Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourtelot ➡️
I'm tired, ladies and gentlemen.

Happy f'ing New Year.

D.
yeah man, some of the musicians I used to depend on for recording gigs refuse to get Covid shots, and can't have them spitting on microphones. Even setting up outside is dangerous. New Covid variant can spread with a cough in the wind. It ain't worth it. Just pack your gear away safely and keep your network happening, but at a distance. Don't give up yet
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I'm tired, ladies and gentlemen.

Happy f'ing New Year.

D.
bummer dude. Same here.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by philper ➡️
bummer dude. Same here.
Shaping up the same here in Australia for the foreseeable future...everyone, get your 3rd (or 4th) shot so it doesn't cancel your year
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 ➡️
Shaping up the same here in Australia for the foreseeable future...everyone, get your 3rd (or 4th) shot so it doesn't cancel your year
….. or your ticket ☠️.

And always use an N95 or equivalent mask.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkie ➡️
….. or your ticket ☠️.

And always use an N95 or equivalent mask.
Exactly....it's gotta be a high-spec air filtration model for this variant-wave !

Why haven't Rycote given us a wearable fluffy windjammer version....a golden sales opportunity lost
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Still waiting for a client to make up his mind if we are going to do a commercial for him. Says he has to 'think about the risk from COVID-19" before he can commit to the filming. Not sure how long we will have to wait for an answer as Ohio is one of the most affected states.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
had the new year's concert not been recorded weeks ago and played live, i don't think it could have been broadcast: too many folks got the new bug...

stay safe!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sitting here waiting with baited breath for the next shoe to drop. I'm supposed to leave to go back to the tour at the end of the month. Shop prep starts on the 27th, and we open February 24th in Syracuse.

Hoping that things settle down by then and we don't hit any more major outbreaks. I know that we are going to be testing every single day. Not looking forward to that.

Don't know what I'll do if things shut down again. Probably leave the business and go to truck driving school.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Many people I know have barely worked in two years.
If you live and work in the UK/Europe, just the uncertainty and ever changing travel rules make it virtually impossible to plan any gig and successfully go ahead with it.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler ➡️
Probably leave the business and go to truck driving school.
Truck driving gets boring real fast. Ask me how I know.

D.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Truck driving gets boring real fast. Ask me how I know.

D.
Yeah... but not eating regularly can also get... tiresome.

And delivery drivers are still in short supply, it seems.

Driving is something both I and my son love to do. It has remained a potential harbor for income should his e-Bay business falter (no signs so far) or our SocSec income prove insufficient to need. I'm comfy with a 16' trailer and a large diesel pickup, or with box trucks (I owned and operated a 24' GMC for 15 years for large A/V show clients)... but we're both hoping to hang on without having to play that card.

I do miss traveling out-of-state, doing interesting work for people I enjoy hanging with for a week or two a month, though. Unrequited wanderlust is a mama dog.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbphotoav ➡️
Yeah... but not eating regularly can also get... tiresome.

And delivery drivers are still in short supply, it seems.
For me, it's more about trying to keep my health insurance. My IA local doesn't yet offer health benefits (I'm trying to change that but it's going to take a couple of years to roll through all our different contracts).

There's enough work here for me to stay fed and pay the bills, but I don't have a good other option for insurance at this point. I'm very, very lucky that the International managed to keep our health insurance going through this whole shut down.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Not having health insurance is a very bad thing. Good luck to your local in getting management to pay their fair share.

D.
📝 Reply