Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 442 views: 256,490
Remoteness 4 weeks ago

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 315 views: 249,440
rmx16 3rd March 2021

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 20,260
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 23,951
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 121,358
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 23,826
Remoteness 6th May 2006

The title says it all. I though it was because of COVID-19 but I guess no one is having their recitals or concerts recorded...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 21 views: 509
Thomas W. Bethe 40 minutes ago

Following the recent thread on some general lighting options for video I would love to know what the pros here would light a...

tessitura
replies: 4 views: 118
tessitura 46 minutes ago

I'm pretty sure the new Decca book didn't mention this, and since i missed the Analog recording days completely I'm not...

Pickett
replies: 122 views: 5,318
kludgeaudio 1 hour ago

I'm in no way qualified to comment on this, the clip just popped up in a video discussion...

Fran Guidry
replies: 18 views: 4,136
Orgeltonmeister 1 hour ago

Has anyone here used an R122 as a spot on flute and/or clarinet? If so, I'd love to hear some samples. I can't find much of...

Cinematographer
replies: 0 views: 37
Cinematographer 1 hour ago

I realize that with my renewed interest in audio recording I am posting a lot of topics. If that is tiresome, my apologies. See...

connloyalist
replies: 20 views: 371
Folkie 8 hours ago

I wasn't sure of the angles of the microphones - is the middle pair 110º and the end pair 45º? omni's left and right at...

Pickett
replies: 78 views: 2,564
studer58 14 hours ago

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 99 views: 15,055
torpor 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and and new to the world of audio recording. This forum was recommended to me over in...

Akagi
replies: 6 views: 256
Rolo 46 1 day ago

A great read. Go to page 20: https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-DB-Magazine/80s/DB-1983-01.pdf

NathanBarley
replies: 5 views: 338
studer58 1 day ago

As the title says, I would be interested in hearing the unconventional or perhaps just plain weird microphone setups you have...

connloyalist
replies: 20 views: 423
Sharp11 1 day ago

I'm wondering if anyone has experience doing classical location recording with an AoIP system other than Merging Tech that they...

YoRumsfield
replies: 6 views: 309
[email protected] 2 days ago

In the recent $30k mic test session, my particular favorite was the Royer sf12, even over my own Schoeps mk4s and mk2s. I am...

jnorman
replies: 22 views: 5,302
studer58 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you the result of a little recording project that I recently did, during one of my...

Rajmund
replies: 14 views: 703
Rajmund 3 days ago

Hello everybody, I will record a concert tomorrow (harpe + singer). I plan to bring a couple or AEA N8's and to record in my...

Adagietto
replies: 15 views: 350
brhoward 3 days ago

Hello, all! I am a huge, unabashed fan of the Mountain Goats, and have been re-watching their live studio sessions from last...

tuba_noise
replies: 0 views: 129
tuba_noise 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
Dubbylabby 3 days ago
adam miller 3 days ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 288 views: 20,124
Gerald Carter 3 days ago

Hello, I will be recording a chamber orchestra in 5.1. I would like to use a decca tree. It’s not classical music, it’s...

HangArt
replies: 13 views: 566
David Rick 3 days ago

Planning to record in a rain forest: Im trying to decide which portable recorder is the better for record nature land scapes,...

Happ
replies: 13 views: 715
Rolo 46 4 days ago

I've attached the diagram which shows how to pan the LCR Tree + Two Outriggers. The question I have is: Is the top of this...

Pickett
replies: 1 views: 177
king2070lplaya 4 days ago

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with protecting a microphone against wind and rain outdoors... The application would...

SocietyOfMind
replies: 27 views: 1,448
kludgeaudio 4 days ago

I remember that in the past the Ambient ATE208 was sometimes mentioned as an option for a figure 8 mic. Perhaps this is very old...

connloyalist
replies: 1 views: 157
norfolksoundman9 5 days ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 57 views: 5,248
norfolksoundman9 5 days ago
connloyalist 5 days ago

Hi All, It's been so long since I posted in this forum that probably nobody even remembers me. The following is not a question,...

connloyalist
replies: 2 views: 268
connloyalist 5 days ago

Hi, I've searched but there is almost no mention of this mic to be found. Has anybody put it through it's paces yet?

