Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 315 views: 244,739
rmx16 3rd March 2021

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 440 views: 251,601
JCBigler 10th February 2021

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 18,390
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 22,091
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 118,769
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 21,923
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 279 views: 17,507
Plush 4 minutes ago

Humans are stereo creatures-- maybe really surround creatures, to look at it in a "where is that noise coming from in the...

joelpatterson
replies: 4 views: 106
joelpatterson 30 minutes ago

Greetings. Looking to add another 8 channels to the racks. It will either be a Grace or Millennia. For those of you that...

Omicron_9
replies: 3 views: 60
jnorman 1 hour ago

Dear all A while ago I had the pleasure of recording this virtuoso horn sonata in the hall for which it was actually...

apotheosis
replies: 3 views: 111
studer58 1 hour ago

Good morning. I am an organist (and also a little audiophile...) and I want to buy equipment to properly record pipe organ in...

Organist
replies: 173 views: 8,728
GPom 6 hours ago

I searched a bit but did not find much addressing this exact topic, but apologies if I somehow did miss earlier discussions....

Wavefront
replies: 86 views: 2,004
GearFiddler 19 hours ago

Tip about kick drum technique If you're having a hard time hearing the shell of a kick drum in a recording, it may be that the...

trubadoor
replies: 8 views: 311
jlawford 21 hours ago

the upcoming american-russian summit talks in geneva will not only bring another parade of civil servants and secret services,...

deedeeyeah
replies: 27 views: 552
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

I finally pulled the trigger on the Sound Devices MixPre-6II with the Musician’s plugin, tried it out for the first time this...

garytube
replies: 2 views: 181
garytube 1 day ago

I spotted this while looking at the Blackmagic Atem Mini product page. Its classy look first caught my eye, and when I zoomed in...

ronmac
replies: 17 views: 929
PuggaMahone 2 days ago

I have excuses galore, and speaking of capitals I DID capture glorious audio and video of this outdoor, windy piano/singer trio,...

joelpatterson
replies: 7 views: 657
Geoff Poulton 4 days ago

A stereo microphone ruler. Convenient to adjust microphone space and angle. NOS, ORTF, XY90, XY120, VR A, Gerzon stereo (5cm,...

9sbean
replies: 40 views: 1,630
studer58 4 days ago

^^ Nice recording or David Leigh, a Bass with a unique voice, performing "Poor Wayfarin' Stranger' with a nice piano....

tessitura
replies: 6 views: 368
Thomas W. Bethe 4 days ago

I came across an eBay listing for the now-discontinued AKG CBL99 boundary layer mic, and was surprised to see proudly labeled on...

studer58
replies: 68 views: 10,836
studer58 5 days ago

i've been a freelance tech for close to 40 years and as such, i got to use a wide range of mics from most well-known...

deedeeyeah
replies: 37 views: 1,263
kludgeaudio 5 days ago

I hope I have the correct forum, but genuinely interested that when people upload field recordings of waves, sea, rain,...

flsh333
replies: 17 views: 633
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 627 views: 122,461
jamesmafyew 1 week ago

Does anyone here use the Schoeps RC active stands? There are certain live performance video situations where I would love having...

jnorman
replies: 47 views: 3,209
2manyrocks 1 week ago

Hi, I want to get more infos about the mysterious Rudy Van Gelder, I really love the sounds of those early jazz record he did. I...

laperlestudio
replies: 9 views: 1,233
loujudson 1 week ago

I know this is a question that's been asked in various forms before, but I have a more environmental and functional spin on...

jamesmafyew
replies: 32 views: 1,371
Klimermonk 1 week ago

I know, it is not the mic number but how you use it. However, it is now all I have, namely: a Korg MR-1000, a stereopair of...

DAH
replies: 53 views: 2,137
mljung 1 week ago

Gear Spacers, It's about mixing technique. Lots of stems are sent by home recording singers and musicians. Now the task is to...

hanuman
replies: 2 views: 220
Remoteness 1 week ago

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with protecting a microphone against wind and rain outdoors... The application would...

SocietyOfMind
replies: 20 views: 963
Remoteness 1 week ago

Discounting for the moment the (probably more famous) Tony Faulkner 2 mic pairs on a single bar phased array...his earliest...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 230
studer58 1 week ago

I've learned a lot from Gearslutz over the years, and I finally wanted to contribute my humble experience. I decided to take a...

Greyoboe
replies: 17 views: 1,440
Filsaf 1 week ago

Hi! I got this contemporary classical recording that im trying to mix in Logic. It has 6 tracks of choir (SSA), the piano track...

elacarcel
replies: 1 views: 207
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

What's the best way to feed and get feeds from a Dante setup to an interface that has AVB (yes, MOTU)? I saw that Presonus...

philper
replies: 4 views: 258
oldmanstan 1 week ago

Any experience in the classical music field with this microphone as a 'general' large diaphragm spot microphone, e.g. for solo...

apotheosis
replies: 25 views: 1,674
ianmiller01 1 week ago

So, you people using mics with rectangular capsules (Pearl & Milab et al), would you care to share your experiences with...

JonesH
replies: 125 views: 20,986
emrr 1 week ago

I've had an ongoing personal research project for some time now, experimenting with various somewhat unconventional microphone...

Wavefront
replies: 3 views: 315
Wavefront 1 week ago

I just got our next season's schedule..and it's no more rosy than this year's...no orchestra in pits or singers on stage till at...

RayS
replies: 15 views: 529
2manyrocks 1 week ago

Are there any alternatives to the Pearl DS70? Pearl DS70 What are the problems I will encounter if I placed musicians...

audiothings
replies: 11 views: 810
audiothings 1 week ago

Taking this to a different thread, maybe to try and discover some new GearSpace "Facts" Steve Remote...

tourtelot
replies: 51 views: 2,430
dseetoo 1 week ago

I am going to recording a small group of choir very soon(3male and 3female) I have two mic,one is u87 and another is earthwork...

dotahai
replies: 7 views: 320
kludgeaudio 1 week ago

I thought it might be worth devoting a thread to videos (or archived live streams) made in this time of social distancing. Please...

studer58
replies: 62 views: 5,070
2manyrocks 2 weeks ago

I was looking for a high quality 1 RU 8 channel pre+mixer and ran across this, from the APB company (former A+H and Crest guys):...

philper
replies: 11 views: 2,122
David Rick 2 weeks ago

Hello, all! I love finding YouTube videos with live performances where you can actually see the recording process, and so here's...

tuba_noise
replies: 3 views: 361
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

A while ago, some folks over at the Remote Possibilities forum asked me to post some tunes for review. It’s taken sometime,...

Remoteness
replies: 138 views: 26,762
Fuzzy Logic 2 weeks ago

As many of you good folks know, I specialize in on location live performance recording, production and broadcasting. Whether it's...

Remoteness
replies: 34 views: 1,793
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hey, all. In the early planning stages for a project that started out as a single concert, but due to COVID insanity has...

seanmccoy
replies: 47 views: 1,815
Lucas_G 2 weeks ago

Looking for a recorder with headphone monitoring, 2 XLR mic inputs, backup or safety channel than records a backup track from the...

dylanmitchell
replies: 0 views: 227
dylanmitchell 2 weeks ago

When recording a big band, what would be the advantage of close miking each instrument vs. miking sections, i.e. one mic for...

chris319
replies: 64 views: 11,274
Progger 2 weeks ago

Can anyone recommend a high-end Mid-side stereo mic? For the ambient nature sound business I work for, I'm putting together a...

Prime Mover
replies: 52 views: 8,719
surflounge 2 weeks ago

For an upcoming string quartet recording session (with video, non-concert) what factors might steer you towards either Jecklin...

studer58
replies: 92 views: 5,013
Fridberg 3 weeks ago

Here is a small practical contribution to the eternal Schoeps vs DPA discussion. Few days ago I welcomed a bunch of valuable...

ISedlacek
replies: 259 views: 63,816
dizziness 3 weeks ago

You're being sent to a fairly big island (for life) that's home to thousands of musicians playing every kind of musical...

dfghdhr
replies: 57 views: 1,401
kludgeaudio 3 weeks ago

I have been doing studio recording for 20+ years. I have been doing live sound at a church for several years. But it recently...

a.fumco
replies: 14 views: 639
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Hello, I would like to record soundscapes, mostly nature based ambience from the forest and a bunch of singing birds. I...

delaforet
replies: 15 views: 826
Adebar 3 weeks ago

The Aura-Sonic crew and I had the pleasure to capture the 2008 Newport Jazz Festival. Our live music mix from the festival was...

Remoteness
replies: 56 views: 13,557
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Hello, I'm also open to your suggestions for other products but... My friend is a vocalist but not very technical minded and Im...

yooo
replies: 7 views: 1,297
studer58 3 weeks ago

Moderators