The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1st Remote Recording in over a year
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
1st Remote Recording in over a year

Got a call from a conductor to record a youth ensemble next week. It's been over a year since I've deployed a microphone in a remote setting.

This will be an odd recording because the ensemble will be spread out to social distance. Performers will be on stage, in the pit, and in the first row of the audience.

Although this will be a challenge to record, I'm just glad to get out and record something.

As for covid, I'm fully vaccinated and all performers are receiving rapid tests prior to the performance. Seating capacity is limited to 25%.

Tom
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-boy ➡️
Performers will be on stage, in the pit, and in the first row of the audience.

Although this will be a challenge to record, I'm just glad to get out and record something.

Tom
Wow , in the pit!!! no one here will go there!!! not till 2022 at the earliest!!

Ray
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Young musicians may be an area that will start to come back sooner than other groups because they aren't statistically at as a high risk of serious illness if they are otherwise healthy compared to 65+ age groups.

There are also some filters or whatever you call them that fit over the bells of trumpets, etc.

Interested to hear how this goes.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
over here, professional orchestras and choirs were allowed to continue rehearsing (almost) throughout the entire pandemic and last summer, they could play in front of audiences, before attendance got limited to small audiences or concerts were shut down either in late autumn or this spring in most places in the old world - national politicis continue to be much different.

this week, i did my first live mix after ca. 5 months, a band with 11 reed/horn players (plus drums, bass piano and lead vocals) in front of a very small audience - there are reasons to assume that larger shows will be possible within weeks or few months...
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayS ➡️
Wow , in the pit!!! no one here will go there!!! not till 2022 at the earliest!!

Ray
Its not sunken pit. Just referring to the space in front of stage. All socially distanced.
📝 Reply