Missing in action at the remote coral - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Missing in action at the remote coral
Old 3rd April 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Talking Missing in action at the remote coral

Hey people!

Where have you been? You're truly missed.
If you got a second, tell us what you have been up to.

The list of "missing in action" remote folk...

Sofa King >found
Tubelover
Brenton >found
recordista >found
kfledman
Dog BBQ
Kooster >found
gregrw >found
David R. >found
TinderArts >found
wildplum
Steve F
springman
mpdonahue
Lowdbrent >found
bjornson
cleantone >found
cajonezzz >found
postboy
7rojo7
to name a few...

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Still here....been busy building the mothership studio ....4 months in probably 2 weeks out.

My partner in the remote side (the guy that rolled the truck) is having a tough year...just got a kidney yanked out (big C ) last week. It came up REALLY fast. He's recouping well, has a lot of love and support and will start Chemo next week to get the remaining stuff. He's tough, exactly one week after the surgery he was doing a little session at his home studio....his attitude is really inspiring. All good will/prayers appreciated (Phil)

Anyhow Steve, we're lurking and very much in the game.
Old 3rd April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
jeez, give him our best, and keep us updated if ya can. Cancer sucks, and I hope he beats it back into the hole it crawled out of.
Old 6th April 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
MIA

Been up in the Berkshires putting together a project for some tape archiving (amongst other uses.)

Having trouble keeping up with all the web forae--missing those newsgroups and their speed.
Old 14th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've been around, but work's been the slower Dec-Mar period. I actually have had time to write the majority of what's going to be my own first music release. Hope to record and mix it by summer's end. When I have time to play, I spend much less time on the forums than when I'm doing usual stuff.

Well, thanks to the Earth's rotation, the good time of the year is here. Time to check everything out, fix what needs it, buy some new stuff and do some work.

I'm seriously looking at the new Genex 48 ch unit. Seems like it would be the ****!
Old 15th April 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I'm still around. With my sucky 9 to 5 job, the biz, and the February-weather-in-April, it's been a little rough.

I did a few live gigs, and am playing the sleazy salesman to try to get a few of *those* bands to do on-site stuff. Maybe someday I can tell my boss to shove it!

-GRW
Old 16th April 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Kooster Here
Boy have I been busy!!
I am commuting to Nashville every week to do a TV show called Nashville Star on USA Network. Still have three weeks left. Last week I had four shows back to back. I came in on Thursday and did Nashville Star (Live to Air on Saturday) then on Sunday went to the Gaylord Arena to do the live to air Flameworthy Awards (show was Monday night)on the MTV Audio truck R8 while my truck was on the street doing the The Flameworthy Pre Show. The Flameworthy show had 9 live bands with acts like Alan Jackson, Faith Hill, Kid Rock with Sheryl Crow, Shania Twain, Tim McGraw, etc... On Tuesday went directly into the Dove Awards which had 22 live acts in 2 hours. (the faders were flying!!) That show was on Thursday night live to tape. Again I was on MTV R8 for that show. Then on Friday I went back to Nashville Star for the rehearsals for the Saturday night live broadcast. Got home on Sunday and went right to the office to catch up on two weeks of bills and correspondences. I NEED A VACATION!! And I'm taking one as soon as this show is over. Melinda (my wife) and I are going to Europe to motorcycle through the Alps for 8 days. I can't wait.
Another bit of news I won my first Grammy for the movie soundtrack of "Standing In The Shadows of Motown". It is a movie about the Funk Brothers who was the backing musicians for all of the Motown artists. Finally they get the credit they deserve. I am very proud of that picture.
Well that's it for me. I really enjoy this board and read it when I can. I will try to not be a stranger.
Kooster
Old 17th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Missing in action at the remote coral

Quote:
Originally posted by Remoteness
Hey people!

Where have you been? You're truly missed.
If you got a second, tell us what you have been up to.

The list of "missing in action" remote folk...

Sofa King >found
Tubelover
Brenton >found
recordista >found
kfledman
Dog BBQ
Kooster >found
gregrw >found
David R. >found
TinderArts >found
wildplum
Steve F
springman
mpdonahue
Lowdbrent >found
bjornson
cleantone >found
cajonezzz >found
postboy
7rojo7
to name a few...

Thanks in advance.

Hello Steve! Hello Group!

Although I haven’t posted in a while I always check in to get valuable tips and insights this forum offers.
As I’ve mentioned in the role call a few months back, I'm not really a remote guy, I only do about 15-20 days a year on location. The rest of the time, I'm a studio rat, keeping my luxurious pasty complexion intact. Over the past few months we’ve been quite busy remodeling our studio, and finishing up the debut release for the band Mercury.

http://media.cdstreet.com/artists/12...a/paralyze.mp3

Hopefully it will be gracing your airwaves shortly, most likely being remixed by a 3 named engineer, giving it the “credibility so needed by new artists”.
Anyway….. Enough sarcasm
I promise I wont go M.I.A.!
Keep up the valuable tips and insights.

Take care,
Old 18th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I once was lost
But now I'm found
Was blind (and deaf, and dumb)
But now I seeeeeeeee.

My satelite recording has been slow, because of the in studio stuff.

Things are changing in my life, hopefully more recording will be a result.

I lurk, therefore we are.

Keep the faith, Steve.

Old 21st April 2003
Lowdbrent
I am here. Just busy. Sometime I will tell the story. Here are some picks of part of my rig, on-site. I am not sure if this will work, but here it goes.
Old 21st April 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Lowdbent,

Try it again, we see no pictures. We want to see your pictures!

If you need help attaching a picture, give us a chance to help you.
Old 22nd April 2003
Old 22nd April 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Been away from the computer for a few weeks at home doing paving and land scaping. I'm back now
Old 22nd April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I've been in front of monitors....dfegad

I will soon be transfering cassette master tapes of the Fusion group Schleigho (highly recomended!). recording of thier early (93-96) rehersals and performances before the oxide falls off...
📝 Reply