He has some cool credits too...

Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
that one went into my bookmarks.
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
he's a nice guy too, he's been of help at the DUC when I was setting up my portable HD rig
Old 14th March 2003
jho
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah I think it was RTCSTUDIO that helped get him and myself into that portable setup. Some very helpful folks in that regard on the DUCS. While mine is not designed for portability, I have the Magma 4 slot with the two IBM firewire drives and HD3 in it.

What does everyone think of that turbo track ball? I have been hesitant to switch since I'm so used to mousing. What about grabbing audio, cut/paste etc etc is it really as fast as a mouse? and can you program those button for the edit tools, mix/edit wiindow, etc etc? That would be cool and closer than the buttons on my c24.
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Gearsluttiness to the Max!
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
RTC Studio has been one of my dearest friends for about 27 years now.

He is a remarkable combination of brains, talent, and above all, simply one of the finest of human beings.

He had his portable PTHD system over at my place for some mastering I did for him a couple of weeks ago. Very impressive and compact package.

And yes, for the record, he is a genius. Hey, his brother graduated #2 in his class from the Naval Academy in Annapolis and went on to become a nuclear reactor officer aboard submarines and later to design freaky military systems. Serious brainpower in the genes. Comparatively speaking, a sleek and compact PTHD rig is child's play, I suppose.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 15th March 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Awesome rig!

Excellent website!
Old 31st March 2003
Lowdbrent
Here is my remote rig...

Pro Tools HD3 Mobile DAW

Computer:
Mac Silver Face G4, dual 1GHz processors, 2GB RAM, Radeon video card, SCSI 128 card, ATA 80GB system drive, ATA 80GB drive, 22" Cinema Display, 2-Year Apple Care program, keyboard and mouse.

SCSI Storage:
Glyph Trip 4-bay rack, 73GB Cheetah 10k rpm drives (2), Sony AIT2 drive and an open bay. Includes Sony SDX2-50C tape (2).

Rack Hardware:
Marathon sliding rack rails, rack ears and Silver Face security panel.

Software:
OS 9.2.2, OS X, Pro Tools 5.3.1v2, Pro Tools 6.0, Waves Platinum Bundle V4.0, Digidesign HD3 Bundle V1, Digidesign Digirack. (see www.waves.com and www,digidesign.com for details), Mezzo 4.2, iLok, Digidesign Masterlist CD. iLok key is included and registered. Waves support of iLok is coming in weeks.

AC:
Surgex SX-1115R, APC 500, Woods power strips (3).

DAW Hardware:
Digidesign 192 I/O (2), Digidesign 192 A/D, Digidesign 192 D/A, Digidesign Sync I/O, Digidesign MIDI I/O.

Mic Preamps:
Digidesign Pre (3).

Monitors:
Mackie HR824 (2), Auratone QC66 (2), Sony MDR7506 (4), Furman HA6AB (2), Quik lok BS3300 stands (2), Mackie HR824 monitor bags (2).

Effects:
Peavey Kosmos.

Master Recorder:
Alesis Masterlink ML9600 V2.2 (30 Hour drive)

Equipment Racks:
SKB ATA 12-space shock mount racks (3), SKB ATA 4-space shock mount rack, SKB Briefcase, SKB Truck Trunk, Raxxess vent panels, 1 space (8), Raxxess vent panels. 2 space (2).

Microphones:
Shure SM58, Shure VP88, Shure Beta56 (2), Shure KSM109 (2).

Cables:
Digidesign Digilink 100' (2), Digidesign Digilink 12' (2), Digilink 1' (2), Serial 100', Serial 12', Cinema Display 10' extension. USB extensions (2). All DB cables are 25' lengths. DB25 to DB25 (3), DB25 to XLRM (3), DB25 to XLRF (3), DB25 to AES/EBU (1), DB25 to TRS (1), DB25 to TRS Insert (1). All mic cable is "quad" cable. Mic 100' (2), Mic 50' (4), Mic 25' (15). AES/EBU 25' (2), S/PDIF 10' (2), MIDI 25' (6). AC 20A 100', AC 25'.
Old 31st March 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Lowdbent,

Nice goin'! thumbsup

Show us afew pictures of your system...

Let us see your rigage.
Old 22nd April 2003
Lowdbrent
here is the link

http://homepage.mac.com/brenthandy/Menu1.html

I have upgraded to OS 10.2.5, I have Pro Tools 6.0.1, updated Waves Platinum to OS X 4.0, Mezzo 4.5 is ordered, All the Bomb Factory plug-ins are in. That's about it for now.

Thanks.

Brent
πŸ“ Reply