Quantcast
2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio

Back in September, we were asked to record the two main stages for the 2021 Montclair Jazz Festival. This year, They took over downtown, Montclair, NJ and set up four stages on Bloomfield Avenue from Grove Street to Midland Avenue.

This was a single day, travel, load-in, set-up, sound check and live performance recording. We recorded five bands per stage, and I mixed all ten sets for this upcoming radio broadcast on SiriusXM. It can be heard on channel 67. (See '2021 MJF Schedule for Stages 1&3 performance details.)

We had 'Big Bertha' recording rig at the Fullerton Stage, and The 6400 recording rig at the Lackawanna Main Stage which was where I was stationed.

The wonderful folks at Jazz House Kids have confirmed times for the 2021 Montclair Jazz Festival broadcast on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio!

If you want to check out these awesome live performance sets, consider tuning in from 6pm-9pm on December 31st, plus 3am-10am, 12pm-4pm, and 9pm-12am on January 1st.

Here are a few images for your review...
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-one-two-offices-aurasonic-team-were-occupying-during-2021-montclairjazzfestival.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-fullertonstagerig.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-2021-mjf-wideshot.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-we-cradled-pno-mics-both-stages.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-christian-mcbride-all-stars1.jpg  

2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-christian-mcbride-all-stars2.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-christian-mcbride-all-stars3.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-christian-mcbride-all-stars4.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-lackawanna-stage-track-assignments.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-fullerton-stage-track-assignments.jpg  

2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-2021-mjf-schedule-stages-1-3.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-2021-mjf-stage-1-layout.jpeg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-2021-mjf-stage-3-layout.jpeg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-2021-mjf-site-layout-wide.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #2
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Many of the images I posted are shots I took of my video monitor at my station.

Here are a few more...
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-0925212043b-01.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-0925212015b-01.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-0925212027d-01.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 
James Lehmann's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Totally awesome Steve - will try to tune in.

Does the station stream their shows and is it available outside the USA?

But most importantly - is that a duct tape 'shock-mount' for your 414s????
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
As I mentioned, there were ten bands performing that day.

I only have a select few. Here are two more for your review...
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-img_2378-01.jpg   2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-img_8443.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #5
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann ➑️
Totally awesome Steve - will try to tune in.

Does the station stream their shows and is it available outside the USA?

But most importantly - is that a duct tape 'shock-mount' for your 414s????
SiriusXM provides service only in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada. The service blocks access to its streaming service from selected countries for security reasons. That said, you can stream SiriusXM outside the US using a VPN.

Nope, no duct tape, either "pure" or "impure" was used in the cradling of those piano microphones. We used professional Gaffer's Tape. We don't leave home without it.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #6
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness ➑️
Back in September, we were asked to record the two main stages for the 2021 Montclair Jazz Festival. This year, They took over downtown, Montclair, NJ and set up four stages on Bloomfield Avenue from Grove Street to Midland Avenue.

This was a single day, travel, load-in, set-up, sound check and live performance recording. We recorded five bands per stage, and I mixed all ten sets for this upcoming radio broadcast on SiriusXM. It can be heard on channel 67. (See '2021 MJF Schedule for Stages 1&3 performance details.)

We had 'Big Bertha' recording rig at the Fullerton Stage, and The 6400 recording rig at the Lackawanna Main Stage which was where I was stationed.

The wonderful folks at Jazz House Kids have confirmed times for the 2021 Montclair Jazz Festival broadcast on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio!

If you want to check out these awesome live performance sets, consider tuning in from 6pm-9pm on December 31st, plus 3am-10am, 12pm-4pm, and 9pm-12am on January 1st.

Here are a few images for your review...
We set up Audio World right behind the Main Stage. Video village set up just behind us.

Here's a shot looking at both departments...
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Montclair Jazz festival on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio-25226-01-01.jpeg  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #7
Here for the gear
 
Jazz festival

Real Jazz is a Sirius XM Satellite Radio station devoted to traditional jazz, contemporary jazz and bebop music. It can be heard on XM channel 67.
IndigoCard
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness ➑️
We set up Audio World right behind the Main Stage. Video village set up just behind us.

Here's a shot looking at both departments...
was the video setup similar on the other stage you recorded
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #9
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshawn ➑️
Real Jazz is a Sirius XM Satellite Radio station devoted to traditional jazz, contemporary jazz and bebop music. It can be heard on XM channel 67.
now i need to find someone with this subscription
Old 4 weeks ago
  #10
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness ➑️
Back in September, we were asked to record the two main stages for the 2021 Montclair Jazz Festival. This year, They took over downtown, Montclair, NJ and set up four stages on Bloomfield Avenue from Grove Street to Midland Avenue.

This was a single day, travel, load-in, set-up, sound check and live performance recording. We recorded five bands per stage, and I mixed all ten sets for this upcoming radio broadcast on SiriusXM. It can be heard on channel 67. (See '2021 MJF Schedule for Stages 1&3 performance details.)

We had 'Big Bertha' recording rig at the Fullerton Stage, and The 6400 recording rig at the Lackawanna Main Stage which was where I was stationed.

The wonderful folks at Jazz House Kids have confirmed times for the 2021 Montclair Jazz Festival broadcast on Real Jazz with Mark Ruffin on SiriusXM Radio!

If you want to check out these awesome live performance sets, consider tuning in from 6pm-9pm on December 31st, plus 3am-10am, 12pm-4pm, and 9pm-12am on January 1st.

Here are a few images for your review...
which were your favorite band sets on this gig
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #11
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic ➑️
was the video setup similar on the other stage you recorded
I never made it to the Fullerton Stage, but I understand there was a similar set up.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #12
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic ➑️
which were your favorite band sets on this gig
All of them were great sets, but my favorite performances were as follows:
  • Faculty Collective Big Band were tight and sounded huge.
  • Alicia Olatuja was outstanding on so many levels.
  • Emmet Cohen Trio were fabulous.
  • Christian McBride All-Stars were tremendous.

That being said, all the bands were fantastic.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 35 views: 10653
Avatar for Beermaster
Beermaster 1st February 2010
replies: 0 views: 2548
Avatar for minime123
minime123 23rd January 2013
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump