Quantcast
Neumann Km-183 + Rode M5 for organ (example) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann Km-183 + Rode M5 for organ (example)
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Neumann Km-183 + Rode M5 for organ (examples)

Here's a small examples of recording which I did in my church the other day with my Neumann Km-183 and Rode M5. I'm using Zoom H6.
  • Rode M5 = ORTF - distance 150cm from the organ (center) - height 250cm
  • Neumann Km-183 = A-B with 80cm spacing - distance 400cm from the organ (close to the center of the building, not center of the organ) - height 270cm

What do you think of the sound?
Attached Thumbnails
Neumann Km-183 + Rode M5 for organ (example)-dsc_1279.jpg  
Attached Files

Last edited by Falcon1; 4 weeks ago at 04:14 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon1 ➡️
Here's a small examples of recording which I did in my church the other day with my Neumann Km-183 and Rode M5. I'm using Zoom H6.
  • Rode M5 = ORTF - distance 150cm from the organ (center) - height 250cm
  • Neumann Km-183 = A-B with 80cm spacing - distance 400cm from the organ (close to the center of the building, not center of the organ) - height 270cm

What do you think of the sound?
The room hasn't the best acoustics but all over I think it is a nice recording. First track at 1.32 the trumpet sticks a bit out, maybe you can try something to smooth that out a bit.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgeltonmeister ➡️
The room hasn't the best acoustics but all over I think it is a nice recording. First track at 1.32 the trumpet sticks a bit out, maybe you can try something to smooth that out a bit.
That's true, it's probably not the easiest building to work with.

The trumpet sometimes sticks out in real life so I think the recording is true to that but I would be interested to know how I could smooth it out in post. Not sure how I can do that, maybe lower the volume?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon1 ➡️
That's true, it's probably not the easiest building to work with.

The trumpet sometimes sticks out in real life so I think the recording is true to that but I would be interested to know how I could smooth it out in post. Not sure how I can do that, maybe lower the volume?
When you record again there, try to put a piece of foam sticked to a microphone boom/stand in front where the sounds leaves the organ, and obstruct the soundwave from coming direct into you microphones. Or ring the organbuilder to reintonate the reed.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgeltonmeister ➡️
When you record again there, try to put a piece of foam sticked to a microphone boom/stand in front where the sounds leaves the organ, and obstruct the soundwave from coming direct into you microphones. Or ring the organbuilder to reintonate the reed.
or, be really original, and leave it be, thats how it was voiced to sound in the building. I know a lot of olde English organs (both modern replica's and original Drake type organs) often had a prominent reed stop in the ruckpositiv/chaire case,
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
This isn't a stop which I use often so reintonation is not an priority. I think I will just need to accept it as is or find away to smooth it out in the computer.
📝 Reply