Quantcast
Video lighting solutions? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Video lighting solutions?
Old 29th August 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by niversen ➡️
Video is a deep well. And much more expensive than audio to do well.
If you're going to embark on this journey it's worth starting with a good foundational understanding of the physics of light, and one of the best sources for that is the book Light ― Science & Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting. This is aimed at stills photographers, which is a different world from video and cinematography, but the basic principles of lighting are universal and someone learning to do lighting for video would still learn a lot from this book.
Old 29th August 2021 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh ➡️
If you're going to embark on this journey it's worth starting with a good foundational understanding of the physics of light, and one of the best sources for that is the book Light ― Science & Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting. This is aimed at stills photographers, which is a different world from video and cinematography, but the basic principles of lighting are universal and someone learning to do lighting for video would still learn a lot from this book.

You might also want to have a look at this https://mo01931486.schoolwires.net/c...eory_Notes.pdf

When I was in college my minor was "tech theater" and I learned this system of lighting and it has always worked well in a modified form in video as well. FWIW

It is called the THE MCCANDLESS SYSTEM after the author who devised the system. FWIW
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I don't see any problems. You can choose LED flashlights very quickly, right after installation. I have outdoor lighting in the yard with a small spotlight, but there are several solar lanterns along the path in the garden. True, they give little light and do not glow all night, but the general direction is visible. I also want to install a motion sensor so that the spotlight turns on when there is someone in the yard. There is no need to constantly turn on and off the light yourself, which makes life much easier for the house owner. It's good when it is possible to adjust the lighting around the house with just a few buttons.
📝 Reply