The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
, , , ,

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 445 views: 297,120
Remoteness 24th June 2022

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 35,966
providenciae 10th January 2022

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 90 views: 147,811
M50k 2nd December 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 289,677
JayTee4303 18th October 2021

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 39,311
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 38,977
Remoteness 6th May 2006

I do not suppose that multi-camera auditions would even be accepted, anywhere at any time by anyone. I get the concept of why...

joelpatterson
replies: 23 views: 498
RayHeath 3 hours ago

Hello friends! A few weeks ago, I was considering taking my pair of OC818s to Cuba for our recent recording project. As you...

bwanajim
replies: 2 views: 139
jimjazzdad 3 hours ago
replies: 70 views: 4,528
studer58 10 hours ago

Is anybody using these clamps? I’ve used some when I worked with a previous company but now have the need for something...

DaveyJones
replies: 6 views: 233
DaveyJones 1 day ago

O

Hi, I am looking for advice on expanding the number of mic inputs and getting great result recording classical, mostly violin...

my_land
replies: 16 views: 360
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

I might be finally upgrading my trusty TC studiokonnekt 48 this year and I am looking at Antelope Orion Studio Synergy or...

The Listener
replies: 8 views: 1,908
Bydlo 1 day ago

Anybody out there recall all of the live broadcasts from WPIX-FM (mid-1978 to early 1980)? They started a series of...

wpixfm
replies: 60 views: 23,055
nobtwiddler 2 days ago

Hey there, No idea if this is of any interest here, but when I recorded the ECM Production "Puerta" by Jorge Rossy...

idee und klang
replies: 45 views: 3,553
idee und klang 2 days ago

A cappella classical choir, 24-32 mixed voices, most often in churches w/quite a bit of reverb. I am part of the choir myself, so...

Seb1977
replies: 16 views: 1,525
mathieujm 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I might have an opportunity to hold a recording session with a brass band for their charity CD this year. We'll...

guosh
replies: 34 views: 3,857
alexvdbroek 3 days ago

Is anyone here using an AD8+ specifically via Dante? Any issues or concerns to be aware of in this capacity? I spoke to...

Wavefront
replies: 26 views: 2,083
Wavefront 3 days ago

Bit of a recurring problem I have when I mix live recordings is that the crowd often sounds much smaller than it was. I don't...

tgs
replies: 14 views: 431
tgs 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
Doogie Howser 4 days ago

I just record classical guitar stuff (intermediate level player) in my acoustically crummy room using a Scarlett 2i2 interface...

DaveLeeNC
replies: 35 views: 1,391
DaveLeeNC 4 days ago
HVY 4 days ago

I'm reading with interest a thread where a number of us recount issues with videographers or administrators, where a recording is...

Alan H
replies: 28 views: 1,051
pkautzsch 5 days ago

I've had a pair of CM3s for a couple of years and I'm really pleased with them as a main stereo pair (into a Zoom H6 for...

paulfromcamden
replies: 34 views: 4,734
Progger 5 days ago

I'm looking for a mic to record very quiet natural ambience, with no much acustic information, also interest in record empty...

ablank
replies: 48 views: 1,352
Ukiah Bass 5 days ago

I have to record a voiceover remotely to my timeline from a professional speaker. He should be able to see my timeline video...

Hearspace
replies: 0 views: 102
Hearspace 6 days ago
studer58 6 days ago

In some old threads i found a sample of the neumann kk133 (titanium m150 without the ball) capsule and i thought it sounded very...

just.sounds
replies: 30 views: 8,023
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I’m looking for setup suggestions for an upcoming recording session, using the gear I have. I’ve offered to do several...

Chuck_S
replies: 52 views: 3,383
studer58 1 week ago

Now that the era of rackmount reverbs is pretty much over, that's left me with a bit of a dilemma updating my live performance...

David Rick
replies: 61 views: 3,130
David Rick 1 week ago

Hey guys, I could really use your kind help and expertise on this. I want to record a pipe organ in a church, and can choose...

Akagi
replies: 5 views: 357
monitor 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 299 views: 31,261
studer58 1 week ago

Hi just wondering if anyone else besides me is into the ECM label, and particularly engineers Jan Erik Kongshaug, and Martin...

zarembo
replies: 159 views: 35,247
melodic dreamer 1 week ago

Hello all, I’m in the market for a good general purpose kit for recording live classical music. I own a videography...

