Not sure what to do...
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayS ➡️
Try 14 months...!

Fear : I'm the only one in the hall with the public.!..2 masks! extreme distanciation. 3 metres all around ! .. but ......ecstasy!

Montreal les Grands Ballets Canadiens https://grandsballets.com/en/perform...detail/echoes/

Ray
it's been about five or six months in my case.

[and no, i'm not much afraid but this probably stems from regularly working in situations which are associated with much more immediate dangers]

anyway, next show tomorrow with a relatively large band (14 musicians)...
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
This is the latest (in a continuing series) recorded on April 7th, "released" April 25h, and all the performers mercifully chose to go maskless this time.

Also, all the previous ones have featured a roundtable discussion afterwards, bemoaning the plight of performers in the Covid era and offering hope/strategies for survival-- only with this one, no one had anything new to say, except that the "Covid era" is seeming to recede, and things are on track to getting back to normal. So, they mercifully left it out!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm loading in for an opera tomorrow.

The Tulsa Opera is putting on a concert called Greenwood Overcomes in remembrance of the 100th anniversary of the worst race riot and mass killing in U.S. History which took place on May 31-June 1, 1921 here in Tulsa and which resulted in the complete destruction of the Greenwood district in Tulsa, often called the "Black Wall Street". This concert features 23 works by living black composers and a all black performers.

This concert will be live streamed for free this weekend and through the end of the month, and will feature 2 performances with about 700 people in the audience. This is the biggest performance I've been involved with since the end of my tour on March 12th, 2020 (if you don't count the foot ball games I worked last fall, which I don't, because sports doesn't count in my world).

I'm doing the multi track audio recording (not the broadcast mix for the live stream), and it will be broadcast on NPR nationally through WGBH in Boston, some time later in the summer (not sure yet when). We've got a whole video crew for a multi camera video shoot, video projections, live house sound engineer, broadcast mix engineer, multi track recording engineer (me), we even have a lighting crew, etc... This is a real performance, my first in almost 14 months now also.

https://tulsaopera.com/2021/04/tulsa...ood-overcomes/
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Could be that today's trickle of work turns into a flood shortly due to pent up demand.

Just need to pay attention to continuing to protect one's personal health as things develop.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
second show today - fun to see the bandleader again with whom i started the forerunner of the current band (kaspar ewalds 'exorbitantes kabinett') some 35 years ago...

p.s. pretty sure what to do: 'keep on rocking in the free world'!
Attached Thumbnails
Not sure what to do...-20210428_194134.jpg  

Last edited by deedeeyeah; 2 weeks ago at 08:10 PM.. Reason: p.s. added
📝 Reply