The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
, , , ,

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 445 views: 290,084
Remoteness 1 week ago

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 33,378
providenciae 10th January 2022

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 90 views: 143,199
M50k 2nd December 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 282,866
JayTee4303 18th October 2021

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 36,844
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 36,530
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Just starting to experiment with this; may be a dead end, but initial impressions are positive, so thought I'd share in case...

M50k
replies: 8 views: 346
M50k 7 hours ago

To start off, I'll tell three stories... 1.) My friend Bob is in his 80's. Bob still sounds good, playing his clarinet (which...

Alan H
replies: 32 views: 1,099
Geoff Poulton 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
studer58 1 day ago
bradh 2 days ago

I have been reading several articles about micing the grand piano lately, and rereading many of the discussions on that topic...

jnorman
replies: 45 views: 2,594
itsyourself 2 days ago

Hi guys, I set my sight on purchasing two Extinct Audio BM9 ribbons with Triton fets upon some research. I would love to know...

my_land
replies: 86 views: 3,633
Remoteness 2 days ago

These guys are just having too much fun ! https://youtu.be/0C9WH4lI-Gc

studer58
replies: 9 views: 814
pencilextremist 2 days ago

Anyone doing it with any regularity? I'm remastering some of my old recordings and experimenting with parallel compression for...

M50k
replies: 35 views: 1,354
pencilextremist 2 days ago

As a spinoff of another thread here, let's do a thread on flying mics (the thread title is © pkautzsch)... Show us your...

d_fu
replies: 206 views: 56,337
studer58 4 days ago

Carnet

Has anybody from the UK got any experience of driving kit to Europe (Germany in this case) for a recording session? I'm aware...

DaveyJones
replies: 36 views: 1,625
Remoteness 6 days ago

besides my political activities (which are rather depressing at the moment...), i'll be busy for the next couple of months with a...

deedeeyeah
replies: 68 views: 3,729
hbphotoav 6 days ago

Hey, when I started my mic-locker, I got a pair of Fatheads, 2 Kel HM-3C and (due to a package deal) 3 Kel HM-7U. By now I have...

PeerSoe
replies: 4 views: 758
surflounge 1 week ago

I'm going to be reading the Brahms clarinet quintet with some friends on Saturday and if we don't hash it up too much, I'll...

Alan H
replies: 19 views: 961
Alan H 1 week ago

For those mic'ing organs with four mics on a long bar, any thoughts about using EQ to get the most out of the set up? I was...

tourtelot
replies: 22 views: 1,118
NorseHorse 1 week ago

After a two year hiatus, I recently recorded a community chamber concert. I put up three pairs of microphones. Here are 2...

dgpretzel
replies: 26 views: 1,821
M50k 1 week ago

Hello! I am a professional bell ringer and recently I have been trying to record high-quality bell ringing and broadcast ringing...

Oleg I.
replies: 46 views: 1,780
Alan H 1 week ago

Dear honored GS members, In Italy on location working started and computer required INTERNET for starting up session..... How...

hanuman
replies: 0 views: 262
hanuman 1 week ago

Transparent sound and preamps are nice , but sometimes a kind of "thick" sweetness can be welcome too (like for some...

ISedlacek
replies: 169 views: 18,845
Piedpiper 1 week ago

I wasn't able to find much information on this for classical (and soundtrack and everything else for that matter).

Pickett
replies: 7 views: 669
bradh 1 week ago

So after a long time I'm finally playing around with a mid-side main pair more, on small ensembles. Recently mostly strings,...

Klimermonk
replies: 7 views: 514
DaveyJones 1 week ago

Miraculous-- that's the word for all the dizzying advances in audio recording technology. Now-- the "advances" wouldn't...

joelpatterson
replies: 84 views: 3,913
David Spearritt 1 week ago

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 677 views: 138,306
Alan H 2 weeks ago

As I have written a few times before, I consider the creation of appropriate reverb space for recordings made in less-than-ideal...

jnorman
replies: 203 views: 21,784
studer58 2 weeks ago

Hi, I need to buy a piano to my recording studio. It can be upright piano, but I have enough space, so a bigger one is...

