The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
, , ,

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 31,494
providenciae 10th January 2022

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 90 views: 140,052
M50k 2nd December 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 278,435
JayTee4303 18th October 2021

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 442 views: 285,414
Remoteness 18th August 2021

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 35,053
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 34,761
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Hi guys, I set my sight on purchasing two Extinct Audio BM9 ribbons with Triton fets upon some research. I would love to know...

my_land
replies: 17 views: 478
jimjazzdad 1 hour ago

Hey, when I started my mic-locker, I got a pair of Fatheads, 2 Kel HM-3C and (due to a package deal) 3 Kel HM-7U. By now I have...

PeerSoe
replies: 0 views: 21
PeerSoe 2 hours ago

Hey everybody, long time no see. Been busy with some other things, I hope you all are doing well! So I have an unorthodox...

Klimermonk
replies: 21 views: 756
didier.brest 7 hours ago

After a two year hiatus, I recently recorded a community chamber concert. I put up three pairs of microphones. Here are 2...

dgpretzel
replies: 20 views: 587
dgpretzel 10 hours ago

Pentatone Classics, the left over stub of Philips Classics Records, has been acquired by the San Francisco Conservatory of...

Plush
replies: 1 views: 188
king2070lplaya 23 hours ago

Would it dispel the magic if we knew the techniques? Some people think so. Rudy Van Gelder, on ensuring that his knowledge...

Silver Sonya
replies: 93 views: 15,759
seby 1 day ago

Hello everybody, I will record a concert tomorrow (harpe + singer). I plan to bring a couple or AEA N8's and to record in my...

Adagietto
replies: 21 views: 950
elrockers 1 day ago

Hi, sorry if this has been covered before, but has anyone tried much of using Jecklin and/or Schneider disks? I'm probably going...

BernieW
replies: 4 views: 582
BernieW 1 day ago

I always soothe my conscience (when any kind of, uh, "not the usual" post production is called for) by reminding myself...

joelpatterson
replies: 63 views: 1,036
Karloff70 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
bradh 3 days ago

By and large, for a couple of reasons. One is the problem of trying to shoe-horn digital capabilities into existing analog...

panatrope
replies: 8 views: 2,783
Plush 3 days ago

besides my political activities (which are rather depressing at the moment...), i'll be busy for the next couple of months with a...

deedeeyeah
replies: 43 views: 2,095
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hi and sorry if this question is one of those "google is your friend" questions. I really do try to research before...

rschlierbeck
replies: 94 views: 3,026
jimjazzdad 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
king2070lplaya 5 days ago

What are the ways of recording audio that makes it stretch beyond and outside the confines of the speakers, I'm hoping that...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 17 views: 698
Geoff Poulton 6 days ago

Omni mid side for choir: where would you place the mics and how would you point the the mics? I was thinking in front of...

knuttta
replies: 9 views: 714
surflounge 6 days ago

hello everyone. I need to record a one time live performance of an experimental choir. They will be positioned in a 20 meter wide...

andre tchmil
replies: 16 views: 960
Newmann 1 week ago

Hello. My background is in rock music production but I've recently started doing classical recordings. I'm not very experienced...

ajvsbd
replies: 93 views: 5,796
studer58 1 week ago

Hey there, No idea if this is of any interest here, but when I recorded the ECM Production "Puerta" by Jorge Rossy...

idee und klang
replies: 35 views: 2,390
idee und klang 1 week ago

Hello, I am a a harpsichord player and I want to get into recording! I own 2 Behringer B5 (SDC with chardiod and omni...

ray1243
replies: 15 views: 1,647
Geoff Poulton 1 week ago

Hello this is a bit of a weird question, but I have a small grand piano and would like to get more bass out of it. I have...

musicfield
replies: 34 views: 1,273
Co. 1 week ago

Does spectral editing do something that you can’t do with an equalizer? For example, a pianist taps her foot and creates...

jnorman
replies: 33 views: 1,731
kludgeaudio 1 week ago

I never cease to marvel at the wonders this modern world provides: in all aspects of remote recording and production, the...

joelpatterson
replies: 4 views: 795
tourtelot 1 week ago

This is just a tremendous concert in every respect and recently released on YouTube by ARTE for those of us who missed the live...

