Quantcast
REDDi on acoustic direct. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
REDDi on acoustic direct.
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
REDDi on acoustic direct.

Hi all, wondering if anyone has feedback on using the awesome REDDi on acoustic guitar, direct?

I do a lot of mobile recording (live shows) and often struggle with the acoustic recorded through a normal direct box and good pre. Thin and unmusical. Doing a singer songwriter live album tmw night.

Love the REDDi on bass btw.

Thanks for any help.
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Definitely fattens things up. The DI sounds I get I find is related much more to the quality of the pickup in the instrument than the DI itself.

I generally steer to my old trusty Demeter tube DI for acoustic guitar as the transient response is a bit faster and the sound slightly more transparent. The REDDI is my go-to for bass, though.. a great and versatile DI.

In the end, the question is really more of- what kind of sound are you looking for?

--Ben
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle โžก๏ธ
Definitely fattens things up. The DI sounds I get I find is related much more to the quality of the pickup in the instrument than the DI itself.

I generally steer to my old trusty Demeter tube DI for acoustic guitar as the transient response is a bit faster and the sound slightly more transparent. The REDDI is my go-to for bass, though.. a great and versatile DI.

In the end, the question is really more of- what kind of sound are you looking for?

--Ben
Thanks Ben, I appreciate the response. Will have to judge the sound once at the gig, but want it to be nice and full. Not sure what kind of acoustic the client will be using yet. Thanks again, much REDDi love here on bass too!
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
That DI is the best sounding I have ever heard for an acoustic.
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Will check that out. Btw ended up using the REDDi and it sounded so good on the acoustic guitar. Mixing down the live stuff this week for the client and will post clips soon.
๐Ÿ“ Reply