The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
, , , ,

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 445 views: 295,014
Remoteness 24th June 2022

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 35,277
providenciae 10th January 2022

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 90 views: 146,503
M50k 2nd December 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 287,585
JayTee4303 18th October 2021

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 38,694
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 38,365
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Hi Slutz, Hopefully a pretty simple question, I've actually done this before a few times but wondered if there was anything...

GRiFF
replies: 33 views: 3,941
henryrobinett 7 minutes ago

I wasn't sure of the angles of the microphones - is the middle pair 110º and the end pair 45º? omni's left and right at...

Pickett
replies: 100 views: 4,694
M50k 40 minutes ago

Recorded at Hudson Hall, Salem with a single ORTF pair of KM184s. Jill Felber, flute, Dianne Frazer, piano performing Sonata,...

jnorman
replies: 6 views: 260
mathieujm 7 hours ago

I’ve been using the new pico Mic pros for film location capture. . I tried to plug-in the provided small adapter cable to...

skylab nj
replies: 0 views: 98
skylab nj 20 hours ago

Hi! Recording noobie here and have been asked to record a jazz quartet (live in a bar/restaurant) and looking for suggestions on...

Ladendroid
replies: 9 views: 375
Melgueil 20 hours ago

Tomorrow I will be doing an outdoor live recording with video plus PA ( no monitors) for a string quartet and oboe with string...

Folkie
replies: 5 views: 185
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Should someone be interested, here is our new scenic music video from the remote seashores of Western Australia (made yesterday...

ISedlacek
replies: 0 views: 102
ISedlacek 1 day ago

Whether you use, have heard of, or despise their products...Rode are a big player in the recording, broadcast, video and...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 223
jnorman 2 days ago

I'm pretty sure the new Decca book didn't mention this, and since i missed the Analog recording days completely I'm not...

Pickett
replies: 170 views: 10,153
Geoff Poulton 2 days ago

(Scroll down to the video) I'm leaving this here just for the wonderful observation, "That's the way God made...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 9 views: 688
Geoff Poulton 2 days ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,498 views: 70,921
dfghdhr 2 days ago

The great Claude Cellier has sold Merging Technologies (Pyramix) to Sennheiser. Neumann will now operate Merging. From the...

Plush
replies: 24 views: 2,838
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Ran across this - a quantec emulation reverb plugin from savant audio labs: https://savantaudiolabs.com/ I will DL the demo...

jnorman
replies: 11 views: 1,448
David Rick 3 days ago

I saw an ad for an MKH8000 series mic and Sennheiser has three new mics listed on their website MKH 8020 (omni), 8040 (cardioid),...

Ken K
replies: 469 views: 92,395
Britty 4 days ago

This is the most applicable forum for these so thanks for reading. I have a set of B & K APE (Acoustic Pressure Equalizer)...

John Moran
replies: 1 views: 242
studer58 4 days ago

I am wondering what others here do in the situation where a concert features several different ensembles. Here are two...

Early21
replies: 16 views: 626
David Rick 6 days ago

I'm about to mix 2 live albums for the first time, and was wondering if you guys have any tips that apply specifically to this...

denstrow
replies: 3 views: 363
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I’ve been reading up on the differences between high pass filters on a mic vs in post or on the recorder itself and the general...

AlecMichael
replies: 18 views: 400
AlecMichael 1 week ago

Here's a short sample of recent classical guitar recording with the Decca AB method, using an MKH8020 pair one metre from the...

studer58
replies: 33 views: 1,366
ronmac 1 week ago

Hi, I need to buy a piano to my recording studio. It can be upright piano, but I have enough space, so a bigger one is...

HangArt
replies: 87 views: 5,226
hbphotoav 1 week ago

It seem as if more and more people are posting their "efforts" at self recording on the WWW. Most of the time the...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 171 views: 9,014
boombapdame 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
tourtelot 1 week ago

Hi there. I am a complete nooh. I have a question. I own boss rc505 mk 2 (wich works as an audio interface) wich i run to my...

