Quantcast
Audio Interface in 2022 - Antelope, RME? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audio Interface in 2022 - Antelope, RME?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Audio Interface in 2022 - Antelope, RME?

I might be finally upgrading my trusty TC studiokonnekt 48 this year and I am looking at Antelope Orion Studio Synergy or Discrete 8 Synergy (if the sound quality is equal among them, only the latter having less functions and preamps, which I am fine with... or RME UFX+ which is not available at the moment.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with both and how is it soundwise, etc. Or any other options in this price range... around 2-3k max.

I am rather happy, with my combination of TC SK48, Neve 4081 and DAV BG1U... (Neve will have to go if I upgrade), but the fw TC interface is not supported anymore and seems a bit unstable on Win11...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I have a Zen Tour I'm happy with. And an RME Babyface I've not used much yet.

RME is the gold standard in supporting their gear for years and years in terms of software updates.

At one time Antelope is the poster child for borked support, but they've been doing fine in the last couple years.

I dislike RME Total Mix, but many love it. I'd take a look at that before deciding.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Thanks for an idea, but I think the dillema is solved... I am Nuendo user and since I was a bit "sleepy" with upgrades of any equipment for a while - I completely missed that Steinberg has an excellent interface - AXR4U. I think it has a perfect price-performance ration for me and all the functionality I need.
I am sure it is quality enough for high end acoustic recordings.
๐Ÿ“ Reply