The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kick Out Mic: Roswell mini k47..thoughts?
Old 4th January 2021
Here for the gear

Kick Out Mic: Roswell mini k47..thoughts?

I was interested in trying out some new options for a Kick Out mic (not in the sub kick/moon mic realm).

Thoughts on the Roswell mini k47 as a kick out mic, or other options in the $500 and under range?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootDrummer ➡️
I was interested in trying out some new options for a Kick Out mic (not in the sub kick/moon mic realm).

Thoughts on the Roswell mini k47 as a kick out mic, or other options in the $500 and under range?
Bump. Curious about this mic and this application as well.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have owned one since they were prototypes. Matt is one of the most knowledgeable people around when it comes to mics!

I like mine for kick in. I stick it right in there, shockmount and everything, 6-8" from the beater and let it ride. It's got a full sound to it that is the opposite of the "pre-EQ'd" kick mics I can't stand. I feel like I'm hearing the shell and not just beater click.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2HiQQ...e322397b8d4560

This track was recorded with the K47 KD inside the kick, which was a one-off custom Pork Pie 22" mahogany drum with maple rings. Basically Bill's take on a WFL kick from the 50's. No samples or funny business. Kevin Brown from LA played drums and used, as I always like to, a Low Boy wooden beater. There was also a FET47 on the front head for body but the beater sound is all K47 KD with very little EQ. If I remember correctly, I had to boost 2k on the kick to get some click - that's the kind of control I want!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I've been using a k47 on the outside kick for a while now, and it produces a ton of low end. It does seem to fart out at high decibel levels, so I've thinking about getting the Roswell K47 KD to replace it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
A cheap condenser that's been on my radar for general purpose is the AKG P220/P420, also the Neat King Bee. I suspect the Neat has more low end.
📝 Reply