Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a "show & tell" thread. Someone had to do it. :) I'm gonna blast a few out at you, but... Let's see...

Remoteness
replies: 315 views: 246,751
rmx16 3rd March 2021

Calling all remote folk, friends and dabblers out there. As you may already know, Geaslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator...

Remoteness
replies: 440 views: 253,570
JCBigler 10th February 2021

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 15 views: 19,179
Remoteness 31st October 2019

Steve Remote from Aura Sonic tuning in. As you may already know, I'm Gearslutz.com's October 2002 guest moderator. We'll be...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 22,873
Remoteness 5th October 2019

An open discussion to all remote folk. How did you get started in remote production, location recording, outside broadcasting?...

Remoteness
replies: 89 views: 119,863
Remoteness 28th August 2019

Many folks have a concern about following multiple forums, sub-forums or any thread that’s outside their normal forum...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 22,710
Remoteness 6th May 2006

what's your take on things? what made you change/makes you stick to a specific approach/technique/gear? can you provide some...

deedeeyeah
replies: 10 views: 134
jnorman 1 hour ago

Dear gurus of GS, I'm a longtime lurker here and have nothing but appreciation for this community! I recently joined to become...

anearisanear
replies: 58 views: 1,097
k brown 5 hours ago

Good day, long post ahead! Sorry I'm a bit rusty as I haven't had any recording gigs for a long, long time... I'm a composer,...

Eris_Luna
replies: 11 views: 385
k brown 6 hours ago

Hello, all! So, I really want a recording solution in mixer form, and I furthermore want the ability to record at 96kHz. That...

tuba_noise
replies: 14 views: 379
deedeeyeah 8 hours ago

I'm looking for security stickers for my equipment, preferably metal foil or something sturdier than plastic. Something that I...

albinotuba
replies: 3 views: 1,214
factmrreports 19 hours ago

Here's a lovely performance that I enjoyed recording back in March: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu4d0ppAbBs I used the...

kirkus
replies: 0 views: 103
kirkus 1 day ago

This is a terrific series of recordings from 1991 Warner Classics and I cannot figure out for the life of me what the...

springer
replies: 33 views: 820
norfolksoundman9 1 day ago

I guess this simply falls into the category of "incrementally better mousetrap"....anyway, a clever way to keep them in...

studer58
replies: 3 views: 463
tessitura 1 day ago

Session In a church, not studio. Recording session, not live. Singer is a tenor. This is a particular combination I have had...

k brown
replies: 63 views: 1,433
kludgeaudio 1 day ago

I've been doing a lot of mobile recording lately. Does anyone know of a backpack large enough to hold a rack unit like the apogee...

judedog
replies: 9 views: 1,289
ralphden 1 day ago

Good morning. I want to ask if anyone has experience recording solo grand piano with Ehrlund, Pearl and Thuresson microphones. or...

stage12
replies: 19 views: 1,603
brhoward 1 day ago

I am looking at my calendar and I have at least seven days of work on it for July. Except for one day in January of 2021, I have...

tourtelot
replies: 19 views: 772
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hi, I'm preparing to record myself (piano + baritone) in a few weeks singing Schumann. I've always used a single wide-cardioid...

bkazez
replies: 15 views: 422
k brown 3 days ago

One item from the Gravity Stands new Traveller series might be of interest for both sessions and concerts. It's a lightweight...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 286
Brent Hahn 4 days ago

To many Rudy Van Gelder is, the greatest recording engineer in jazz history. He was responsible for just about every session on...

Remoteness
replies: 179 views: 34,766
ElmoHope 5 days ago

Hi, everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should charge as either a day rate or hourly rate for doing...

LoudNProud
replies: 2 views: 271
Thomas W. Bethe 5 days ago

Follow this thought experiment with me, if you will. Say I had gotten two *new* Sony PCM D100's. Say that I was impressed that...

joelpatterson
replies: 56 views: 1,956
joelpatterson 6 days ago

A stereo microphone ruler. Convenient to adjust microphone space and angle. NOS, ORTF, XY90, XY120, VR A, Gerzon stereo (5cm,...

9sbean
replies: 41 views: 1,980
9sbean 6 days ago

I've ended up doing the sound for a number of (relatively low budget) documentary video projects and I'm looking to consolidate...

aelita
replies: 8 views: 261
Doubledark 1 week ago

My little amateur corner of the recording/video world is a collection of YouTube videos of Hawaiian music, especially slack key...

