Quantcast
New Rode microphone? NT-452 first look - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Rode microphone? NT-452 first look
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
New Rode microphone? NT-452 first look

I spotted this while looking at the Blackmagic Atem Mini product page. Its classy look first caught my eye, and when I zoomed in to see who made it I was surprised to learn it is badged as a RODE NT452, a model that doesn't show on their website.

Anyone know anything about it?

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac ➡️
I spotted this while looking at the Blackmagic Atem Mini product page. Its classy look first caught my eye, and when I zoomed in to see who made it I was surprised to learn it is badged as a RODE NT452, a model that doesn't show on their website.

Anyone know anything about it?

Odd: if you take the picture and the adjacent blurb on ATEM Mini page at face value, it plugs into a 3.5mm mic input...

Cheers,

Roland
Old 2 weeks ago
HVY
Gear Head

Found these pics!
Attached Thumbnails
New Rode microphone? NT-452 first look-fc352041-dc6e-48c2-856b-587e175d053b.jpg   New Rode microphone? NT-452 first look-41bea3c4-50c4-48db-b058-40c48e31b039.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

I'm sure any industrial design similarities to the TLM49 are purely coincidental
Attached Thumbnails
New Rode microphone? NT-452 first look-tlm49.jpeg  
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
HVY
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavefront ➡️
I'm sure any industrial design similarities to the TLM49 are purely coincidental
Sorry but I don’t see the similarities. Jokes aside I also thought they always wrote their name røde.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
maybe a pre-production rip-off of some sort?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks like a bit of adolescent Photoshop showing off…or a Chinese Govt continuation of its trade war against Australia, via model designation ripoffs ?

There’s no way Rode would entertain mimicking a Neumann badge like that…
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
It seems like the pics come from some sort of image creation for films/pictures? Take a look at the pic: http://3dsmolier.com/3d-model-conden...rophone-rode-3

I don’t think this is Rode sanctioned...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
So you're saying that Black Magic Design, a well respected Australian company, used a forged product of Rode Microphones, another well respected Australian company, for a promo pic of one of their own products?

Chances are that BMD got Rode to design a prototype product to be used with their Atem MINI series which has 1/4" mic inputs.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
3.5mm inputs, not 1/4"...
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler ➡️
So you're saying that Black Magic Design, a well respected Australian company, used a forged product of Rode Microphones, another well respected Australian company, for a promo pic of one of their own products?

Chances are that BMD got Rode to design a prototype product to be used with their Atem MINI series which has 1/4" mic inputs.
No — I am saying that the one that looks like a Neumann mic doesn’t seem to be from a Rode product. Please see the link I posted.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
The images from post # 3 and # 4 are confusing the discussion. Let's bring it back to discussing the Rode branded product shown in my original post, please.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac ➡️
The images from post # 3 and # 4 are confusing the discussion. Let's bring it back to discussing the Rode branded product shown in my original post, please.
I think the answer is "wait and see." I do think it's plausible that Røde has developed a new mic with a 3.5" input that hasn't been announced or released yet, but it's worth noting that Blackmagic Design's promotional images are all heavily Photoshopped and this has been the norm for years. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a concept and they had some fun by calling it RODENT 452 (the ø appears to be missing from Røde in the photo and the R slightly overlaps the o, suggesting this was added afterward...and yes I'm aware that Røde has some existing mics in the NT line so it's not farfetched that this is actually a new model).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
No, the answer is in post #8 .
It's a virtual mic, designed for use in advertising.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by huub ➡️
No, the answer is in post #8 .
It's a virtual mic, designed for use in advertising.
yep, you're right...it even dates back to "Published: January 14, 2016".

Oddly enough, it looks better than most of the LD mics Rode have produced in recent years...even if it is a 'non-existent pirated hybrid' !
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I gotta say it... I've had nothing but good experience with the RODE mics in my kit. NT-4 has been around since 2002 or so... NT1 since '99, also a pair of NT-1A in 2004. All still sound good, and have a place in my mics kit. The original NT-1 was "Joly'd" with a new head basket and a K-47 capsule about a decade ago, and is my favorite LDC. The TLM193s have their place, as do the un-modded NT-1A pair.

YMMV, but these still work for me...

HB
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If it had come from the Ulli B stable...I wouldn't have been surprised:

https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-b...er-microphone/
Behringer announces the BX2020 condenser microphone
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

You know, I swear I never noticed rode nt1 = rodent 1
📝 Reply