Quantcast
using two mono Josephson C700S mics to record stereo - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
using two mono Josephson C700S mics to record stereo
Old 24th December 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ivo, thank you yes! dream come true. Wow, very impressive. Do you split the "Y" channel when recording, for inverted L/R in addition to the W and X channels from the mic?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I guess I didn't make it clear, but in my 2 x C700s scenario, I'm not going to keep them in mono!

Ivo, well, what was the outcome.
Your opinion of using 2
Inquiring minds want to know!
Haha
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by surflounge ➡️
Ivo, thank you yes! dream come true. Wow, very impressive. Do you split the "Y" channel when recording, for inverted L/R in addition to the W and X channels from the mic?
I remember I tried all the combinations with big expectations (I may still find some sound samples) and got (again and again to the conclusion that there is nothing like Schoeps MK2 stereo pair Plus C700S MS is of course great too ... But it did not bring me to think of getting another C700S in the end
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek ➡️
I remember I tried all the combinations with big expectations (I may still find some sound samples) and got (again and again to the conclusion that there is nothing like Schoeps MK2 stereo pair Plus C700S MS is of course great too ... But it did not bring me to think of getting another C700S in the end
thank you, read your other posts about the Schoeps MK2. much appreciate the info. Looking forward to recording live performances again. Not many good perfect spaces where I live. Will need to adapt for each occasion. Thinking of using one C700S and a pair of vertical DPA 4006 mics with nose cones positioned up within group of performers to add potential completeness to the sound capture. Plenty of channels for post mix, and stereo hopefully won't be ruined.

Last edited by surflounge; 4 weeks ago at 07:23 PM..
📝 Reply