The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
, , , ,

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 445 views: 295,791
Remoteness 24th June 2022

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 16 views: 35,539
providenciae 10th January 2022

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 90 views: 146,946
M50k 2nd December 2021

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 288,343
JayTee4303 18th October 2021

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 38,909
Remoteness 5th October 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 38,591
Remoteness 6th May 2006

I'm sure every new concert hall has it's fair share of acoustic consultancy and control built into the design...but this hall in...

studer58
replies: 33 views: 822
Yannick 2 hours ago

Trying to record a cello audition in church, with a grand piano accompany. The church pic is attached. There will be no audience...

tjiang001
replies: 0 views: 15
tjiang001 2 hours ago

I do a lot of remote and/or on location recordings, -I tend to record all sessions, even rehearsals, -mostly A/B recordings -a...

Thrip
replies: 43 views: 9,441
deedeeyeah 3 hours ago

I recently recorded a good friends string quartet. She's the cellist in the group and the short piece was written by another...

Alan H
replies: 37 views: 842
2manyrocks 3 hours ago

Well, that’s what the intro here is suggesting….in the Oct ‘22...

studer58
replies: 21 views: 427
Plush 4 hours ago

I'm trying to select a Great DAW for Editing classical music... and would love some advice. I've been using ProTools, but...

bove
replies: 201 views: 30,913
Bydlo 12 hours ago

I almost know Plush's mantra by heart about the DAV by now ;) BUT Can anyone comment about real world situations especially...

Lorenzop
replies: 26 views: 5,274
studer58 18 hours ago

I received an email informing me of the deadline for the 2016 JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Concerto Competition....

Given To Fly
replies: 23 views: 1,593
M50k 19 hours ago

Mr Remoteness , I'm the chief engineer for a syndicated radio show that multitracks live multi band shows. We operate at a...

suttlet1
replies: 54 views: 1,896
tourtelot 1 day ago

I'm thinking about getting a pair of MK 5 capsules. There are a couple threads that discuss the sound, but none that discuss the...

tessitura
replies: 6 views: 219
Geoff Poulton 1 day ago

Hello GS Friends — I'm a longtime lurker and first time poster here, and have learned so much over the years from discussions...

j_smith
replies: 11 views: 462
David Rick 1 day ago

C19 spelt the end of my classical music recording and production. 10 yrs of excellent performance at a world class...

Rolo 46
replies: 38 views: 2,039
tourtelot 3 days ago

Now that the era of rackmount reverbs is pretty much over, that's left me with a bit of a dilemma updating my live performance...

David Rick
replies: 49 views: 1,952
ardis 3 days ago

Any experience in the classical music field with this microphone as a 'general' large diaphragm spot microphone, e.g. for solo...

apotheosis
replies: 46 views: 4,167
PuebloAudio 3 days ago

Hi all, usually my trusty tuning fork gives me what I need when producing on session, but every so often, especially with the...

DaveyJones
replies: 3 views: 119
Ifrit 4 days ago

As the Telefunken equivalent was used in so many of the 3 mic Mercury Living Presence recordings of the late 1950's and beyond,...

studer58
replies: 27 views: 1,287
studer58 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
celticrogues 5 days ago

Hi Folks, I'm recording a choir / orchestra concert (with soloists) this weekend - all fairly straightforward except that the...

hemulen
replies: 17 views: 3,278
studer58 6 days ago
DAH 6 days ago

Very sad news for the recording world. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158996535430446&id=62412855445

tuba_noise
replies: 5 views: 965
c1ferrari 6 days ago

I’ve been using Neumann KH80s for a couple of years now, and am looking to upgrade but only if I will hear a significant...

jnorman
replies: 4 views: 335
ISedlacek 1 week ago

I record live religious events in my neighborhood and the place where these events are happening has an elevator that produces a...

s.murtadha
replies: 8 views: 615
chris661 1 week ago
philper 1 week ago

(Scroll down to the video) I'm leaving this here just for the wonderful observation, "That's the way God made...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 11 views: 1,136
Geoff Poulton 1 week ago

Would you help me identify this mic ?

musiclover2
replies: 1 views: 184
Ken K 1 week ago

I am a proud owner of a SCHOEPS MSTC 64 UG and that is a very fine microphone however I just discovered a similar mic for 99,-...

Gaston69
replies: 402 views: 172,839
studer58 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I'm in search of ideas or solutions for shockmounting a Blumlein pair of Coles 4038. I am currently using the...

soundmonkey
replies: 48 views: 1,634
poppyhb 1 week ago

As I have written a few times before, I consider the creation of appropriate reverb space for recordings made in less-than-ideal...

jnorman
replies: 209 views: 25,176
studer58 1 week ago

XII festival of ringing "Danilovskie bells". Live as it is, cloudy, rain, wind 12-15 m / s, no rehearsal, no sound...

hipporu
replies: 10 views: 1,056
philper 1 week ago

I'm curious as to whether contributors here have personal experience with the Enhanced Audio mic support (M600) and mic stands...

studer58
replies: 21 views: 1,160
2manyrocks 1 week ago

Hi, I've just met a local band doing some traditional brazilian music. Usually, the sound tech guys they met at gigs are...

_barnee
replies: 20 views: 364
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I saw a choir recording being done for BBC radio the other day, and they were using several rather nice mic stands. I was...

panphonic
replies: 40 views: 7,037
makenoisepa 1 week ago

Only recently discovered this recording from 2019 with Matthias Goerne and Seong-Jin Cho called “Im Abendrot” featuring songs...

Lucas_G
replies: 85 views: 2,079
Earcatcher 1 week ago

Hi, I'm currently recording vocals for my new project, but my singer has a very dynamic voice. When I hear his voice acapella...

Hatov
replies: 6 views: 214
chessparov2.0 1 week ago

So after a long time I'm finally playing around with a mid-side main pair more, on small ensembles. Recently mostly strings,...

Klimermonk
replies: 15 views: 974
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Here are six audio clips. Yes, they're MP3's but they have to be downloadable to be listenable! This is the orchestra that I...

Alan H
replies: 61 views: 1,601
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Here's a short sample of recent classical guitar recording with the Decca AB method, using an MKH8020 pair one metre from the...

studer58
replies: 41 views: 2,091
studer58 2 weeks ago

A few months ago I recorded a High School Choir Concert. For one of the songs 4 of the boys formed a barber shop quartet and...

Chuck_S
replies: 1 views: 184
hughshouse 2 weeks ago

My goal is to record and/or measure both sound pressure levels and frequency spectrum inside a motorcycle helmet, ideally right...

replies: 4 views: 523
kludgeaudio 2 weeks ago

Is anyone here working in immersive audio, whether for classical or other types of location recording/performance yet? There...

JCBigler
replies: 15 views: 2,017
RichardFoss 2 weeks ago

i'm playing acoustic guitar in a live setting and I'm wondering what mic I should use. I have these to choose from: small...

n8tron
replies: 25 views: 28,684
mbvoxx 2 weeks ago

Several years old now, this exercise in location tape recording by Tony F might be of interest to readers here:...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 347
M50k 2 weeks ago

12 saxes in a semicircle (see pic) makes it a.... dodecatet ? You bought it...you name it :lol: ! Pair of 9" (22cm)...

studer58
replies: 47 views: 2,671
studer58 3 weeks ago

Thunder?

Recording thunder seems like a pretty big challenge. I've got a pretty good collection of still images of lightning, and...

JayTee4303
replies: 33 views: 858
Spindrift 3 weeks ago

Surprisingly couldn't find an existing thread on this... so perhaps y'all drive huge OB trucks! However, with the price of used...

James Lehmann
replies: 4 views: 237
Geoff Poulton 3 weeks ago

A friend across the street is an audiophile, with $5000 Elac speakers, some insane tube power amp, etc, and is one of those who...

jnorman
replies: 21 views: 907
Peter Allison 3 weeks ago

Here’s an enterprising offer to composers to get their works recorded economically, in Bulgaria….at least that’s the sales...

studer58
replies: 10 views: 535
M50k 3 weeks ago

I've been doing a recording project for members of the string department faculty from our local University. So far we've done...

Ren Man
replies: 43 views: 16,340
bdmctear 4 weeks ago

besides my political activities (which are rather depressing at the moment...), i'll be busy for the next couple of months with a...

deedeeyeah
replies: 94 views: 5,623
deedeeyeah 4 weeks ago

I was wondering if anyone has experience with these acoustic balls. I see that DPA has three sizes 1) Does anyone know if...

NathanShirley
replies: 73 views: 18,586
studer58 4 weeks ago

Moderators