The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mixing Opera Vocals questions (Netrebko/Deutsche Grammophon)
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earcatcher ➡️
The fat black one in the center looks like the Josephson C716 and the two on the sides have a strong similarity to Gonzo Audio XL67. (Gonzo is an obscure audio delicatessen manufacturer in the Netherlands, only known in small studio circles and producing very affordable microphones. A one man operation, born out of sheer electronics perfectionism. http://gonzoaudio.nl)

The Berlage Saxophone Quartet is Netherlands based (named after the famous "Amsterdam School" architect Berlage) and the recording that the pictures are from is most likely a Dutch or Belgian event as well, so a pair of Gonzo mics would not be too strange there.
Yes, the center mic is a Josephson C716 and the overall mic is a C700S. In the third photo it looks like they moved the C716 toward the winds and used another side-address mic for vocal center flanked by two pencil mics.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 ➡️
Berlage Saxophone Quartet, recording with Alpha Classics recently: 'On the third day of recording of LUDWIG's Ballroom album we proudly present our third soloist: the amazing Barbara Hannigan !'
Photography:@anneliesvandervegt

But..this looks like a Schoeps M-S spot pair on her voice: seems to be 2 shiny xlr plugs and a pair of cables where they exit near the stand/base ?

https://youtu.be/lXHSKfrZFTg
At first I wondered why Barbara Hannigan was on such a high stage in the pictures, and then it occurred to me that she is also known as an apt conductor, able to conduct AND sing at the same time. Here she is conducting in the Amsterdam Concertgebouw (not the Concertgebouw Orchestra, but an orchestra put together for the occassion under the name LUDWIG): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHvOTaxRwNA
Go see this spectacle! Recorded for Dutch public Radio, paid by the Dutch tax payer.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earcatcher ➡️
At first I wondered why Barbara Hannigan was on such a high stage in the pictures, and then it occurred to me that she is also known as an apt conductor, able to conduct AND sing at the same time. Here she is conducting in the Amsterdam Concertgebouw (not the Concertgebouw Orchestra, but an orchestra put together for the occassion under the name LUDWIG): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHvOTaxRwNA
Go see this spectacle! Recorded for Dutch public Radio, paid by the Dutch tax payer.
Yes, that is a great concert - so glad that NPO has made it available. Of course I am a huge fan of Ms. Hannigan and she grew up in my 'neighbourhood'. That said, she gets way more recognition abroad than at home. I keep hoping she will do a hometown concert some day.
📝 Reply