There is a good...

connloyalist
replies: 2 views: 341
Orgeltonmeister 2 weeks ago

I wasn't sure of the angles of the microphones - is the middle pair 110º and the end pair 45º? omni's left and right at...

Pickett
replies: 97 views: 3,713
k brown 2 weeks ago

How would you record a small (one actress) theater play audio-wise? ORTF? On person mics is out of the question, and this is...

JGebauer
replies: 13 views: 569
kludgeaudio 2 weeks ago

As the title says, I would be interested in hearing the unconventional or perhaps just plain weird microphone setups you have...

connloyalist
replies: 21 views: 859
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I realize that with my renewed interest in audio recording I am posting a lot of topics. If that is tiresome, my apologies. See...

connloyalist
replies: 52 views: 1,689
kludgeaudio 3 weeks ago

With 5 double bass’ in a single line (not ranked), how would you approach miking these: a single or pair of section mics,...

studer58
replies: 13 views: 701
studer58 3 weeks ago

I need to up my game on video lighting. Currently just using a single led panel which is too small, too concentrated and too...

jnorman
replies: 32 views: 1,859
robcameron 3 weeks ago

Has anyone here used an R122 as a spot on flute and/or clarinet? If so, I'd love to hear some samples. I can't find much of...

Cinematographer
replies: 2 views: 521
jnorman 3 weeks ago

Following the recent thread on some general lighting options for video I would love to know what the pros here would light a...

tessitura
replies: 14 views: 725
2manyrocks 3 weeks ago

As in: "Pinch me, am I really here, and recording this magic?"

k brown
replies: 19 views: 913
RobAnderson 3 weeks ago

Moderators