Quantcast
The fat lady has sung... - Page 6 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The fat lady has sung...
Old 22nd October 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Mike, the tide has GOT to turn for the better!

Good luck, keep a positive attitude and keep looking- at least, it sounds like you learned a lot from your experience, and will use that for landing on your feet.

And I have found there are a lot of jobs like the one posted- and many in university music programs for recording engineers, maybe a good transition before the next freelance position?

Warmest regards & tons of moral support!

JvB
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
stay up and whatever you do, pls don't burn your former employer publicly, no matter how much they deserve it. you wouldn't want to give anyone a reason to not hire you in the future plus its bad karma. totally sucks though i have been there brother, stay positive and good things will come to you.
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim vanBergen โžก๏ธ
Mike, the tide has GOT to turn for the better!

Good luck, keep a positive attitude and keep looking- at least, it sounds like you learned a lot from your experience, and will use that for landing on your feet.

And I have found there are a lot of jobs like the one posted- and many in university music programs for recording engineers, maybe a good transition before the next freelance position?

Warmest regards & tons of moral support!

JvB
Thanks, Jim. I will look at many University sites and other organizations that need my skill set. I did indeed learn a lot, it just cost me a great deal in money, time, and emotional grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufty โžก๏ธ
stay up and whatever you do, pls don't burn your former employer publicly, no matter how much they deserve it. you wouldn't want to give anyone a reason to not hire you in the future plus its bad karma. totally sucks though i have been there brother, stay positive and good things will come to you.
I have no desire to burn DPA what so ever, as they are not the problem and I still have the greatest respect for them and their products. The problem lies with 2 people within the organization. That's all I will say on that subject.
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe โžก๏ธ
Mike,

Sorry about what has happened to you. You really don't deserve the problems.

Take a deep breath, and think about where you want to be in 10 years and make it happen!

When I left my long term job 15 years ago I should have done some more serious thinking about where I wanted to be. As it turns out I did make some decisions that were not good for me but things have worked out and I am very happy doing what I am doing. This will all work out for you as well. Just take time to think and do some soul searching before you make the leap. You have lots of support from members of this forum and some possible job leads so you are already ahead of the game.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the good words, Thomas. I am continually amazed at the support and encouragement from all of you, despite the fact most of us have never met. It is deeply appreciated.
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hi Mike,

Just a couple more words of encouragement: I see a couple notes on your profile from someone else along these lines.. The more you believe you are defeated, the more you are defeated. The more you believe it's going to work out, the more it's going to work out. MAN I know it's tough, but get yourself out there and network. Put on your confident, happy face and make some calls.

Look up the local SR companies (Richter Scale and NFA come to mind), maybe you'll find the one who's desperate for someone experienced to fill in on short notice right away.. Long shot but maybe you'll be working this weekend if serendipity smiles upon you.... Not totally sure of your credentials or what you are looking for but assuming that any gig is a good gig at this point (if only because that's where most of us freelancers are these days). It's a small town, everyone knows everyone else and I bet a half dozen phone calls leads to *something*

Denver Event Production Companies - Denver.com

If I've experienced anything in my 15 years in Denver, it's that it's a trusting & friendly place where people will really go out of their way to help someone out, especially if you're new in town... I think it's all the sunshine. :-) best of luck and let me know how I can help.

~j
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
PM sent, Jim.
Old 24th October 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
man what a drag. good luck in your job hunt and future endeavors.
๐Ÿ“ Reply