James Lehmann
replies: 33 views: 1,182
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Seriously considering purchase of Quantec 2492. Any experience using Yardsticks for classical production? Thanks in...

[email protected]
replies: 29 views: 4,573
Yawn 2 weeks ago

Hello, SDC mics can get far better linearity than LDC. How do you guys view multi-pattern LDC mics for general...

gearstudent
replies: 21 views: 1,687
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hi guys :) Looking for some advice for a basic field/nature recording setup on a very low budget. I currently have a Tascam...

Konsider
replies: 16 views: 745
norfolksoundman9 2 weeks ago

I currently have a pair of AKG C451B which are a bit noisy and also restrict me to X-Y being cardioid. I want some lower noise...

chelgrian
replies: 96 views: 5,575
PuebloAudio 2 weeks ago

Hi, I need to buy a piano to my recording studio. It can be upright piano, but I have enough space, so a bigger one is...

HangArt
replies: 80 views: 3,788
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, next month I will be recording an evening in a church with a local celebrity talking about historical facts...

puresounds
replies: 21 views: 2,005
dixiemcgahee57 2 weeks ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 68 views: 9,662
benoïde 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone! I've been doing audition recordings (soloist + piano) for opera masters students recently and up until now we've...

BigG022
replies: 9 views: 608
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I was fortunate to be able to try 5 separate mic arrays at a recent rehearsal of a baroque chamber ensemble, featuring 5...

studer58
replies: 39 views: 1,831
shosty 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I recorded a piano quintet recital of some friends and afterwards the pianist played a little something so I could...

shosty
replies: 27 views: 1,786
shosty 2 weeks ago

Last Friday, the 3rd of December we set up this relatively small rig for a live music performance capture at the most iconic...

Remoteness
replies: 85 views: 4,759
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone. I posted a question recently regarding portable recorders and the mixpre seems the most favoured by a...

jjmmuir
replies: 76 views: 10,936
rmx16 3 weeks ago

I wanted to revisit our previous signal chain discussions after recently rereading that great thread, and get into a little more...

jnorman
replies: 20 views: 1,838
GIACOMO-_ 3 weeks ago

How would I go about using a wireless system with the Oktava MK-012s? They're my backup mics for my MKH8050. By wireless system I...

Dohreetoh
replies: 2 views: 503
M50k 3 weeks ago

In times of Covid collaboration is not really possible... I really think about getting myself into remote recording and the...

Mat Deimann
replies: 8 views: 1,607
adelbabar 3 weeks ago

I admit it - I am a mic shoot-out junkie. I love it when forum members take the time to record multiple versions of music 'live...

jimjazzdad
replies: 19 views: 1,929
jimjazzdad 4 weeks ago

I recently recorded a friend’s trio (piano, violin, and cello). The recordings were made during one of their rehearsals in an...

Chuck_S
replies: 6 views: 1,062
Chuck_S 4 weeks ago
replies: 66 views: 3,788
bradh 4 weeks ago

About halfway in, to the right. I mean, there's no sound in space... ...right? What is that thingy? jkthtyrt

moshuajusic
replies: 2 views: 691
jnorman 4 weeks ago

I'm tired, ladies and gentlemen. Happy f'ing New Year. D.

tourtelot
replies: 26 views: 2,457
bifurcator 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 296 views: 25,049
studer58 18th April 2022

:lol:Recorded with a complete Decca Tree. I am interested in the LEFT/RIGHT balance. I went back and forth turning down the...

emenelton
replies: 76 views: 5,922
tourtelot 17th April 2022

It seems I keep referencing my beloved AR9 loudspeakers in discussions, real-life and online. I just dug up the facts/specs...

hbphotoav
replies: 20 views: 1,060
joelpatterson 16th April 2022

I just read this during some research on 16bit vs 24bit recording. Definitely some information I was not aware...

jnorman
replies: 11 views: 1,059
orange 15th April 2022

I will be recording a chamber concert in a few weeks. The ensembles will range in size form duets to an octet. Most will be 6...

dgpretzel
replies: 4 views: 756
dgpretzel 14th April 2022

Hello, on Saturday I'll perform in a theater and I'd like to record just for my archival purposes. There will be a huge amount of...

carpa
replies: 22 views: 1,278
kludgeaudio 10th April 2022

Moderators