Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 26,093
providenciae 2 weeks ago

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 90 views: 130,769
M50k 2nd December 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 265,021
JayTee4303 18th October 2021

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 442 views: 271,782
Remoteness 18th August 2021

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 29,728
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 29,483
Remoteness 6th May 2006

I currently have a pair of AKG C451B which are a bit noisy and also restrict me to X-Y being cardioid. I want some lower noise...

chelgrian
replies: 37 views: 1,038
didier.brest 6 minutes ago

Preferably, but not exclusive to current models.

M50k
replies: 41 views: 794
avillalta 1 hour ago

Hi everyone, I will be doing some solo piano recording in a resonant church and I wanted to get some ideas from all of you about...

MattG1987
replies: 25 views: 1,090
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

Hello, Last weekend I recorded an organ in concert in a church with a pair of Schoeps MK 2H . It was a very big organ,...

Eric D
replies: 72 views: 5,400
mathieujm 5 hours ago

Hello, from time to time I see discussions about how far should the distance of MS mics be, mono-compatibility of XY and AB...

Rajmund
replies: 4 views: 207
Rajmund 5 hours ago

So, you people using mics with rectangular capsules (Pearl & Milab et al), would you care to share your experiences with...

JonesH
replies: 138 views: 23,931
Wavefront 7 hours ago

Granted this is the best acoustic space in the West but i think its a very fair argument that Shawn Murphy is an undeniable...

Pickett
replies: 151 views: 9,730
dseetoo 21 hours ago

Hey guys, just wanted to ask who you think is the person in the industry with the most experience recording concerts with live...

kosmokrator
replies: 44 views: 1,320
deedeeyeah 22 hours ago
replies: - views: -
S.W.WhitbyAbbey 1 day ago

Hey Music & Sound Makers, Just a quick FYI. It’s been driving me nuts that, on occasion, when I’ve got nothing else to...

YRLK
replies: 10 views: 1,556
mrufino1 1 day ago

Hello. My background is in rock music production but I've recently started doing classical recordings. I'm not very experienced...

ajvsbd
replies: 68 views: 2,503
JGebauer 2 days ago

This extended video series of tutorials might interest those who are curious about how orchestral music is miked and reinforced...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 105
studer58 2 days ago

You may enjoy this short video on how the Australian national classical broadcaster typically records and edits public concerts....

studer58
replies: 0 views: 124
studer58 2 days ago

Hope this stays congruent with the sub's topic.. Would you have any tips, insights, 1st-hand experiences.. when it comes to...

snapmastering
replies: 5 views: 356
James Lehmann 2 days ago

As I have written a few times before, I consider the creation of appropriate reverb space for recordings made in less-than-ideal...

jnorman
replies: 196 views: 16,028
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hi all, I haven't seen much on here regarding the Warm Audio WA84, I got to demo them this past weekend and decided to post a...

lyrictenor1
replies: 3 views: 1,100
lyrictenor1 3 days ago

And then there was that day we set up $30,000 worth of mics… Good times.

jnorman
replies: 13 views: 733
Wavefront 4 days ago

I’m intending to purchase two or three of the Sonodore RCM-402 60V mics for location acoustic session recording. And I think...

RayHeath
replies: 73 views: 2,576
Plush 4 days ago

I want you to listen to the A & B samples first and tell me what you liked best, this thread is to let people hear the...

Gaston69
replies: 124 views: 68,450
M50k 5 days ago

Hello everyone. I'm going to travel a lot. I get a Rode NTR for myself, as this is the only ribbon microphone that has ribbon...

Yves Slaziett
replies: 25 views: 878
TonyF 5 days ago

I saw an ad for an MKH8000 series mic and Sennheiser has three new mics listed on their website MKH 8020 (omni), 8040 (cardioid),...

Ken K
replies: 468 views: 88,984
David Spearritt 5 days ago

I recently saw a very nicely recorded concert with an (to me) unusual set-up that looks like two spaced pairs on a suspended bar...

