The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Zoom F6 Field Recorder
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
One other tidbit: The Zoom F6/F8 can also work as a USB audio interface by installing proper drivers. Instructions are in the manual.

I have successfully used my F8 as an interface to my Windows 11 PC and into Studio One DAW. With an F6, you will get six high quality XLR inputs for recording, which is enough for a decent band recording with the right mic setup. This capability is great and eliminates the requirement to buy a dedicated multi-input interface if this use case is in your future. Unlike a dedicated interface, the Zoom F6/F8 will let you track either in your home "studio" (to PC) or at a gig (without having to mess with a laptop).

If you can afford the F8, go for it because the extra two XLRs will be very handy for a band recording.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukiah Bass ➡️
One other tidbit: The Zoom F6/F8 can also work as a USB audio interface by installing proper drivers. Instructions are in the manual.

I have successfully used my F8 as an interface to my Windows 11 PC and into Studio One DAW. With an F6, you will get six high quality XLR inputs for recording, which is enough for a decent band recording with the right mic setup. This capability is great and eliminates the requirement to buy a dedicated multi-input interface if this use case is in your future. Unlike a dedicated interface, the Zoom F6/F8 will let you track either in your home "studio" (to PC) or at a gig (without having to mess with a laptop).

If you can afford the F8, go for it because the extra two XLRs will be very handy for a band recording.
I will probably just stick with my existing (3rd gen) 2i2 on my desktop computer as it seems to have somewhat better headphone outputs plus 2 instrument inputs. The F8n is a superior product in both regards, but I just had to stop spending money at some point :-)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLeeNC ➡️
I will probably just stick with my existing (3rd gen) 2i2 on my desktop computer as it seems to have somewhat better headphone outputs plus 2 instrument inputs. The F8n is a superior product in both regards, but I just had to stop spending money at some point :-)
…. Stop? Spending money on new gear? What is this, Soviet Russia?
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2070lplaya ➡️
…. Stop? Spending money on new gear? What is this, Soviet Russia?
Closer than you suspect - my goto mic set is a pair of Oktava MK-012's :-)

dave
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLeeNC ➡️
Closer than you suspect - my goto mic set is a pair of Oktava MK-012's :-)

dave
Yes, and really really want one of these, right?
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjazzdad ➡️
Yes, and really really want one of these, right?
Jim, all I have to say is это довольно круто .

dave
📝 Reply