SpaceApe777
replies: 6 views: 643
alberomanchini 1 week ago

Hello, I'm wondering about miking a jazz grand piano in live context. I have great result with a set of dpa4061 with...

Nomadrecording
replies: 49 views: 2,927
shimoyjk 1 week ago

Hi all, I'm looking for a high quality stereo pair of mics to self record a solo wire strung Irish harp. Quite a different tone...

dixing_mesk
replies: 17 views: 584
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago
Chuck_S 1 week ago
JayTee4303 1 week ago
David Rick 1 week ago

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum. I am looking for a few answers with regards to how to record gongs. I know it's among the...

dxwolf
replies: 27 views: 4,827
JohnLRice 2 weeks ago

Hi guys :) Looking for some advice for a basic field/nature recording setup on a very low budget. I currently have a Tascam...

Konsider
replies: 19 views: 1,553
kevgarlic 2 weeks ago

Not much discussion about these interesting, if somewhat unorthodox mics. Having closed the door on trying to put together a...

pieter k
replies: 2 views: 1,619
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

besides my political activities (which are rather depressing at the moment...), i'll be busy for the next couple of months with a...

deedeeyeah
replies: 85 views: 5,033
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I will record some solo violin (period instrument with gut strings) next month and am wondering about the best mic setup. The...

JGebauer
replies: 79 views: 4,906
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Schoeps post a wood box picture of the latest product in facebook. Guess what is inside?...

9sbean
replies: 156 views: 25,890
dseetoo 2 weeks ago

Hello! I am a professional bell ringer and recently I have been trying to record high-quality bell ringing and broadcast ringing...

Oleg I.
replies: 49 views: 2,531
hipporu 2 weeks ago

Hello, SDC mics can get far better linearity than LDC. How do you guys view multi-pattern LDC mics for general...

gearstudent
replies: 32 views: 3,153
kludgeaudio 2 weeks ago

By and large, for a couple of reasons. One is the problem of trying to shoe-horn digital capabilities into existing analog...

panatrope
replies: 12 views: 3,940
nat8808 2 weeks ago

I was interested in trying out some new options for a Kick Out mic (not in the sub kick/moon mic realm). Thoughts on the...

BarefootDrummer
replies: 4 views: 1,021
bangbang 2 weeks ago

I want to look into recording some future live gigs that my band does, and I'd like to record them with multiple cameras so we an...

nksoloproject
replies: 101 views: 5,885
tparssin 2 weeks ago

Was struggling to find the right forum for this but as a longtime lurker I was hopeful someone on here might have a lead… I...

Kylearthurwall
replies: 0 views: 313
Kylearthurwall 2 weeks ago

There are many dimensions to location recording. For example, choice of mics, choice of mic "geometry", the hall, the...

dgpretzel
replies: 25 views: 1,268
M50k 2 weeks ago

I was fortunate to be able to try 5 separate mic arrays at a recent rehearsal of a baroque chamber ensemble, featuring 5...

studer58
replies: 41 views: 2,802
Geoff Poulton 3 weeks ago

Would it dispel the magic if we knew the techniques? Some people think so. Rudy Van Gelder, on ensuring that his knowledge...

Silver Sonya
replies: 122 views: 18,830
kneePlusUltra 3 weeks ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 79 views: 11,472
heva 3 weeks ago

The local chorale did a spring performance a few weeks ago which I recorded. I used the regular SD 788T at 24/48K. Samar was...

boojum
replies: 27 views: 2,472
jnorman 3 weeks ago

In my poring through this forum as well as other similar places, I keep reading about how good recordings can be done with...

Alan H
replies: 75 views: 2,796
Alan H 3 weeks ago
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

I wonder if somebody has experience with buying a second hand QUAD ESL 57 or 63 to use instead of normal nearfield monitors e.g....

monitor
replies: 81 views: 4,521
Rolo 46 4 weeks ago
replies: 66 views: 2,967
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

Reading between the lines of this article, prefacing the following development : "Netflix and Sennheiser have announced...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 483
studer58 4 weeks ago

Moderators