The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
, , , ,

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 445 views: 297,941
Remoteness 24th June 2022

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 36,231
providenciae 10th January 2022

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 90 views: 148,351
M50k 2nd December 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 290,473
JayTee4303 18th October 2021

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 39,572
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 39,238
Remoteness 6th May 2006

I do not suppose that multi-camera auditions would even be accepted, anywhere at any time by anyone. I get the concept of why...

joelpatterson
replies: 36 views: 906
joeq 44 minutes ago

After discovering Sonodore LDM-54 and talking with Rens today, I became quite perplexed about his tube mics...

ISedlacek
replies: 7 views: 238
ISedlacek 1 hour ago
replies: 24 views: 724
ohgee 4 hours ago

I did a gig about a year ago and it was of a fairly famous string quartet. It was a radio broadcast and recording. The room they...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 311 views: 34,480
Thomas W. Bethe 9 hours ago

Hello friends! A few weeks ago, I was considering taking my pair of OC818s to Cuba for our recent recording project. As you...

bwanajim
replies: 22 views: 696
deedeeyeah 10 hours ago

I've been reading this thread and it got me thinking about the reasons to use a pressure sphere on an omni. Anyone answer some...

Bruce Watson
replies: 119 views: 15,865
studer58 18 hours ago

Today the moded Schoeps CMC6 bodies arrived. It consists of a separate small 60V power supply box, the inner electronics in CMC6s...

ISedlacek
replies: 74 views: 8,622
ISedlacek 1 day ago

Bit of a recurring problem I have when I mix live recordings is that the crowd often sounds much smaller than it was. I don't...

tgs
replies: 19 views: 673
wildplum 2 days ago

I'm reading with interest a thread where a number of us recount issues with videographers or administrators, where a recording is...

Alan H
replies: 29 views: 1,172
joeq 2 days ago

When recording a good calibre amateur choir in a large church or cathedral with organ accompaniment, do you typically add...

studer58
replies: 8 views: 229
knuttta 3 days ago

O

Hi, I am looking for advice on expanding the number of mic inputs and getting great result recording classical, mostly violin...

my_land
replies: 23 views: 653
tessitura 3 days ago

I was wondering what experience forum members have of recording organs in narrow chancels? Last week I was doing some mic tests...

norfolksoundman9
replies: 5 views: 162
norfolksoundman9 3 days ago
replies: 74 views: 4,918
studer58 3 days ago

Mark Fouxman's creations generally get a very warm reception here...this is his latest:...

studer58
replies: 10 views: 423
Marik 3 days ago

Having done my 3rd Big Band live remote, I’ve dialed in a few things, but am most curious how folks manage the dance between...

emrr
replies: 2 views: 178
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

I have to record a voiceover remotely to my timeline from a professional speaker. He should be able to see my timeline video...

Hearspace
replies: 1 views: 148
David W. Jones 3 days ago

I cannot believe that the school let this happen...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 7 views: 254
Geoff Poulton 4 days ago

So I have recently landed what will be the best gig of my career as recording engineer for a local science college. This entails...

UDig
replies: 28 views: 1,655
avare 5 days ago

Here’s a new type of headphone which doesn’t isolate you from the environment….clearly helpful when you’re walking,...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 274
Thomas W. Bethe 5 days ago

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you the result of a little recording project that I recently did, during one of my...

Rajmund
replies: 18 views: 2,143
Rajmund 6 days ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 80 views: 12,588
hipporu 6 days ago

I'm looking for a mic to record very quiet natural ambience, with no much acustic information, also interest in record empty...

ablank
replies: 50 views: 1,621
studer58 1 week ago

A cappella classical choir, 24-32 mixed voices, most often in churches w/quite a bit of reverb. I am part of the choir myself, so...

Seb1977
replies: 18 views: 1,609
mathieujm 1 week ago

Is anybody using these clamps? I’ve used some when I worked with a previous company but now have the need for something...

DaveyJones
replies: 7 views: 318
mpdonahue 1 week ago

I might be finally upgrading my trusty TC studiokonnekt 48 this year and I am looking at Antelope Orion Studio Synergy or...

