credits? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
credits?
Old 19th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
credits?

Usually I ask to be credited as:
Recorded by Paul Tumolo (Wildplum Recordings, Oakland, CA), assisted by…
Sometimes that's Recorded and mixed, sometimes Recorded, mixed and mastered, as appropriate.
Lately I've been thinking of changing things around, so that the credit would read:
Recorded by Wildplum Recordings, Oakland, CA, Recording Engineer: Paul Tumolo, Assistant Engineer: ...

How do the rest of you prefer to be credited? Or am I the only one vein enough to worry about such things?
Old 19th April 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Man, sometimes you're lucky if you even get credits...

IMO, it's all about how you want it to read. It also depends on how the rest of the credits read. Style is everything, so you don't want part of the credits to read one way and another part totally different.

If I cannot get the credits written how I like them, I look at how the credit roll reads.

My all time favorites are as follows...

Captured live aboard the Aura Sonic Mobile Unit by Steve Remote.
Assisted by et cetera, etc.

Or...

Recorded, Engineered and Mixed by Steve Remote aboard the Aura Sonic Mobile Unit.

If I'm also the producer is usually like to add it at the end of the credit line...

Recorded, Engineered, Mixed and Produced by Steve Remote aboard the Aura Sonic Mobile Unit.

But, everyone says, you must keep the producer credit separate.

Sometimes we list our crew individually based on their specific duties, giving each crew member a special tittle.

It's all good as long as they spell the names correctly.
Old 19th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Remoteness
It's all good as long as they spell the names correctly.

over here there's a guy called Chris LEmbrechts who isn't a recording engineer but like me also a percussion player. He's still active as a player ... I stopped playing years ago. We actually studied at the same conservatory with a couple of years in between us (he's older then me). Even now I still get questions like, 'hey ... did you play on that record ?' or someone will ask him 'hey, do you have a recording studio ?'

Kinda funny at times .......... and on occasion it has actually happened that they spelled either name as LEmbrechts or LAmbrechts.
Old 19th April 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
That must cause havoc on AllMusic.com
Old 1st August 2003
sometimes your very lucky to get credited properly. Then again there have been a few projects I've done where I could do without the credit.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…