https://savantaudiolabs.com/

I will DL the demo and give it a whirl…
Anybody else tried it out yet?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
interesting...

...but before i try, i'd like to know whether this is legit (possibly not: not even sensible contact information?) or just a modern rip-off now that 'wolf' is no longer amongst us to fight the counterfeits?!

(i've got the original qrs, 2402 and 2496 here btw)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Will taste and see.

Pls. stand by. . .
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush ➡️
Will taste and see.

Pls. stand by. . .
Excited to hear your thoughts on this one. There is a lot of excitement over in the new product thread, I am looking for some critical analysis.
Old 4 weeks ago
I too am waiting to hear what Plush has to say, but I did test the plugin against my standards. While I do not think it has quite the same realism of inspirata or acustica silver, it does have a unique signature and sounds quite effective. It is certainly worth a bit of time to evaluate, and the price is very low considering its competition. The head to head shootout files against the hardware bricasti unit on the savant labs website were pretty convincing.

Last edited by jnorman; 4 weeks ago at 11:44 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
It emulates an older QUANTEC version

Tested this thing and it is very good. However, when reading about what Savant says about their plug-in I find that they have emulated a Quantec version from 25 years ago, not the current
QUANTEC Yardstick 24/96 that I have.

The developers mentioned that it would take 12 times the amount of computer power to model the current QUANTEC Yardstick hardware version as they are using in this plug-in.

Savant says:

"The underlying algorithm of the original 1980s German room simulator remains largely unchanged. The principle difference between the original hardware and subsequent generations is due to its operating sample rate of 20,000 Hz, and to a lesser extent, its AD/DA converters and analogue components. As subsequent generations used higher sample rates, the resonant modes of the room were gradually shifted higher. The original 1980s hardware offered different room sizes, while the 1990s hardware (and Quantum 2772 Evolution) are fixed at a single room size."

QUANTEC Yardstick 24/96 hardware offers many more sounds than this latest plug-in and the hardware is by far more sophisticated sounding (can't tell it's a reverb when listening) than the Sequenza plug-in.

Nevertheless, a valuable addition to the reverb stable.

If you want a real QUANTEC contact Roland Storch at Adebar Acoustics in Germany. The value of the Euro has never been lower in comparison to the US dollar.

http://www.adebar-acoustics.de/

Roland is the best way to get a QUANTEC as direct communication with QUANTEC in Munich is haphazard.

Last edited by Plush; 3 weeks ago at 02:27 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush ➡️
Tested this thing and it is very good. However, when reading about what Savant says about their plug-in I find that they have emulated a Quantec version from 25 years ago, not the current
QUANTEC Yardstick 24/96 that I have.

The developers mentioned that it would take 12 times the amount of computer power to model the current QUANTEC Yardstick hardware version as they are using in this plug-in.

Savant says:

"The underlying algorithm of the original 1980s German room simulator remains largely unchanged. The principle difference between the original hardware and subsequent generations is due to its operating sample rate of 20,000 Hz, and to a lesser extent, its AD/DA converters and analogue components. As subsequent generations used higher sample rates, the resonant modes of the room were gradually shifted higher. The original 1980s hardware offered different room sizes, while the 1990s hardware (and Quantum 2772 Evolution) are fixed at a single room size."

QUANTEC Yardstick 24/96 hardware offers many more sounds than this latest plug-in and the hardware is by far more sophisticated sounding (can't tell it's a reverb when listening) than the Sequenza plug-in.

Nevertheless, a valuable addition to the reverb stable.

If you want a real QUANTEC contact Roland Storch at Adebar Acoustics in Germany. The value of the Euro has never been lower in comparison to the US dollar.

http://www.adebar-acoustics.de/

Roland is the best way to get a QUANTEC as direct communication with QUANTEC in Munich is haphazard.
I tryied to contact Roland Storch at Adebar Acoustics, and have no response. Now I’m waiting to get one directly from Quantec.
📝 Reply