The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studer OnAir 2000
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Studer OnAir 2000

A friend recently aquired one of these for free and doesn't know what to do with it. Most of the interface has seen better days, but the modules and sliders are all in good condition.

Does anyone know if it's worth putting any effort into trying to rack the pres, or if the modules are worth much money?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm ➡️
A friend recently aquired one of these for free and doesn't know what to do with it. Most of the interface has seen better days, but the modules and sliders are all in good condition.

Does anyone know if it's worth putting any effort into trying to rack the pres, or if the modules are worth much money?
studer (onair) desks are all about their processing...

at least the later onair2000 m2 version had a separate dsp/processing unit (or 'core' in studer speech) so the surface was nothing but a more or less elegant mouse/remote control for the dsp; not sure about the version 1 - i doubt separate modules can run entirely on their own though but it's too long since i installed one of their onair desks...

that said, i love studer processing!

i own four of their current vista desks which are larger and with more powerful/far higher processing capacity, higher flexibility in terms of their achitecture (i/o's, buses, groups, stems, auxes, masters, matrices) and which were not designed to get operated by dj's but by engineers.

Last edited by deedeeyeah; 3 weeks ago at 04:40 PM.. Reason: edited for clarification
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Anything made by Studer probably sounds great. Is this the console?
Attached Thumbnails
Studer OnAir 2000-studer.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe ➡️
Anything made by Studer probably sounds great. Is this the console?
Yes that's the one, although in much worse cosmetic condition. We decided the thing to do would be to take the modules out, including several stereo pres, a few digital interfacing things and a couple of pfl meters and see if we could either frankenstein them into something more compact, or if that proves too much trouble then maybe see if there's a market for them. They seem a bit niche though, hence asking here.

Maybe a broadcasting forum would be worth a look?

Thanks for the replies!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
You can buy that console shown on Ebay if you are so inclined. I am not the seller I just typed in the description and it showed up. Looks like the console is more useful for RTV production than for remote recording. The one on Ebay is selling for $249.00 FWIW
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…