The Listener
replies: 30 views: 1,122
M50k 5 days ago

This enquiry is not to do with which microphones to use for recording violin and piano, but about the positioning of the players,...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 164 views: 13,549
apotheosis 6 days ago

Hi! Christmas season is coming up, and many of us are probably busy doing choral recordings. What is your favorite recording...

knuttta
replies: 30 views: 1,705
hughshouse 6 days ago

I'm tired, ladies and gentlemen. Happy f'ing New Year. D.

tourtelot
replies: 14 views: 1,120
bifurcator 6 days ago

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 661 views: 132,048
jpgerard 1 week ago

Hi! I have to mic a grand piano for a soloist that also sings for a video live session. Because of the video, the miking has to...

kokorosound
replies: 4 views: 302
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Looks like two pairs of Schoeps mics on classical guitar. Never seen this configuration before. What advantage is there in this...

Rob 28
replies: 18 views: 533
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I know, it is not the mic number but how you use it. However, it is now all I have, namely: a Korg MR-1000, a stereopair of...

DAH
replies: 63 views: 3,966
TEEspresso 1 week ago

Hello! I was shooting a scene for a student film not too long ago and I came across a nasty problem where I would have regular...

Svarogg123
replies: 1 views: 233
philper 1 week ago

The Fostex printed ribbon mics seemed to offer features which might be attractive to location recording engineers: robustness in...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 370
studer58 1 week ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,522 views: 66,736
Remoteness 1 week ago

Hallo everybody, I have been mixing ITB an recording vocalist for a while now and I want to take the next step and start...

Koschke
replies: 5 views: 448
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Why doesn't the Microtech Gefell M930 get more love around here? I've been mixing some string tracks recorded with this mic, and...

matyas
replies: 144 views: 42,701
seanmccoy 1 week ago

Hello all! First of all, thanks for your help -- I've found this forum incredibly insightful as I delve into the wonderful...

musicman84
replies: 53 views: 8,200
Nacho Libre 1 week ago

I have had my three C617s through COVID and finally got a chance to record with two of them; an Eastern Orthodox vocal...

tourtelot
replies: 12 views: 1,008
avebr 1 week ago

I am struggling with ensemble and mic placement for recording on a proscenium stage with a fairly large apron. The stage does NOT...

Mepps
replies: 5 views: 532
Rolo 46 1 week ago

Sharing this Video with you - nice mobile recording for Swiss Piano Player Jean-Paul Brodbeck with a minimal Setup. Most of the...

idee und klang
replies: 13 views: 821
idee und klang 1 week ago

In case you didn't see it: https://gearspace.com/board/new-product-alert/1367806-new-2022-model-schoeps-mstc-74-u.html It...

gearstudent
replies: 28 views: 2,067
studer58 1 week ago

I wanted to buy a tlm193 but then I remembered that neumann mic grill's are extra soft so that u bend them in easily. What if my...

Plautus
replies: 16 views: 739
jimjazzdad 1 week ago

I want to start doing some field recordings to use to make loops...these might be nature sounds, urban sounds, home sounds...in...

Giraffe2
replies: 1 views: 322
studer58 1 week ago

I might be finally upgrading my trusty TC studiokonnekt 48 this year and I am looking at Antelope Orion Studio Synergy or...

The Listener
replies: 2 views: 677
The Listener 1 week ago

I use Reaper on a MacBook Pro as a backup/playback recorder. I have always made it a practice to NEVER play back the master...

tourtelot
replies: 5 views: 800
tourtelot 1 week ago

TLM193

I've got a chance to get a good deal on neumann tlm 193. I'll get to test drive it this weekend but I'd like some feedback from...

Bernard
replies: 56 views: 8,769
pencilextremist 1 week ago

Like many of us I'm sure, videography is increasingly part of my expected service portfolio for on-location recording work. I...

Wavefront
replies: 37 views: 1,120
profondo 1 week ago

I know the differences between these positions and besides piano and drum over heads what do you guys use them on and why one...

skiroy
replies: 36 views: 19,393
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

If you've read Richard King's book "Recording Orchestra and Other Classical Music Ensembles"...

studer58
replies: 7 views: 684
M50k 2 weeks ago

Been thinking alot about Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" recording and Columbia's 30th street studio. There was an exhibit...

thethrillfactor
replies: 119 views: 29,867
lukpac 2 weeks ago

We discuss mics all the time, but don’t often go into the details of the rest of our signal chain to record and post process...

jnorman
replies: 32 views: 5,101
studer58 2 weeks ago

I had a chance to borrow a pair of MKH40 mics to record a simple "solo native flute" minimalist approach album with...

The Listener
replies: 6 views: 1,658
The Listener 2 weeks ago

Moderators