Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 316 views: 253,900
JayTee4303 1 week ago

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 442 views: 260,848
Remoteness 18th August 2021

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 21,869
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 25,552
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 123,710
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 25,434
Remoteness 6th May 2006

Here's another one of those "How would you approach this project?" threads. bumpkin For my first post-lockdown remote...

James Lehmann
replies: 37 views: 1,084
Progger 1 hour ago

I'm wondering if there are many, or any, whose main source of work is largely through recording your own productions. I do...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 102 views: 3,138
Orgeltonmeister 3 hours ago

The title says it all. I though it was because of COVID-19 but I guess no one is having their recitals or concerts recorded...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 46 views: 1,630
jnorman 3 hours ago

I'm aware that I could well be using this consumer-grade pair of wireless mics plus receiver outside of its intended application...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 62
norfolksoundman9 8 hours ago

I'm curious about the differences in sound quality/color between the Schoeps MK2 and the MK21. Any advice would be much...

bove
replies: 27 views: 11,770
deedeeyeah 11 hours ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 67 views: 6,675
mljung 11 hours ago

Here are a few samples from my latest concert capture of a chamber orchestra with a Boojum/JNorman array. I thought they might be...

DCtoDaylight
replies: 125 views: 15,466
studer58 14 hours ago

Do you guys use a limiter or volume envelopes to control peaks during post processing? I have always used volume envelopes, but...

jnorman
replies: 11 views: 745
Sharp11 1 day ago

Just recorded a string quartet with 4 Schoeps Mk4 spot mics, and a spaced pair of Neumann U 87 ai in omni. The omni pair...

crimsonnoise
replies: 20 views: 749
Geoff Poulton 1 day ago

A link to the very recent Chopin piano competition won by this gentleman: BRUCE (XIAOYU) LIU ...... Congrats to all the...

RayS
replies: 7 views: 365
RayS 1 day ago

Hi y'all, I have a pair of Line Audio CM4 on the way and I'm planning on recording a chorus and chamber orchestra in a nice...

dhenriks
replies: 21 views: 924
voltronic 2 days ago

I'm exploring possibility to record a new organ near me and I obviously need to explore the space with my microphones. Because I...

Falcon1
replies: 11 views: 336
studer58 2 days ago

Thinking of getting a pair of those, mainly because i need the omni option. Otherwise I would have gone for the Josephsons...

mantovibe
replies: 79 views: 50,866
mantovibe 2 days ago

See the press release here: https://www.sounddevices.com/sound-devices-joins-audiotonix-group/

bradh
replies: 25 views: 1,179
cheu78 2 days ago

I saw an ad for an MKH8000 series mic and Sennheiser has three new mics listed on their website MKH 8020 (omni), 8040 (cardioid),...

Ken K
replies: 462 views: 86,490
surflounge 3 days ago

Guitar/vocals here. Just got an iPhone 13 Pro which has an excellent camera. I'd like to do live streaming with some basic audio...

BerkeleyBernie
replies: 0 views: 133
BerkeleyBernie 3 days ago

Some of you may have noticed that Rycote - esteemed makers of windshields and mic suspensions over the last 50 years - have just...

norfolksoundman9
replies: 8 views: 511
norfolksoundman9 4 days ago

The latest Zoom handheld recorder looks like a piece of military...

studer58
replies: 14 views: 1,849
Simonator 4 days ago

Hi All, I make a lot of recordings on location, mostly music ranging from classical / baroque / early music, up to modern...

SDunscombe
replies: 12 views: 347
studer58 5 days ago

Many contributors here will be familiar with Richard King's book "Recording Orchestra and other Classical Music...

studer58
replies: 12 views: 928
Romeo Lee 5 days ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,471 views: 59,894
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

I’m looking for setup suggestions for an upcoming recording session, using the gear I have. I’ve offered to do several...

Chuck_S
replies: 22 views: 1,018
2manyrocks 1 week ago

Hi folks! Im from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Im refloating a recording project, after this pandemic year. The idea is to make...

Juanibuqt
replies: 5 views: 343
sounddguy 1 week ago

Hello Remote folks, Here’s my situation: I’m looking to add a versatile pair to my mic kit. Though I like vibey gear and...

alexevans917
replies: 98 views: 5,442
SDunscombe 1 week ago

Hello, I will be recording a chamber orchestra in 5.1. I would like to use a decca tree. It’s not classical music, it’s...

