Quantcast
Apogee MiniMe,how much do you like it? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee MiniMe,how much do you like it?
Old 12th December 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Apogee MiniMe,how much do you like it?

....and would you use it also in a record production?

did anyone try also the asio, and what latency do they reach on optimal machine?

hello everybody and thanks
Old 12th December 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
anyone.....yuktyy
Old 12th December 2002
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Hey there,

Thanks for posting about the mini-me.

I believe Jay Crouch had one for evaluation. I'm sure he will respond to your post, the next time he views the forum...

Hang in there. Sometimes it takes a day or so for people to reply.
Old 13th December 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
hey guys....

My good pal and neighbor Alex who comes here sometimes owns a mini-me, and I've done a few 2-tracks gigs with him and the apogee.

In short, it's an easy to use very good sounding unit. The mic pre's are crystal clear and have very good headroom - no highpass filters or anything though. The adc/clock section sounds really good - with selectable sample rates up to 96k - it can also function at 16-bit if you wish.

The box has a USB out for direct connectivity to computers, yet we have only used the AES and S/PDIF outs. One downside is that the unit has no clock i/o - so to use it in conjunction wtih your other converter inputs, you must have an AES or S/PDIF input available and be able to make that input your master clock source...

One downside is the the box design, for a "portable" unit, It uses a small wallwart type jack, the XLR combo jacks are not locking and it is long in depth as were the ad-500 and ad-1000

Another cool box out now of the similar is the Grace Design Lunatec V3 - there is no USB connectivity yet I've been told it may be offered as a future upgrade offer..

How many people out there would dig a portable 2-channel preamp and ADC that they could use for the variety of gigs - like portable 2-track remotes, or just taking out with a laptop for easy overdub sessions?

Alex uses his mini-me with a pair of Neumann tlm-170s for stereo recording and I must say the results are quite pleasing

Anyone else use one and toy with the USB? Alex?
Old 14th December 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
thanks to everybody.

today i ordered it.
πŸ“ Reply