Quantcast
Amp options for passive monitors? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Amp options for passive monitors?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Amp options for passive monitors?

Aloha, I live in my camper which has a 12v solar setup and a step-up converter which can go up to 30v. I'm looking for a good solution to power a pair of KRK R6's (link) from DC power with low power consumption.

Reaching out to see if anyone has any ideas...and if anyone has any knowledge or experience of driving monitors with a Class D amp such as this: https://www.amazon.com/AIYIMA-A07-TP..._t1_B08C59553B
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I had a very decent sounding portable sound system for many years that was based on a car-stereo power amp. I looked around and asked a lot of questions and got one that the car-audio guys liked (they are a picky lot) and it worked really well off 12VDC from either a car battery or a big AGM gel cel. This is very doable, and I'll bet the state of the art in DC-powered amps has really moved along a ways by now.
📝 Reply