Quantcast
Amazing much? - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Amazing much?
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I'd like to direct everyone's attention to a photo from the article I posted showing the scale of the 200' broadcast antenna relative to the deck where the recording was made if I am understanding where all this took place. And the photo is pretty much centered on the base---not the mast.

https://www.enr.com/ext/resources/Is...5678&width=900
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyrocks ➡️
I'd like to direct everyone's attention to a photo from the article I posted showing the scale of the 200' broadcast antenna relative to the deck where the recording was made if I am understanding where all this took place. And the photo is pretty much centered on the base---not the mast.

Like Godzilla looming over your Deck !!! nice pic
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
It's an amazing photograph that really shows off the scale of the antenna mast relative to the top of the building. There has to be an equally amazing story how this photo was made.

The mast and the 200' antenna would be awe inspiring if they were at ground level, but the thought that they are 1,250 feet in the air is just about more than I can comprehend.

With all the various radio and TV broadcasts going on, there has to be some extremely sophisticated engineering in place just so they are able to broadcast clean channels.

One has to wonder what they have planned for the 100th anniversary of the building. Given the incredible history of the Empire State Building, what can one possibly do to celebrate that kind of story?
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Quote:

The photo from the article you posted blows me away!

Yes indeed, the deck is exactly where the recording took place.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
"The building’s large antenna was originally designed to be a dirigible mast and the observation deck was for passengers boarding and exiting."
https://hdc.org/buildings/empire-state-building/
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
I remember seeing a documentary about that. It never worked out due to the wind conditions at that altitude. It turned out to be an extremely dangerous situation.

Quote:
"The building’s large antenna was originally designed to be a dirigible mast and the observation deck was for passengers boarding and exiting."
https://hdc.org/buildings/empire-state-building/
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Here's a few cool drone shots taken during the live performance...

Quote:
It's an amazing photograph that really shows off the scale of the antenna mast relative to the top of the building. There has to be an equally amazing story how this photo was made.

The mast and the 200' antenna would be awe inspiring if they were at ground level, but the thought that they are 1,250 feet in the air is just about more than I can comprehend.

With all the various radio and TV broadcasts going on, there has to be some extremely sophisticated engineering in place just so they are able to broadcast clean channels.

One has to wonder what they have planned for the 100th anniversary of the building. Given the incredible history of the Empire State Building, what can one possibly do to celebrate that kind of story?
Attached Thumbnails
Amazing much?-nj-esb-yt-07-01.jpg   Amazing much?-nj-esb-yt-01-01.jpg   Amazing much?-nj-esb-yt-08-01.jpg  
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness ➡️
Here's a few cool drone shots taken during the live performance...
how did you get access to those images
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
I screen grabbed them from the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic ➡️
how did you get access to those images
📝 Reply