New Recording Gadget - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Recording Gadget
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
New Recording Gadget

I use Reaper on a MacBook Pro as a backup/playback recorder. I have always made it a practice to NEVER play back the master recording and actually have play back locked out on my JoeCo dedicated recorder.

If I am taking notes for the producer, and listening to PFLs, monitoring the PDDante or whatever, it was always a chore to drop markers on the time-line in the Reaper app.

Enter the AirTurn BT200S-2. A wireless (bluetooth) midi foot switch that will drop a marker (emulate an "M" keystroke) on the Reaper timeline every time I step on the switch. And you know what? It works like a charm.

https://www.airturn.com/products/air...s-2-controller

No affiliation. Just a happy customer.

Not for everyone I'm sure but a cool tool for the way I like to work.

D.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Way cool--and cheap too! I take it that the thing can be programmed to output various keybd etc commands, that is pretty sweet.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
More like Reaper can be programed to perform a midi keyboard commands by using this pedal.

Not sure about other DAW key commands but it will turn score pages on iPads using IOS apps, its original intent I think.

Great folks at the company as well.

D.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Smart! I have one of these that I picked up to turn pages on an iPad app, but I didn't think of using it for this purpose too. Thanks!

-Mike
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourtelot ➑️
I use Reaper on a MacBook Pro as a backup/playback recorder. I have always made it a practice to NEVER play back the master recording and actually have play back locked out on my JoeCo dedicated recorder.
Curious why you never play back the master recording? Is this just a hold over from the tape days? Have you had problems with the hard drive or SSD on a computer failing because of playback?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler ➑️
Curious why you never play back the master recording? Is this just a hold over from the tape days? Have you had problems with the hard drive or SSD on a computer failing because of playback?
Certainly has to do with a holdover from the tape days, but I also have always considered it prudent not to mess with the active recording device any more than absolutely necessary, because, well, why take the chance?

D.
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Just to circle back, my BT200S-2 came in and I had some questions about hooking it up to Reaper. The videos helped a lot but I had some specific questions for AirTurn tech support. The tech guy was awesome and when we were done, he exclaimed "That was so easy to hook the pedal up to Reaper. Easier than any of the others."

And true enough, super simple for Reaper. I use the right button to drop markers and the left button to put Reaper into record. Easy-peasy.

D.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…