The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking back...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looking back...

I found the LP liner below as I was packing up my LPs for an upcoming move. It is likely from the mid-late '60s... just about the time my Dad bought a large Magnavox Stereo FM/AM radio/turntable "home entertainment" system for the living room at the parsonage. It was protecting a RCA release, likely Perry Como or the New Glenn Miller Orchestra, and the writer took great pains to explain to the "common folks" just what "stereophonic sound" was all about, and how it was created, and "worked". I bought my first stereo LP in 1967 or so, and it was a match made in heaven. I hope the photo will be large enough the read some of the copy. I was able to enlarge it sufficiently on my older MacBook Pro by clicking on/selecting the picture using "command/+" out to the maximum enlargement, and it was readable.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking back...-img_2277.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbphotoav ➡️
I found the LP liner below as I was packing up my LPs for an upcoming move. It is likely from the mid-late '60s... just about the time my Dad bought a large Magnavox Stereo FM/AM radio/turntable "home entertainment" system for the living room at the parsonage. It was protecting a RCA release, likely Perry Como or the New Glenn Miller Orchestra, and the writer took great pains to explain to the "common folks" just what "stereophonic sound" was all about, and how it was created, and "worked". I bought my first stereo LP in 1967 or so, and it was a match made in heaven. I hope the photo will be large enough the read some of the copy. I was able to enlarge it sufficiently on my older MacBook Pro by clicking on/selecting the picture using "command/+" out to the maximum enlargement, and it was readable.
Thanks for sharing. We had a Magnavox console stereo as well. As a young lad, it wasn't long before I discovered you could remove the screws from the particleboard back to get at the inner workings- that's how it all started, I guess.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That’s not a bad technical summary, pitched about right in terms of complexity for the average interested audio buyer of the era. I guess by the CD age they simply called it “perfect sound forever” and left it at that…!

Says something about technical literacy of the general population perhaps (or an estimation of it by manufacturers and marketers) ?
📝 Reply