Quantcast
Re: Panning the Decca tree + 2 outriggers according to the book - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Re: Panning the Decca tree + 2 outriggers according to the book
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Re: Panning the Decca tree + 2 outriggers according to the book

I've attached the diagram which shows how to pan the LCR Tree + Two Outriggers.

The question I have is:

Is the top of this diagram the result of panning the bottom recipes? Specifically I am using protools..

I am unfamiliar with using sends to create a stereo bus using mono channels. I am sure this must be the way to do it on a mixing board
Attached Thumbnails
Re: Panning the Decca tree + 2 outriggers according to the book-img_1688.jpg  
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Because there’s no consistent standard between DAWs for how a pan pot quantifies exactly where it is, and because not all DAWs and consoles have the same pan laws, John has given the target levels, as well as some popular DAW equivalents, which he no doubt tested.

On an unknown mixer, one can use a precision meter on the stereo mix bus, and a signal generator on an input, to find the necessary settings on the pan pots. Flip on the generator and pan the channel until you find that difference value between the two channels on your stereo bus meter.

I don’t see a reason why you need to use an aux to do this, unless you want a single fader to control the entire tree or tree-and-outriggers array (as opposed to using groups or channel linking). But to do so, you would make a stereo aux channel in protools, and route your tree channel outputs to it. Panning will be the same whether you’re using the stereo master bus or a sub mix/aux/etc bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickett ➡️
I've attached the diagram which shows how to pan the LCR Tree + Two Outriggers.

The question I have is:

Is the top of this diagram the result of panning the bottom recipes? Specifically I am using protools..

I am unfamiliar with using sends to create a stereo bus using mono channels. I am sure this must be the way to do it on a mixing board
📝 Reply