Quantcast
A day in the life! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A day in the life!
Old 13th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
A day in the life!

So i get a call from a potential client who wants to do a "remote recording".
I don't know him so I arrange a pre production meeting. when he arrives he explains that he needs to "remote record" a singer. I ask about codecs etc. and he says we can just use the phone, can i mic it up. I say "i can do even better with a telco box". He says great lets do it @7:00pm. So far so good.
he shows up and I thread up the 2" and ask for the ph# so I can test the setup. He says we have to wait for the client to call. And so we wait. At 7:15 I recieve a collect call from the computer representing a certain pennsylvania state correctional facility. Yea thats right, my "talent" is in PRISON! so i roll tape and hes rappin' but the BG noise is too loud for him to hear. so i suggest he call on a second line and i patch a second telco box for his stereo set of "headPHONES". now he can hear better and delivers a rousing verse and hook. I had to have him call back again just to record the computer disclaimer.... I'm going to start the track off with it heh
Old 14th February 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
That's a pretty wild story my man. yuktyy

Did you bill your client for the collect call?
Collect calls from prison usually cost much more then the discounted collect call plans...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…