Jahank42
replies: 8 views: 490
RayHeath 1 week ago

Dear all I have to confess... Always been using RME UFX with two Octamics through ADAT, but since a large project past January...

apotheosis
replies: 32 views: 1,453
bremusound 1 week ago

So I recorded a woodwind quintet today. They were all quite good musicians who should be well aware of the intricacies of their...

jnorman
replies: 174 views: 9,629
joelpatterson 1 week ago

How good are the A/D converters of the Dante AVIO Analog Output? Im planning to use it with a millennia preamp (Jazz /...

xxcenturyboy
replies: 0 views: 101
xxcenturyboy 1 week ago

I'm currently considering all of these options for recording classical guitar in A/B stereo : - Schoeps CMC6 with either mk2...

cawa
replies: 41 views: 1,227
cawa 1 week ago

I’m doing a location recording where I will have limited time to setup and audition mics. A small jazz club in Indianapolis....

Jlbabcock
replies: 6 views: 366
Remoteness 1 week ago

So finally I got Sonodore LDM 54 to try :)) And was very curious to compare them with my holy grail Schoeps MK2 with Rens...

ISedlacek
replies: 21 views: 749
ISedlacek 1 week ago

Mark Fouxman's creations generally get a very warm reception here...this is his latest:...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 230
Karloff70 1 week ago

Hey, gang! Ah, never a shortage of new challenges to master, right? The symphony I work with will be doing the Abe marimba...

seanmccoy
replies: 23 views: 553
seanmccoy 2 weeks ago

Hello, SDC mics can get far better linearity than LDC. How do you guys view multi-pattern LDC mics for general...

gearstudent
replies: 37 views: 3,846
studer58 2 weeks ago

I have been ask by a client to get up to 20 board members into an installed A&H SQ mixer for live stream "virtual"...

tourtelot
replies: 22 views: 687
Ontariosound 2 weeks ago

An interesting new idea: https://gearspace.com/board/new-product-alert/1391371-umbrella-company-releases-active-mic-cable.html

studer58
replies: 4 views: 371
Speedskater 2 weeks ago

Plenty of ‘location recordings’ to be featured in this upcoming (Dec 1st) time-capsule documentary from 5 decades ago…LSO...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 230
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

These recordings are of the 30 member High School Junior Choir associated with my church. I wasn't very familiar with the...

Chuck_S
replies: 6 views: 1,104
Chuck_S 2 weeks ago

I found the LP liner below as I was packing up my LPs for an upcoming move. It is likely from the mid-late '60s... just about the...

hbphotoav
replies: 2 views: 215
studer58 2 weeks ago

Only recently discovered this recording from 2019 with Matthias Goerne and Seong-Jin Cho called “Im Abendrot” featuring songs...

Lucas_G
replies: 93 views: 3,081
KM184 2 weeks ago

No, it's not your imagination...it really exists (the Phantom Violin Note/combo...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 387
jimjazzdad 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I am in need of some advice from all the amazing wealth of experience on this forum....

pianokeynut
replies: 15 views: 2,899
studer58 2 weeks ago

There must be an interesting backstory to the heavy-duty windshields in use at this concert. For some of these songs the drum...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 155
studer58 2 weeks ago

What's your preferred method of getting files to clients? Sync? Dropbox? Google Drive? . . .? Anyone still snail mail...

M50k
replies: 32 views: 1,608
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

XII festival of ringing "Danilovskie bells". Live as it is, cloudy, rain, wind 12-15 m / s, no rehearsal, no sound...

hipporu
replies: 12 views: 1,269
hipporu 3 weeks ago

8ch. Mic pre-amp Edax Audio Labs - MAX-800, anybody with experience

Gaston69
replies: 11 views: 5,889
CAT5 3 weeks ago

Back in the early '80's, when people first started offering to pay me to record their music and I decided to take this recording...

wildplum
replies: 4 views: 197
Folkie 3 weeks ago

Of course we always expect exemplary video and audio for the All of Bach (Netherlands Bach Society) series...and this latest...

studer58
replies: 13 views: 734
Lunar Attic 3 weeks ago

Moderators