Fran Guidry
replies: 16 views: 359
celticrogues 1 week ago

I recently went way over my head and took on a remote gig that led me to some pro level gear. Full disclaimer, I am an organist...

wileypoots
replies: 10 views: 417
Folkie 1 week ago

as mentioned before/elsewhere, i'm still* in the process of re-arrranging my considerable collection of (mostly digital) rack...

deedeeyeah
replies: 0 views: 175
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Anybody out there recall all of the live broadcasts from WPIX-FM (mid-1978 to early 1980)? They started a series of...

wpixfm
replies: 42 views: 19,349
Frankster12 1 week ago

I wasn't sure of the angles of the microphones - is the middle pair 110º and the end pair 45º? omni's left and right at...

Pickett
replies: 20 views: 398
k brown 1 week ago

Where can I find stands/mounts/brackets etc. for mic array setups?

mizzle
replies: 26 views: 889
Zhu Shijia 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Wanted to let you all know that 3 ex-Decca engineers are about to release their book on the topic of recording...

king2070lplaya
replies: 281 views: 18,656
rohlfie 1 week ago

Hi all, I'm involved with an indie film project where we have to film a musician singing and playing piano at the same time....

wileypoots
replies: 9 views: 458
hbphotoav 1 week ago

You're being sent to a fairly big island (for life) that's home to thousands of musicians playing every kind of musical...

dfghdhr
replies: 75 views: 2,680
dfghdhr 1 week ago

Has anyone here tried it? Did you like the results? D.

tourtelot
replies: 17 views: 621
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 51 views: 4,439
heva 1 week ago

Something on my mind recently has been the suitability (or not) for some microphones from one manufacturer to integrate well with...

Wavefront
replies: 6 views: 472
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

I just got the test lacquers for my 'Bill Burr: 50, Live from Madison Square Garden' double vinyl comedy record that I'm...

Remoteness
replies: 11 views: 2,587
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

Good morning. I am an organist (and also a little audiophile...) and I want to buy equipment to properly record pipe organ in...

Organist
replies: 195 views: 10,808
Plush 2 weeks ago

Hey, I mainly do live recordings of bands that are somehow related to "Jazz". Channel count has not been above 24...

PeerSoe
replies: 121 views: 8,323
tourtelot 2 weeks ago

what's the noise in this recording? Ray

RayS
replies: 11 views: 438
RayS 2 weeks ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,350 views: 50,781
studer58 2 weeks ago

Last week, I was ask to record a violin/piano duet (Brahms Violin Sonatas) in a large private "salon". There was video...

tourtelot
replies: 3 views: 338
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

To All, Nothing important to tell except that over and over again carrying around the Nagra VI with me on each recording gig...

Gaston69
replies: 22 views: 704
David Spearritt 2 weeks ago

the upcoming american-russian summit talks in geneva will not only bring another parade of civil servants and secret services,...

deedeeyeah
replies: 60 views: 2,307
Ontariosound 2 weeks ago

Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tPb4JFgmw Also some nice shots of how it all was miked. FWIW

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 5 views: 443
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 638 views: 124,939
jamesmafyew 2 weeks ago

I know, it is not the mic number but how you use it. However, it is now all I have, namely: a Korg MR-1000, a stereopair of...

DAH
replies: 55 views: 2,866
DAH 3 weeks ago

Hello Fellow Engineers, Next weekend I will be recording a Chamber Music ensemble (Folk/Baroque) at a Carre shaped castle...

Gaston69
replies: 11 views: 650
surflounge 3 weeks ago

I am looking for a (very) affordably priced microphone to be used in a main AB microphone setup for a big orchestra + choir in a...

pelleke
replies: 209 views: 75,882
dasbin 3 weeks ago

Hi, I want to get more infos about the mysterious Rudy Van Gelder, I really love the sounds of those early jazz record he did. I...

laperlestudio
replies: 29 views: 2,098
ElmoHope 3 weeks ago

Anyone tried the Onno 4-mic (2 pairs, one at 12", the other 10', on same bar) with APEs on all four mics? I just tried it...

k brown
replies: 22 views: 771
mathieujm 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Has anyone here tried using the XVIVE P1 with a SONY PCM D100 for location recording with a condenser mic that...

khyamallami
replies: 3 views: 846
khyamallami 3 weeks ago

resubmitting after waking up, very sorry I had to withdraw my post entirely because I had submitted it in my sleep and clearly...

J0J
replies: 0 views: 293
J0J 3 weeks ago

Sometime in the coming months, I'll have the chance to sit in while a number of opera singers & coaches practice and do solo...

tessitura
replies: 8 views: 693
k brown 3 weeks ago

Dear all A while ago I had the pleasure of recording this virtuoso horn sonata in the hall for which it was actually...

apotheosis
replies: 15 views: 839
Don S 3 weeks ago

Moderators