HangArt
replies: 85 views: 4,546
2manyrocks 2 weeks ago
wildplum 2 weeks ago

I suspect most of us will never have the good fortune to be asked to mic up such a wonderfully mahoosive instrument like this,...

James Lehmann
replies: 17 views: 769
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago
replies: 28 views: 1,090
Karloff70 2 weeks ago

Hi, When choosing your AB setup with omni microphones do you have your favourite time difference level you aim for? How do...

Polifonia
replies: 23 views: 1,002
Yannick 2 weeks ago

good journey to you, my highly respected mentor and free spirit!

deedeeyeah
replies: 30 views: 2,446
David Rick 2 weeks ago

What are the ways of recording audio that makes it stretch beyond and outside the confines of the speakers, I'm hoping that...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 28 views: 1,565
surflounge 2 weeks ago

I'm new into the mobile recording services business.. How do you guys make your math / budget for a job? Do you for...

xxcenturyboy
replies: 26 views: 1,702
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'm new here. I've got a question regarding charging for live recordings. I've recently assembled a rig at the venue...

slondo1
replies: 54 views: 5,907
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

I recently recorded a friend’s trio (piano, violin, and cello). The recordings were made during one of their rehearsals in an...

Chuck_S
replies: 8 views: 1,674
Chuck_S 3 weeks ago
Slow Learner 3 weeks ago

This interview by Greg Simmons (Simmosonic, who often posts here) with the engineer (Cookie Marenco) of a piano, vocal and violin...

studer58
replies: 20 views: 1,127
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago
norfolksoundman9 3 weeks ago
Bruce Watson 3 weeks ago

Twenty Years of Gear! We have a major milestone for Gearspace! June 2022 marks the official 20 year anniversary of...

Remoteness
replies: 20 views: 909
Progger 3 weeks ago
pencilextremist 4 weeks ago

I'm going to try a recording session with several musicians playing live in a room, with instrument amps either screened (ie...

studer58
replies: 14 views: 2,820
pencilextremist 4 weeks ago

Would a golf ball, carefully bored out to the correct diameter, work as an APE diffraction ball for omni mics. Or would the...

studer58
replies: 55 views: 12,381
M50k 4 weeks ago

I was fortunate to ask a guy working on a lot of live albums a question and get an answer about the VIBE part of producing live...

Heartfelt
replies: 5 views: 676
AC2SPL 4 weeks ago

For an animated video project I'm working on, I want to have howling wind sounds. In my area, there can occasionally be very high...

singaiya
replies: 30 views: 1,960
M50k 4 weeks ago

I’m considering purchasing either one. Do you know if it’s possible to multitrack record from the same inputs channels to...

luckyluca
replies: 0 views: 541
luckyluca 4 weeks ago

So I need to record 2 mics on separate audio files using the tascam dr-40x just wondering if this is possible? So we're recording...

IINUBEII
replies: 9 views: 808
M50k 4 weeks ago

Would it dispel the magic if we knew the techniques? Some people think so. Rudy Van Gelder, on ensuring that his knowledge...

Silver Sonya
replies: 117 views: 17,602
king2070lplaya 4 weeks ago

Hi, sorry if this has been covered before, but has anyone tried much of using Jecklin and/or Schneider disks? I'm probably going...

BernieW
replies: 5 views: 1,224
M50k 4 weeks ago

I've been reading this thread and it got me thinking about the reasons to use a pressure sphere on an omni. Anyone answer some...

Bruce Watson
replies: 108 views: 14,670
M50k 4 weeks ago

A great podcast from the curator of a man who recorded most everything he ever played, on stage or live, both analog and...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 593
studer58 4 weeks ago

Hello, I often record pipe organs, string orchestras and choirs. I use Schoeps with several polar patterns; But I find them a...

OrganMaster
replies: 23 views: 1,234
kludgeaudio 4 weeks ago

Moderators