Quantcast
how do you mix space in your live mix! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
how do you mix space in your live mix!
Old 1st December 2002
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Question how do you mix space in your live mix!

how do you mix the night, the vibe, the air - into your live mix...
Attached Thumbnails
how do you mix space in your live mix!-no-frampton.jpg  
Old 3rd December 2002
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
sorry, mabye you did'nt get the makeshift anti-framton poster above. That's just all about live recordings being what they should, and not a studio cut with overdubs and faded in crowd...

I'd like to dig deep and find out what ya'll do for your stereo perspective (unless you don't give a darm about stereo), since we all know that one of the best ways to help re- recreate a show is the use of the stereo field. Use of the stereo field can give the lister a sense of space, a sense of depth into the recording, and the general directions of the sounds to where they could be in a room....

so then why just mix it like a record plus crowd?

some may find a need to mix a certain way as per what the label wants, wanting to let it rock over the FM waves...

I want some people to speak up and let us know how and why they make their live mixes all that they can be...
Old 3rd December 2002
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Hmmm, that's assuming that you have the option of limiting it in your mix in the first place ?

I've been working with 2 stereo pairs and in small venues where there's no real isolation from the crowd even if you try. IF the front pair are going to be responsible for any significant part of the bands sound, and not just the room, then I go for a tighter config with those mics, a more mono and focused sound there. I have the option to change it after I'm done if I use and XY config and matrix later. The second pair in the room are further back and that's where I run ORFT for a bigger image of the room.

No revelations here, just standard stuff, so I don't know it I'm any help.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…