The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
8ch. Mic pre-amp Edax Audio Labs - MAX-800, anybody with experience
Old 5th January 2009

🎧 15 years

Old 5th January 2009

🎧 15 years
I've never heard of them so I went and checked out their site. Very nice looking gear, looks to be very well built. They also have an excellent Web Site. Hopefully some fellow gearslutz will chime in here!
rjacobsen
Old 6th January 2009 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Let's hope so because these EDAX's are looking very promissing

Gaston
Old 12th April 2009

🎧 10 years
Exclamation

That company is bogus! If you send your money, you won´t get it back!
It is located in Mexico, so good luck in trying to get it back if you loose it...
I lost more than 1000 USD
Old 14th April 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerestad ➡️
It is located in Mexico, so good luck in trying to get it back if you loose it...
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure what happenned to you Oerestad but I can tell you that I bought from them and got the gear, which is excellent in a reasonable amount of time..... I advice to contact the designer, Benjamin, and talk to him about it and I'm sure you will get this solved in no time.
I can not recommend the gear more..... great value for the money.
Best,

Nick
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Sorry to hear this. I own some Edax products and never had a problem with Benjamin, the man behind Edax. delcosmos and other mexican fellas uses his products. Maybe he is slow sometimes, but he always deliver his products.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Same here.I own the mono channel version and all I can say is..it's a beauty!
talk to Benjamin,he's a cool guy who stands for his products.

cheers!
Sal V.
Old 20th May 2009 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
U can't go wrong with this one

Well I've just recently bought a Max-800 and it's one of the best preamps I have ever used. Silent, Warm and extremely easy to use. Add the fact that you have a Compressor and limiter per Chanel and this is heaven. Drums are really punchy and present. Plus Benjamin is such a great guy!!
Old 9th February 2011 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
EDAX Max 800

I've been using an EDAX Max 800 for 2 years now and have to say I absolutely love it. Extremely well built and superb value for money when you think that you get 8 high quality tube pre's, 8 comp/lims with a choice of optical or FET and dual outputs on each channel so you can send one into your DAW and the other into the cue.

I find the sound to be just right; definately know there's a bit of tube presence and warmth there but not overly so unless you drive the input hard and pull down on the gain. The comp/lims do what they say on the tin without too much fuss which makes this a useful unit for tracking drums.

I have used it for vocals, DI bass and guitars, accoustic, percussion and synths and it has sounded great on everything - they really deserve a look if you are considering multiple mic pre purchases.

I have dealt with Benjamin (owner of EDAX) and found him to be a really helpful and intelligent guy - he has strong original views on design so I would say these units are unlikely to be a soundalike for anything else. They are manufactured in Mexico. I bought mine through Funky Junk in London so have not purchased direct from their website but have had no bad experiences to date.
Old 19th October 2011 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
same here, Benjamin is very kind person and a professional...
Old 25th November 2011
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Strange thread..

One brand new GS member ragging the company that was mentioned.

A few brand new GS members defending the company

Then again, another brand new member, popping nto this thread just to say "hi" on his first post.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Not from Mexico but the Netherlands. Love these! As far as tubes go they are the opposite of Ridge Farm. The gascooker is full and can be driven to extreme saturated sounds. These are way cleaner but still a definite tube warmth that is amazing on bass and percussion. It is not a one trick pony though. I would feed anything into these.
A big thumps up for the max800.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…