Quantcast
DPA 4060 recorder or transmitter - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DPA 4060 recorder or transmitter
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
DPA 4060 recorder or transmitter

I have a DPA 4060 with a DAD6034 connector(Sennheiser EW Series) But I need a wireless transmitter or a small recorder and I’m on a budget.

I wanted to buy a ZOOM F2 but it seems like most recorders don't deliver enough power, including the ZOOM F2?

I’ve read that the DPA requires 5-10v and most systems only deliver 2,5v so do you have any suggestions as to what I should buy to have a solid(budget) system?

Best Regards
Johan
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Would something like Tentacle Sync's Tentacle Track E work for you?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHeath ➡️
Would something like Tentacle Sync's Tentacle Track E work for you?
I think so, but it's a bit expensive in Denmark where I live, so it would be nice to know for sure before I buy if there is nothing else?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanRG ➡️
I think so, but it's a bit expensive in Denmark where I live, so it would be nice to know for sure before I buy if there is nothing else?
Although I prefer Ambient for timecode, I also have a couple Tentacle Sync E timecode generators [1]. And I do fully trust Tentacle Sync. I also use the DPA 4060/6060; but run them into Audio Ltd. A10 transmitters.

While I dislike all budget and moderate wireless systems I've tried, I do expect there to be good budget options for on-body recording. I just haven't enough knowledge outside of high-end options to comment. Apologies.

In the states, I would be inclined to call Gotham Sound in NY and ask them for advice?

Best wishes,

Ray H.

[1] I prefer Ambient for their networking functionality, build quality, and long experience. But the Tentacle Sync E devices have never let me down.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You are right that most budget recorders/transmitters don't give 5v, so if this reduces your options too much and you want to stick with a DPA lav, why not use a 4063? If budget is very tight, sell the 4060 and buy a used 4063!

Cheers,

Roland
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
https://rode.com/microphones/wireless/wirelessgoii

For not big distances this works well, and while the inbuilt mic is more suited to speech, its possible to plug in a lav mic of your choice to each Tx unit, for independent 2 channel operation.

It also records about 7 hours of uncompressed wav audio onto the TX devices (in addition to transmitting at the same time)....so you're completely dropout proof.

You can also record at 12dB lower level simultaneously, so overload proof on the output (though it's still possible to overload the input at the mic end)

If this sounds like your sort of use-case, it's worth investigating
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
with the dpa phantom power adapter, you could use pretty much any (used) preamp or phantom power unit and then feed the signal into whatever portable device.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 ➡️
https://rode.com/microphones/wireless/wirelessgoii

For not big distances this works well, and while the inbuilt mic is more suited to speech, its possible to plug in a lav mic of your choice to each Tx unit, for independent 2 channel operation.

It also records about 7 hours of uncompressed wav audio onto the TX devices (in addition to transmitting at the same time)....so you're completely dropout proof.

You can also record at 12dB lower level simultaneously, so overload proof on the output (though it's still possible to overload the input at the mic end)

If this sounds like your sort of use-case, it's worth investigating
Ray, if the OP sticks with the DPA 4060 this isn't a great solution: there is no spec for the PIP voltage, but - as the OP anticipated - like most of these budget devices it is low. In this case I have just measured it at 3.15v. As for the onboard mics, they don't seem very different than other budget lav mics.

Cheers,

Roland
📝 Reply