HangArt
replies: 57 views: 2,948
DaveyJones 1 week ago

I'd be interested in your thoughts on Straus Paket trial I made today at a baroque concert, with violin and cello. For those...

studer58
replies: 24 views: 1,535
Lucas_G 1 week ago

I recently acquired a Milab VIP-50 and have only had few brief moments to test it out. So far I've only used it on acoustic...

mrbowes
replies: 15 views: 14,275
Jim Williams 1 week ago

12 saxes in a semicircle (see pic) makes it a.... dodecatet ? You bought it...you name it :lol: ! Pair of 9" (22cm)...

studer58
replies: 43 views: 1,543
mljung 1 week ago

2 x MKH 30 on a tall C stand behind conductor 1 x MKH 40 next to conductor for soloists On a hot July evening with thunder in...

Rolo 46
replies: 53 views: 5,410
9sbean 1 week ago

XII festival of ringing "Danilovskie bells". Live as it is, cloudy, rain, wind 12-15 m / s, no rehearsal, no sound...

hipporu
replies: 8 views: 497
hipporu 1 week ago

I'm wondering if anyone has experience doing classical location recording with an AoIP system other than Merging Tech that they...

YoRumsfield
replies: 37 views: 1,931
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

I am considering investing into another Schoeps pair to complement my CMC6Mk4 pair, but I am a little confused as to which I...

JGebauer
replies: 31 views: 1,747
ISedlacek 2 weeks ago

I just got the test lacquers for my 'Bill Burr: 50, Live from Madison Square Garden' double vinyl comedy record that I'm...

Remoteness
replies: 13 views: 3,478
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

Hello, all! After weighing the pros and cons in my last post about the Yamaha mixers, I've decided instead to go for the more...

tuba_noise
replies: 31 views: 2,359
cheeswolfenstein 2 weeks ago

I’m doing a 2 hour session with a 33-piece ensemble and vocalist - 3 takes each of something like 20 separate short songs. ...

jnorman
replies: 29 views: 1,152
philper 2 weeks ago

I’m recording in a hotel room. Building a quick rig to get some work done. Best efforts because of sudden travel. Mostly...

PhilB
replies: 1 views: 324
studer58 2 weeks ago

Hi folks, Currently flummoxed by the Active vs Passive DI Box choice for the following requirement… Whilst recording...

Markam
replies: 2 views: 336
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hi! Can anyone help with some suggestions for high quality livestreaming outdoors? I have two set ups each with their flaws. 1....

Chris_G
replies: 0 views: 343
Chris_G 2 weeks ago

Hi, I am recording a weekly concert series in a resonant church. It's all solo piano and the instrument is a beautifully...

MattG1987
replies: 26 views: 1,097
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Hi all, In two weeks I am doing a recording session with an excellent vocal folk quartet with tight harmonies The recording...

Folkie
replies: 12 views: 650
Folkie 3 weeks ago

Hi! Anyone had a chance to compare the new schoeps cmc1 preamp with a cmc6 preamp on classical recordings? Do the new cmc1 sound...

Eirik
replies: 12 views: 3,963
ruby06 3 weeks ago

Hi! I got this contemporary classical recording that im trying to mix in Logic. It has 6 tracks of choir (SSA), the piano track...

elacarcel
replies: 2 views: 588
Learning Tofly 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 296 views: 21,593
M50k 3 weeks ago

The B&K 4164 stood model for the DPA 4040 Aniversary and the DPA4041. It was also prototype for the B&K 4179. It has...

Orgeltonmeister
replies: 20 views: 1,388
tailspn 3 weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the new US assembled Vanguard Audio Labs V44S stereo mic ? YouTube V44S...

studer58
replies: 11 views: 3,714
andersmv 3 weeks ago

Hey, all. Finally back to recording our local symphony's concerts, and the next performance includes a couple movements from the...

seanmccoy
replies: 9 views: 598
tourtelot 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and and new to the world of audio recording. This forum was recommended to me over in...

Akagi
replies: 22 views: 1,149
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

As well as an Anniversary version of the DC-196 designed to instantly win the hearts of video teams at location recordings...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 527
Mattias_Milab 3 weeks ago

Looks like Merging has formed a partnership with Sonarworks to bring room and headphone correction to the Anubis. Merging just...

bwanajim
replies: 3 views: 617
brhoward 3 weeks ago

I'm in the market for a professional portable audio recorder - I have pretty high end professional gear (Bricastis, Massive...

Pickett
replies: 25 views: 1,493
bmdaugherty 3 weeks ago

Moderators