The Listener
replies: 8 views: 2,011
Bydlo 1 week ago

Anybody out there recall all of the live broadcasts from WPIX-FM (mid-1978 to early 1980)? They started a series of...

wpixfm
replies: 60 views: 23,131
nobtwiddler 1 week ago

Hey there, No idea if this is of any interest here, but when I recorded the ECM Production "Puerta" by Jorge Rossy...

idee und klang
replies: 45 views: 3,628
idee und klang 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I might have an opportunity to hold a recording session with a brass band for their charity CD this year. We'll...

guosh
replies: 34 views: 3,888
alexvdbroek 1 week ago

Is anyone here using an AD8+ specifically via Dante? Any issues or concerns to be aware of in this capacity? I spoke to...

Wavefront
replies: 26 views: 2,109
Wavefront 1 week ago

I just record classical guitar stuff (intermediate level player) in my acoustically crummy room using a Scarlett 2i2 interface...

DaveLeeNC
replies: 35 views: 1,453
DaveLeeNC 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
HVY 2 weeks ago

I've had a pair of CM3s for a couple of years and I'm really pleased with them as a main stereo pair (into a Zoom H6 for...

paulfromcamden
replies: 34 views: 4,798
Progger 2 weeks ago

In some old threads i found a sample of the neumann kk133 (titanium m150 without the ball) capsule and i thought it sounded very...

just.sounds
replies: 30 views: 8,076
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I’m looking for setup suggestions for an upcoming recording session, using the gear I have. I’ve offered to do several...

Chuck_S
replies: 52 views: 3,419
studer58 2 weeks ago

Now that the era of rackmount reverbs is pretty much over, that's left me with a bit of a dilemma updating my live performance...

David Rick
replies: 61 views: 3,194
David Rick 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I could really use your kind help and expertise on this. I want to record a pipe organ in a church, and can choose...

Akagi
replies: 5 views: 381
monitor 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 299 views: 31,316
studer58 2 weeks ago

Hi just wondering if anyone else besides me is into the ECM label, and particularly engineers Jan Erik Kongshaug, and Martin...

zarembo
replies: 159 views: 35,295
melodic dreamer 2 weeks ago

Hello all, I’m in the market for a good general purpose kit for recording live classical music. I own a videography...

Jahank42
replies: 8 views: 520
RayHeath 2 weeks ago

Dear all I have to confess... Always been using RME UFX with two Octamics through ADAT, but since a large project past January...

apotheosis
replies: 32 views: 1,494
bremusound 3 weeks ago

So I recorded a woodwind quintet today. They were all quite good musicians who should be well aware of the intricacies of their...

jnorman
replies: 174 views: 9,685
joelpatterson 3 weeks ago

How good are the A/D converters of the Dante AVIO Analog Output? Im planning to use it with a millennia preamp (Jazz /...

xxcenturyboy
replies: 0 views: 110
xxcenturyboy 3 weeks ago

I'm currently considering all of these options for recording classical guitar in A/B stereo : - Schoeps CMC6 with either mk2...

cawa
replies: 41 views: 1,293
cawa 3 weeks ago

I’m doing a location recording where I will have limited time to setup and audition mics. A small jazz club in Indianapolis....

Jlbabcock
replies: 6 views: 397
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

So finally I got Sonodore LDM 54 to try :)) And was very curious to compare them with my holy grail Schoeps MK2 with Rens...

ISedlacek
replies: 21 views: 789
ISedlacek 3 weeks ago

Hey, gang! Ah, never a shortage of new challenges to master, right? The symphony I work with will be doing the Abe marimba...

seanmccoy
replies: 23 views: 565
seanmccoy 3 weeks ago

Hello, SDC mics can get far better linearity than LDC. How do you guys view multi-pattern LDC mics for general...

gearstudent
replies: 37 views: 3,884
studer58 3 weeks ago

I have been ask by a client to get up to 20 board members into an installed A&H SQ mixer for live stream "virtual"...

tourtelot
replies: 22 views: 705
Ontariosound 3 weeks ago

An interesting new idea: https://gearspace.com/board/new-product-alert/1391371-umbrella-company-releases-active-mic-cable.html

studer58
replies: 4 views: 388
Speedskater 3 weeks ago

Plenty of ‘location recordings’ to be featured in this upcoming (Dec 1st) time-capsule documentary from 5 decades ago…LSO...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 260
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Moderators