Banjo
replies: 14 views: 12,417
camjstreet1 5 days ago

I am helping an operatic soprano record demo songs for auditions. Auditions will be recorded in various places (auditoriums &...

tessitura
replies: 17 views: 3,817
camjstreet1 6 days ago

Is there a rule of thumb for EQing a recording that used only an ORTF setup with two Schoeps MK4 capsules? I realise I am very...

JGebauer
replies: 14 views: 827
Geoff Poulton 6 days ago

Hello all... I’m an FX editor with a D100 who occasionally records for fun so I don’t have much knowledge of the...

breaktheory
replies: 8 views: 358
coreyspencer 6 days ago

See more info here. https://www.steinberg.net/wavelab/new-features/ Lots of features that we ALL can use in editing. FWIW...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 4 views: 406
Tommy-boy 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I'm in search of ideas or solutions for shockmounting a Blumlein pair of Coles 4038. I am currently using the...

soundmonkey
replies: 41 views: 942
Rolo 46 1 week ago

So, I'm doing this portable 2 trk drum recording thing -1 large diaphragm overhead and 1 akg on the kick. I'm wanting to know if...

T.M.A.
replies: 20 views: 572
Remoteness 1 week ago

Aloha, I live in my camper which has a 12v solar setup and a step-up converter which can go up to 30v. I'm looking for a good...

firedolphin
replies: 1 views: 222
philper 1 week ago

I'm curious as to whether contributors here have personal experience with the Enhanced Audio mic support (M600) and mic stands...

studer58
replies: 17 views: 648
norfolksoundman9 1 week ago

I’m hoping some of you will be willing to respond to some/all of the following questions about doing edits on classical rep in...

YoRumsfield
replies: 15 views: 704
David Rick 1 week ago

hi everyone -- I'll soon be doing a gig (house mix plus record) for a worship service where the choir -- due to COVID...

sailor
replies: 30 views: 903
k brown 2 weeks ago

I was looking for a high quality 1 RU 8 channel pre+mixer and ran across this, from the APB company (former A+H and Crest guys):...

philper
replies: 14 views: 2,722
philper 2 weeks ago

These were announced with much fanfare last year. And they looked like an exciting new venture by Rode. Retailers have had them...

John Pk
replies: 81 views: 10,768
Filsaf 2 weeks ago

The July/August issue of "Resolution" magazine profiles my career and work at The Ravinia Festival. Check the goods...

Plush
replies: 177 views: 22,804
boombapdame 2 weeks ago

Hello! I record mainly flute or violin with/without piano in a variety of room going from my bedroom to big auditorium. And I...

Suquet.fo
replies: 17 views: 1,129
voltronic 2 weeks ago

To All, Nothing important to tell except that over and over again carrying around the Nagra VI with me on each recording gig...

Gaston69
replies: 25 views: 1,359
nat8808 2 weeks ago

Hi, My house has very thin walls and I can't wear headphones because of hearing damage. (ringing in the ears gets absolutely...

Radiussound
replies: 14 views: 543
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

Hello, all! After weighing the pros and cons in my last post about the Yamaha mixers, I've decided instead to go for the more...

tuba_noise
replies: 29 views: 1,579
king2070lplaya 2 weeks ago

When choosing a location for, say, a classical chamber music recording (ie string quartet, not brass quintet), what kind of noise...

JGebauer
replies: 1 views: 331
studer58 2 weeks ago

I need to up my game on video lighting. Currently just using a single led panel which is too small, too concentrated and too...

jnorman
replies: 31 views: 1,404
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

As I have written a few times before, I consider the creation of appropriate reverb space for recordings made in less-than-ideal...

jnorman
replies: 48 views: 6,895
jnorman 3 weeks ago

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my reverb, and since I saw that Emil Berliner uses a Lexicon 480L, of course I figured I needed...

LarryS
replies: 4 views: 405
LarryS 3 weeks ago

Hi, I finished 3 sessions and realized I accidentally had one of my main-pair mics in cardioid mode with the other in omni. It...

LarryS
replies: 11 views: 643
LarryS 3 weeks ago

Moderators