Quantcast
new Rode thread adapters - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
new Rode thread adapters
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
new Rode thread adapters

I guess this simply falls into the category of "incrementally better mousetrap"....anyway, a clever way to keep them in one spot, although I doubt anyone here doesn't already carry them to every gig, perhaps rattling around in some gear-bag side-pocket ?

https://rode.com/accessories/adaptor...thread-adaptor

https://youtu.be/D2eoosar9TM

However, it's not the complete solution to a stuck adapter...which typically involves either a pair of grip pliers, a Leatherman or a wide flat screwdriver blade.

What Rode are calling their "Driver" doesn't seem to address that...so it immediately devolves to being simply a logo-printed 'all-in-one-place adapter carrier'

OK, so their 'blade' is on the top of the Driver mount where the carabinier passes through, and maybe you can use that as a wrench...the video doesn't show that ?

They say: "Q ....How can I remove an Adaptor that is stuck on a thread?
A....The Thread Adaptor features machined edges, making it easier to grip and twist the adaptors free. If loosening by hand fails, simply insert the integrated driver head into the adaptor grooves and turn"

Machined edges are only a good start......not a solution !

I'd be inclined to throw away the adapters and Driver... and keep the carabiner clip ....

Last edited by studer58; 1 week ago at 02:59 PM..
Old 1 week ago
0VU
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
And only £25!

Maybe amusing to receive in a Christmas cracker or as a promo giveaway at shows but as a paid-for item, no. It's stupidly un-cost-effective for one useful adapter, one more or less useless (to me) adapter, a useless little threaded plug and a non-locking, non SWL certified (so pretty much useless) karabiner. Maybe the screwdriver part could be useful if I can't find a coin to release stuck adapters.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think it’s a cool concept but dang that is more expensive than I was hoping for.

-MF
📝 Reply