Kalara Studios says hi to the remote community - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kalara Studios says hi to the remote community
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Smile Kalara Studios says hi to the remote community

Hello all,

I've been checking out some of the posts here on the forum and wow, what a cool place to have stumbled upon. I'm Mark, owner of Kalara Studios, and I do a ton of remote recording all over the place. Currently my rig is 48 inputs of PT with a rack of pre's and a DA-78 back up rig, but I plan on building out a trailer this year. Very cool info on the new remote truck construction on this forum. Much of my live recording is for surround, so I pay a ton of attention to my audience and ambient mics. My question is has anyone used the Soundfield mics, if so which ones, and what was your experience? I look forward to some good chats.http://www.kalarastudios.com

Thanks,

Mark Miller
Kalara Studios
Old 13th June 2006
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Let me be the first to say, welcome aboard!

I'm happy you found us... We've been waiting for you. What took you so long? heh

I've used the Soundfield mics a few times with great results. I believe it was one of the earlier versions.

I trust someone with a lot more experience with the device will chime in soon.
Old 16th June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Welcome! I look forward to hearing your input on the threads!

Your website looks cool, too. Is that picture with the Studer Vista on AMV's Celebrity? Sure looks familiar to me.... I'm doing a gig on an AMV truck this week myself.

Anyway- great to have another kindred spirit, and hope we all get to hang out at AES or sometime soon.

Jim
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…