Quantcast
Zoom H4n Accessories?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Zoom H4n Accessories??
Old 18th February 2011
Exclamation Zoom H4n Accessories??

Hi everyone, i got my Zoom H4n the other day and i love it! Although..

The plastic case they included is a load of ****! Iv had it just over a day and the clip has broken already. So im looking for a decent carry/protective case and also a tripod. If anyone has any recommendations then please let me know as i cant find any decent ones online..

Thanks!
Sam
Old 19th February 2011
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Get in contact with John at Strut cases "Home", I know he is working on a case for the H4n at the moment, and from all accounts its quite creative in what he has done.
Old 19th February 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I keep my H4 in a mic bag, and use a small flexible tripod that can wrap around stuff and clamp on--handy for placement in odd spots, and not expensive.

The plastic case does stink. Anything else is an improvement.
The h4 is a nice bit of gear for what it does, though. I'm getting great results using it to record band rehearsals.

Rechargeable batts are a must for the H4 too. Why they didn't include a recharging pack built in is a mystery.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I picked up one of these:Pelican Products 1050 Micro Case

at a local camera store. It fits the H4n and the power cord. Can't fit the mic stand thing in there, but I just throw that in a backpack if I need it. I've also stuffed a windscreen in there with it as well.

Howie J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie J ➡️
I picked up one of these:Pelican*Products*1050*Micro Case

at a local camera store. It fits the H4n and the power cord. Can't fit the mic stand thing in there, but I just throw that in a backpack if I need it. I've also stuffed a windscreen in there with it as well.

Howie J
Its a shame i cant find any in the UK :( have you got a pic of yours in the case? Just so i can see the size etc
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
THIS is the best accessory I got for my H4N... Not a case, but made a BIG difference outside!
p.
I picked up a decent windshield from a trade show. Im in the UK and my friend is waiting on one of the redheads coming over. Could take anything up to a month to get here so needed one a bit quicker than that! lol
Old 20th February 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Blynk,

I'll put up a pic of my case with the Zoom in it if I get a chance tomorrow...

Howie J
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
You gotta have a fuzzy wind screen, though I did get a foam from a LDC (NT1a) to fit onto some models of hand recorders.

The other hard to find accessory is a shock mount.
I made one from 20oz soda bottle;
2 bands about 2.5 inches each, one slipped inside the other (just one was too floppy)
Gaffer taped onto the recorder (Tascam DR -01 or -07 in my case) & then that onto what I want to record from: bicycle, car or recently a row boat.

I carry some zip lock bags (gallon & 'sandwich' size) which I wrap & tape to cover as much of the recorder as I can - only one drowned recorder so far.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like the homemade shock mount! Clever idea.

A good windsock is definitely nice if you're using the built-ins for remote work.

I mostly run feeds into the H4 from SDCs or LDCs, or from a stereo board mix, so I'd rather see some kind of soft case that gives access to the buttons and LCD screen, but protects the guts better than the plastic shell alone--gel-skin armor like they have for ipods would be nice.

Anyone using the H4 with a boom setup? I'm imagining a light shoulder bag with foam cutouts that fit the H4 in a way that allows two XLR cables to be plugged in and secured, plus room for an accessory or two, extra batteries, so on. A small camera bag could be modded for this I guess. If I could shove my Grace Lunatec in there too, I'd be set. Too bad my H4 got no SPDIF.
Old 21st February 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Here are some pics of my H4n in it's case...You can see how close it fits in there. Pretty close fit. I was surprised when I tried it out at the store.

Howie J
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom H4n Accessories??-2.jpg   Zoom H4n Accessories??-4.jpg   Zoom H4n Accessories??-5.jpg   Zoom H4n Accessories??-6.jpg  
Old 22nd February 2011 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie J ➡️
Here are some pics of my H4n in it's case...You can see how close it fits in there. Pretty close fit. I was surprised when I tried it out at the store.

Howie J
Thats a snug fit! I may have to try find a dealer in the UK and get one!
Old 22nd February 2011 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
For windsheild accessories try Rycote, they have a great range. For storage, the Peli range of cases are brilliant and available in a range of sizes. www.solidstatesound.co.uk have some and a tripod.

I use a gorillapod with my H4 (original) and this works really well

Steve
Canbury Sound
Old 8th April 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
For those that use the Zoom H4n finally there is a use able case for the real world....
Lots of ways it can be used.. attaches to straps or the best thing it will wrap around a boom pole for location work.

Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom H4n Accessories??-img_0557.jpg  
Old 8th April 2011 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Rycote do a furry wind jammer for all of the small recorders and they also do a mini shock mount. The small peli case can be obtained from www.solidstatesound.co.uk and talk to Rodney.

hope this helps

Steve
📝 Reply